chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

10 hours ago, Melody said:

Confirmed by whom?   

It's in the byline, Melody.

24 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

deplorables

I'm sure all the folks who (rightly) bitched about Kathy Griffin a couple of years ago will be equally concerned about this.

(NARRATOR: They won't)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Spot on

Something we all knew anyway, but this is articulated well.

BTW, anyone who thought Trump would "grow in office" wasn't paying attention to anything the guy had been doing for decades before the campaign. It was never only about his bad widdle boy persona at rallies, yet apparently some willfully ignorant right-leaning politicos hoped it was.

3 hours ago, tigerbomb13 said:

deplorables

Did you see the White House press secretary's tweet in response to this?

To which I can answer only, "The helll he hasn't, and the helll he does."

Here's a great quote in this morning Politico Playbook, apparently from an article in the Times:

"[Chris] Wallace joked about the president's tendency to compare him unfavorably to his father, the "60 Minutes" legend Mike Wallace, who died in 2012. 'He often likes to say about me, 'You know, I was covered by Mike Wallace, I liked him much more,'' Mr. Wallace told the advertisers. 'To which my reaction is always: One of us has a daddy problem, and it's not me.'" NYT

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Here's a great quote in this morning Politico Playbook, apparently from an article in the Times:

"[Chris] Wallace joked about the president's tendency to compare him unfavorably to his father, the "60 Minutes" legend Mike Wallace, who died in 2012. 'He often likes to say about me, 'You know, I was covered by Mike Wallace, I liked him much more,'' Mr. Wallace told the advertisers. 'To which my reaction is always: One of us has a daddy problem, and it's not me.'" NYT

Trump sees Wallace as the last Faux News hold out.

Paul Ryan really making a difference now.

9 hours ago, chasfh said:

Did you see the White House press secretary's tweet in response to this?

To which I can answer only, "The helll he hasn't, and the helll he does."

Anybody who thinks Trump has not seen it is an idiot.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Anybody who thinks Trump has not seen it is an idiot.  

I just watched the video (against my better judgment). Aside from it being one of the stupidest things I've ever seen and terribly produced, the content, while being a caricature, has no place in American politics. Quite honestly, I don't think Trump should give it any specific credence, other than to reiterate there is no place for violence and that this wasn't approved by the RNC or Trump. That pretty much makes it no different than any other bad youtube video done in poor taste.

16 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I just watched the video (against my better judgment). Aside from it being one of the stupidest things I've ever seen and terribly produced, the content, while being a caricature, has no place in American politics. Quite honestly, I don't think Trump should give it any specific credence, other than to reiterate there is no place for violence and that this wasn't approved by the RNC or Trump. That pretty much makes it no different than any other bad youtube video done in poor taste.

I am glad you were not amused by it.

It wasn't just some random  video though.  It was shown at Trump properties.  Trump would not condemn it if helped him politically.  Personally, I don't see how it can help him, but you guys seem to get your jollies in strange ways sometimes.    

7 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It wasn't just some random  video though.  It was shown at Trump properties.  Trump would not condemn it if helped him politically.  Personally, I don't see how it can help him, but you guys seem to get your jollies in strange ways sometimes.    

It helps him because the Kingsmen scene was badass, and this reinforces Trump’s image among red hats as being a badass.

You heard me right: red hats think Trump is a badass. No, really.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

It helps him because the Kingsmen scene was badass, and this reinforces Trump’s image among red hats as being a badass.

You heard me right: red hats think Trump is a badass. No, really.

You misspelled fat. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Above all it was just flat out stupid. Honestly, I think he's better off just generically saying he condemns any violence whatsoever and not address the video specifically. Why give it any credence at all- doesn't deserve any.

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

Above all it was just flat out stupid. Honestly, I think he's better off just generically saying he condemns any violence whatsoever and not address the video specifically. Why give it any credence at all- doesn't deserve any.

Something being stupid has not stopped Trump from promoting it in the past.  

3 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Something being stupid has not stopped Trump from promoting it in the past.  

I don't think he should. That said- the message that the media is largely biased against him is absolutely correct. We are hearing more about that this week with the CNN whistleblower. But depicting it using violence of any kind is wrong. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, stanpapi said:

I don't think he should. That said- the message that the media is largely biased against him is absolutely correct. We are hearing more about that this week with the CNN whistleblower. But depicting it using violence of any kind is wrong. 

The media loves him.  He has made them lots of money by constantly either creating or feeding controversies.  There are many conservative parts of the media that are heavily biased in his favor  of Trump says as Fox news, conservative talk radio and almost every local paper and TV station in rural areas of the country.  His problem is he is too thin skinned to handle criticism and his reactions to it just make everything worse.  The reality is that most of the big liberal leaning media outlets, while biased, are not "fake news" or "hoaxes" and describing them as such is one of the worst things a President has ever done in this country.  The Presidency is a tough job and Trump needs to stop being a baby and focus on his job. 

6 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Is Neil working his way out of Fox too?

Unlike Shepard Smith, Cavuto would have difficulty finding high profile work outside of Fox.  

He could retire comfortably in a mid market city as an anchor as long as it’s not owned by St Clair

You can always con a con man.....

For 40 years, Donald Trump has repeatedly told America that dealmaking is his superpower, that he is the greatest negotiator ever existed.

So let’s take him at his word. He gave Turkey’s strongman a giant gift. What did he get in return?

Turkey is a U.S. treaty ally through its NATO membership. Since Congress has ratified the NATO treaty, it means that U.S. law binds America to protect Turkey, because of which we have supplied Turkey with American military goods. The problem is that Turkey has been increasingly aligning itself with Russia. Which is not only not a NATO signatory, but is the entity which NATO was created to protect Europe from.

For instance, Turkey recently purchased the Russian S-400 missile defense weapon system. This move angered the United States because Turkey’s military has typically relied on American technology and secrets. Integrating Russian weapons could expose American military secrets to Russia. It would have been good for America if, for instance, the greatest dealmaker in history had gotten Erdogan to cancel its S-400 purchase in return of greenlighting their operations against the Kurds in northern Syria.

It would have been a bad deal. But at least America would have gotten something in return for sacrificing its interests.

So far as we know, he got nothing of the sort. Or, more accurately: He got nothing.

https://thebulwark.com/conning-the-con-man/

On 10/13/2019 at 9:32 PM, mtutiger said:

It's in the byline, Melody.

Who is, "US?"  This individual was evidently misinformed, which is why I rarely rely on news via twitter.

4 minutes ago, Melody said:

Who is, "US?"  This individual was evidently misinformed, which is why I rarely rely on news via twitter.

The AP. The Associated Press.

Jesus.

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The AP. The Associated Press.

Jesus.

So, was the report correct or not?