Jump to content

chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Recommended Posts

I’ve known some very successful executives who have done just fine wearing JC Penny or Kohl’s suits.

And some of the biggest frauds who pose as salespeople who wore Armani. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

I fill them out just fine. 

And my litmus test is not to just 'look' respectable at work.

I don't even wear a suit to work.  It doesn't help me do my work.  It's just kind of funny that someone who blows large amounts of money on expensive clothing and puts down people who don't would be complaining about the pussification of America.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

I don't even wear a suit to work.  It doesn't help me do my work.  It's just kind of funny that someone who blows large amounts of money on expensive clothing and puts down people who don't would be complaining about the pussification of America.  

People that can't have an adult conversation without hurling insult after insult or feel better about themselves by blocking content are the definition of pussification. They were the kids who were satisfied with competition trophies, too. I block no one- never have, never will. I want to hear conflicting views, moderate views, views I disagree with and even the 90% of this board that is completely bat**** crackers lately. That's the difference between me and someone who can't handle life, though. I'd much prefer to prove an insane position wrong than block it out. But that's also why I believe in non-violent free speech- as opposed to people who pretend they believe in our country's founding ideals...but really don't. I see that stuff all the time on this board. 

As professional dress, I do what I need to do. I always dressed for the job I wanted when I was younger. You have to have the chops at whatever you do, but if you want to be a leader, you have to back it up and also look the part too. Credibility matters and leadership is a complete package, not just a single facet. I see people walking to their offices in jeans and I think "that's great that your employer allows that. It's your choice to compromise and settle for it, though". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

People that can't have an adult conversation without hurling insult after insult or feel better about themselves by blocking content are the definition of pussification. They were the kids who were satisfied with competition trophies, too. I block no one- never have, never will. I want to hear conflicting views, moderate views, views I disagree with and even the 90% of this board that is completely bat**** crackers lately. That's the difference between me and someone who can't handle life, though. I'd much prefer to prove an insane position wrong than block it out. But that's also why I believe in non-violent free speech- as opposed to people who pretend they believe in our country's founding ideals...but really don't. I see that stuff all the time on this board. 

As professional dress, I do what I need to do. I always dressed for the job I wanted when I was younger. You have to have the chops at whatever you do, but if you want to be a leader, you have to back it up and also look the part too. Credibility matters and leadership is a complete package, not just a single facet. I see people walking to their offices in jeans and I think "that's great that your employer allows that. It's your choice to compromise and settle for it, though". 

Just yesterday, you attacked people of different cultures by insinuating they all live in tents and stink, while simultaneously, in another thread, attacked "dumbocrats" by saying they probably shop at Khols, to show everyone how much better you are than them for not shopping there. 

Your man was notorious for blocking people until he wasn't allowed to anymore. 

Do you understand the term "hypocrisy?" 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

People that can't have an adult conversation without hurling insult after insult or feel better about themselves by blocking content are the definition of pussification.

In other words, Donald Trump.  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Just yesterday, you attacked people of different cultures by insinuating they all live in tents and stink, while simultaneously, in another thread, attacked "dumbocrats" by saying they probably shop at Khols, to show everyone how much better you are than them for not shopping there. 

Your man was notorious for blocking people until he wasn't allowed to anymore. 

Do you understand the term "hypocrisy?" 

So do you notice the intellectual midget who consistently calls me a racist? That's the left for you- in a nutshell. No substance, empty suits, all talk- but when pushed- he turtles and hurls the typical stereotypes. That said, I'll defend myself if attacked, and that's what I did. 

Now, if you're saying you're cool with tent cities in CA, man up and go live in one, but please get off the high horse and don't pretend they're fine places to live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

This is as awesome as awesome gets....

 

 

11 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Wow he winked! So cute and awesome!!! That'll show her. 

It's OK to act like a dick if you wear an expensive suit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stanpapi said:

So do you notice the intellectual midget who consistently calls me a racist? That's the left for you- in a nutshell. No substance, empty suits, all talk- but when pushed- he turtles and hurls the typical stereotypes. That said, I'll defend myself if attacked, and that's what I did. 

Now, if you're saying you're cool with tent cities in CA, man up and go live in one, but please get off the high horse and don't pretend they're fine places to live. 

Maybe people just don't want to waste any substance on someone that comes here to troll people and then cries when people don't show him respect.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiger337 said:

Maybe people just don't want to waste any substance on someone that comes here to troll people and then cries when people don't show him respect.  

