chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

19 minutes ago, Oblong said:

wonder what it means for Graham?

Probably not much, NC is a much different state than SC.

But even if there is a little public football spiking, I doubt the folks in the Thom Tillis are going all Stanpapi about last night. If that kind of shift happens in the suburbs to him, he could lose.

9 hours ago, stanpapi said:

When will the cries of voter fraud come now that the dems got swept in both house races tonight? 

Cries of voter fraud that, incidentally, were absolutely substantiated.

Lest we forget that.

• Thanks 6

3 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Remember there is no moral victory in Trump World because they are bullies.  They only see dominance and submission.  

Then when they are beaten, they cry and call it unfair.  

Imagine what the reaction would be if Obama... blah blah blah.... Exhibit One Million...

• Thanks 2

Trump Administration: "It's not the gun, it's the hand that pulls the trigger"

Also Trump Administration: 

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Are they also banning those disc things some people have in their earlobes because Trump doesn’t like that look?

39 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

That's called Freedom

First Putin, now Kim. Next thing you know the Taliban will want to set up a meeting around 9/11

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

First Putin, now Kim. Next thing you know the Taliban will want to set up a meeting around 9/11

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?  

This is a good skewering of the illegal reallocation of Pentagon funds for the racist wall.

https://thebulwark.com/what-the-pentagon-is-sacrificing-to-pay-for-the-border-wall/

Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Virginia will not get a new cyber operations facility, because the future of warfare probably has nothing to do with computers and everything to do with walls.

• Thanks 1

The White House press pool sent out a brief report last night of remarks Donald Trump made as he was leaving on Marine One.

You can't make this up:

Q    Mr. President, are you considering Secretary Pompeo to also be the National Security Advisor?

THE PRESIDENT:  No, I wouldn’t.  I think he’s fantastic, but I actually spoke to Mike Pompeo about that, and he decided -- and he and I -- I get along with him so well.  We have a lot of the same views, and a couple of a little different views.  But he likes the idea of having somebody in there with him, and I do too.

I think that we’ll have an answer for you -- we have -- we have 15 candidates.  Everybody wants it badly, as you can imagine.  And we’ll probably next week sometime make that decision.  And we look forward to that.

Q    (Inaudible) 15 candidates.  Yesterday, you said you had five candidates.

THE PRESIDENT:  We had.  We have at least 10 more.  A lot of people want the job.  And we -- it’s a great job.  It’s great because it’s a lot of fun to work with Donald Trump.  And it’s very easy, actually, to work with me.  You know why it’s easy?  Because I make all the decisions.  They don’t have to work.

Say it with me one more time: This is not normal.
  • You don't fire your National Security Advisor without knowing who will replace him. This job isn't under-secretary of Agriculture. It's important.
  • The idea that Trump went from 5 candidates to 15 in 24 hours because . . . what? Because a bunch of people on LinkedIn sent him their resumes?
  • PEOPLE DO NOT APPLY FOR THE JOB OF NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR.
  • Filling cabinet-level jobs concerning the national security of the United States is not like hiring a shift manager at McDonald's.
And that last line about how easy it is to work with Donald Trump because you just kind of sit there and smile while he makes all the decisions?

AYFKM?

I mean, if that's Trump's view then why bother having a national security advisor in the first place? Just throw the title onto Jared's plate since it's such a nothingburger and let the god-emperor keep making America great again.

If you were talking with the guy who owned your local pizza parlor and he presented his theory of management in this way, you'd smile and nod and wonder how long it would be until Papa John's put him under.

But this is the president of the United States talking about the national security apparatus of our government.

If we escape this administration without a major foreign policy calamity, it will be a miracle. 

https://mailchi.mp/thebulwark/twitter-is-wrong-biden-won-again?e=495bdc19e8

priceless

5 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

The guy just talks out of his *** and makes things up as he goes along.

He is a charicature of a used car salesman.

Outside of his hard core supporters, I don't think anyone really thought planning ahead or managing his cabinet would be a forte of his.