Jump to content

chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Recommended Posts

Just now, Melody said:

So, was the report correct or not?

I mean, The Washington Post also reported deliberate shelling by the Turks. So you tell me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

I mean, The Washington Post also reported deliberate shelling by the Turks. So you tell me

But WaPo also published a story casting doubt that it was deliberate targeting.    

Is this an "act of war," or not?  At this juncture, it doesn't appear thus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Melody said:

But WaPo also published a story casting doubt that it was deliberate targeting.    

Is this an "act of war," or not?  At this juncture, it doesn't appear thus.  

OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

 

There are plenty of kids in this country who get their start at their family company. That is what Ivanka did. She's extremely well educated and she took that advantage and ran with it. On the other hand, Hunter Biden is well educated too, yet where did he get his start? At the bank that was a major donor to his father. He then he failed at private equity, landed at a law firm that was run by the Clinton attorney Boies, then he eventually made enormous money as a result of his father's international connections.

But other than those minor differences...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen Moore tells a lot of lies.  I mean,  A LOT.   No sale. 

I encourage everyone to examine who is hosting that chart just posted - It's Stephen Moore, Art Laffer, and Steve Forbes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stanpapi said:

There are plenty of kids in this country who get their start at their family company. That is what Ivanka did. She's extremely well educated and she took that advantage and ran with it. On the other hand, Hunter Biden is well educated too, yet where did he get his start? At the bank that was a major donor to his father. He then he failed at private equity, landed at a law firm that was run by the Clinton attorney Boies, then he eventually made enormous money as a result of his father's international connections.

But other than those minor differences...

Translation: "Trading off the family name is OK when people I like do it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pfife said:

Stephen Moore tells a lot of lies.  I mean,  A LOT.   No sale. 

I encourage everyone to examine who is hosting that chart just posted - It's Stephen Moore, Art Laffer, and Steve Forbes.

Of course, the chart also doesn't tell the whole story either... namely how the the economy cratered literally right before Obama took office and that, from about 2014 on, incomes rose at a similar rate to those that Stan appears to be bragging about by posting the chart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mtutiger said:

Translation: "Trading off the family name is OK when people I like do it"

What I said was Ivanka had the advantage of starting at her family company. Distinguishing differences between Ivanka and Hunter would be that Ivanka went to her family company and ran with it. Hunter got handed a job by his father's major donor. Ivanka also didn't get kicked out of the armed services for cocaine abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Of course, the chart also doesn't tell the whole story either... namely how the the economy cratered literally right before Obama took office and that, from about 2014 on, incomes rose at a similar rate to those that Stan appears to be bragging about by posting the chart.

This is the dude that lost money while median incomes rose through the Obama presidency, it's probably a little bit much to ask of him to understand this.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

What I said was Ivanka had the advantage of starting at her family company. Distinguishing differences between Ivanka and Hunter would be that Ivanka went to her family company and ran with it. Hunter got handed a job by his father's major donor. Ivanka also didn't get kicked out of the armed services for cocaine abuse. 

Honestly, I don't see how either case doesn't fit the description of "trading off the family name"

But it's typical for you.... when it's a Trump or Trump associate, you make excuses excuses excuses, when it's someone else, you claim it's the worst thing ever. Hypocrital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Of course, the chart also doesn't tell the whole story either... namely how the the economy cratered literally right before Obama took office and that, from about 2014 on, incomes rose at a similar rate to those that Stan appears to be bragging about by posting the chart.

obama had 8 years to do something about it. Trump is up with this group of folks 300% over anything GWB or obama had. 

When you all start scratching your heads again the day after election day and look to the skies wondering "how can this be?"....no president since Ronald Reagan has done this well for the middle class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

obama had 8 years to do something about it.

image.png.a79fafbe958f02cee53b623e58c49743.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

self owned again.

The best part is that the chart is calendar year, not fiscal year.  I'll let others figure out when the last Obama fiscal year ended, and it's impact on 2017 on that chart.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

image.png.a79fafbe958f02cee53b623e58c49743.png

Nice picture, but you leave out the part where he actually ended lower than where he started in 2008. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pfife said:

self owned again.

 

Self owned? No. I made plenty of money at the expense of obama. Who knew how much value you could build at the expense of others losing their assets? 

I'd much rather earn it in a frothy economy instead of at the expense of others, but that's the hand obama dealt us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

Nice picture, but you leave out the part where he actually ended lower than where he started in 2008. 

Obama didn't start in 2008.    What a pathetic fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

What I said was Ivanka had the advantage of starting at her family company. Distinguishing differences between Ivanka and Hunter would be that Ivanka went to her family company and ran with it. Hunter got handed a job by his father's major donor. Ivanka also didn't get kicked out of the armed services for cocaine abuse. 

You just described two things that are the same thing with the exception one chose to serve their country while the others didn't...  

"you can't get kicked out if you don't join".

Man you are so bad at this...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pfife said:

Obama didn't start in 2008.    What a pathetic fail.

That was a mistype. If you look at the chart, where he started in 2009 is higher than where he ended his second term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stanpapi said:

Nice picture, but you leave out the part where he actually ended lower than where he started in 2008. 

We call those 'recessions', Stan. That one started in 2008, when Obama wasn't President.

And (for arguments sake; bc it's debatable how much any POTUS effects the economy) it would appear that Obama *did* end it (ie. did something) and led to a similar growth rate in incomes than what Trump enjoys today. And, naturally, you seem in denial about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oblong said:

You just described two things that are the same thing with the exception one chose to serve their country while the others didn't...

 

No, they are not the same. Hunter Biden got a job at a major donor for his father. That's called getting your kid a job at the expense of someone else (who happened to support you politically). Ivanka just went to work at the family business and along the way, managed to avoid cocaine and embarrassing herself in the armed forces. She also didn't just go on tv and admit she used poor judgement like Hunter just did.

But otherwise their situations are strikingly similar 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

No, they are not the same.

Correct.

One's a Trump, so their actions must be virtuous at all times. And the other is a Democrat, and all Democrats are evil.

Hypocrite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

We call those 'recessions', Stan. That one started in 2008, when Obama wasn't President.

And (for arguments sake; bc it's debatable how much any POTUS effects the economy) it would appear that Obama *did* end it (ie. did something) and led to a similar growth rate in incomes than what Trump enjoys today. And, naturally, you seem in denial about it.

I didnt' say anything about obama when I posted this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Oblong said:

You just described two things that are the same thing with the exception one chose to serve their country while the others didn't...  

"you can't get kicked out if you don't join".

Man you are so bad at this...

 

Honestly, the fact that Ivanka went to work for the family business is laughably irrelevant to the conversation.... if anything, it makes it more egregious and obvious that she only got the job because of her name and not having to anything to do with qualifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...