Troll? No. 7 years here on the board. I post an opinion that isn't shared, but I've posted significant substantive posts over my time here. As for the poster in question, he hasn't posted anything of any independent thought in years. And when challenged to actually prove he has any analytical capability, he curls up and goes back to hurling personal insults.

That's the very definition of an empty suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

more hard hitting analysis I see. 

I agree I totally nailed it chief

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Maybe people just don't want to waste any substance on someone that comes here to troll people and then cries when people don't show him respect.  

bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pfife said:

I agree I totally nailed it chief

No, it's not just with me. You don't say a damn thing anywhere on the board that's worth a flying ****. Never have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, stanpapi said:

People that can't have an adult conversation without hurling insult after insult or feel better about themselves by blocking content are the definition of pussification. They were the kids who were satisfied with competition trophies, too. I block no one- never have, never will. I want to hear conflicting views, moderate views, views I disagree with and even the 90% of this board that is completely bat**** crackers lately. That's the difference between me and someone who can't handle life, though. I'd much prefer to prove an insane position wrong than block it out. But that's also why I believe in non-violent free speech- as opposed to people who pretend they believe in our country's founding ideals...but really don't. I see that stuff all the time on this board. 

As professional dress, I do what I need to do. I always dressed for the job I wanted when I was younger. You have to have the chops at whatever you do, but if you want to be a leader, you have to back it up and also look the part too. Credibility matters and leadership is a complete package, not just a single facet. I see people walking to their offices in jeans and I think "that's great that your employer allows that. It's your choice to compromise and settle for it, though". 

So circling back, you just not going to address the hypocrisy in supporting someone as notorious for blocking everyone as your leader? You took the time to pat yourself on the back for be open minded on such an important issues, but you have no problem constantly supporting someone who does exactly what you were complaining about. Hypocrisy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stanpapi said:

No, it's not just with me. You don't say a damn thing anywhere on the board that's worth a flying ****. Never have.

There's that level-headed, open-mindedness in action. Nice job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yoda said:

So circling back, you just not going to address the hypocrisy in supporting someone as notorious for blocking everyone as your leader? You took the time to pat yourself on the back for be open minded on such an important issues, but you have no problem constantly supporting someone who does exactly what you were complaining about. Hypocrisy. 

Trump has been blocked since before he assumed office, in ways that no president has ever experienced. Your side set the new standard- threatening harm to electors, buying fake information from foreign governments and rioting during Inaugural balls. So spare me the "blocking" nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Trump has been blocked since before he assumed office, in ways that no president has ever experienced. Your side set the new standard- threatening harm to electors, buying fake information from foreign governments and rioting during Inaugural balls. So spare me the "blocking" nonsense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The buck stops here": Harry S. Truman

"Ask not what you your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country": John F. Kennedy

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall": Ronald Reagan

 

 

 

"Rick Perry made me do it": Donald J. Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Trump has been blocked since before he assumed office, in ways that no president has ever experienced. Your side set the new standard- threatening harm to electors, buying fake information from foreign governments and rioting during Inaugural balls. So spare me the "blocking" nonsense. 

Way to completely avoid the question. Not sure what else I expected. 

You might be the person most loyal to him and blind to his shortcomings who isn't being paid to do so. It's fascinating. But I wonder, at which point do you stop and wonder why you're the only person here who isn't seeing it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yoda said:

But I wonder, at which point do you stop and wonder why you're the only person here who isn't seeing it? 

I'm sure the family members of Scientologists ask the same questions.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yoda said:

Way to completely avoid the question. Not sure what else I expected. 

You might be the person most loyal to him and blind to his shortcomings who isn't being paid to do so. It's fascinating. But I wonder, at which point do you stop and wonder why you're the only person here who isn't seeing it? 

I don't stop and wonder. Because "here" - this board- is about as one-sided as it gets. It isn't representative of the country, or quite frankly, any day of my life for the last 3 years. I meet people all the time who talk about how great they think the country is doing and how much they support the president. If he had ****ty policies that weren't having economic impact, I wouldn't support him.

By the way, there are 62M+ others just like me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I don't stop and wonder. Because "here" - this board- is about as one-sided as it gets. It isn't representative of the country, or quite frankly, any day of my life for the last 3 years. I meet people all the time who talk about how great they think the country is doing and how much they support the president. If he had ****ty policies that weren't having economic impact, I wouldn't support him.

 

 

Nobody here gives a crap what your friends think.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,671
    • Total Posts
      2,975,772
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...