chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Trump Administration Weakens Protections for Endangered Species

The Trump administration on Monday announced that it would change the way the Endangered Species Act is applied, significantly weakening the nation’s bedrock conservation law credited with rescuing the bald eagle, the grizzly bear and the American alligator from extinction.

The changes will make it harder to consider the effects of climate change on wildlife when deciding whether a given species warrants protection. They would most likely shrink critical habitats and, for the first time, would allow economic assessments to be conducted when making determinations.

The rules also make it easier to remove a species from the endangered species list and weaken protections for threatened species, a designation that means they are at risk of becoming endangered.

Overall, the new rules would very likely clear the way for new mining, oil and gas drilling, and development in areas where protected species live.

Image result for mr burns excellent

On 8/11/2019 at 12:49 PM, tiger337 said:

Here he is:

Fun fact: before becoming Il Duce, Mussolini was the enemy of the people as a journalist and a newspaper editor.

2 hours ago, pfife said:

Trade wars are easy to win

All they have to do is give him the permit to build Trump Beijing and the trade war ends like *snap* that.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Fun fact: before becoming Il Duce, Mussolini was the enemy of the people as a journalist and a newspaper editor.

I am not suggesting they are similar people, just that their mannerisms are almost identical.  

I remember when people actually argued tax cuts pay for themselves in this forum.    They will again.    What a lie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ken Cuccinelli: "Give me your tired and your poor who can stand on their own two feet"

Ken Cuccinelli, the acting head of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, tweaked the famous poem inside the Statue of Liberty during an interview on NPR's "Morning Edition" to defend the Trump administration's rule that would penalize immigrants who use or are likely to use public benefit programs such as food stamps, housing assistance or Medicaid.

Emma Lazarus' original words from "The New Colossus":

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

• Sad 1

Trump's inviting people to push conspiracy theories about him and Epstein with his own flirtations with Clinton conspiracies -- something I'm sure Brad Parscale and Trump's other advisors are telling him.  There is no upside for Trump on this issue.

18 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

He seems to be inviting China to invade...

Trump would use it to justify more and higher tariffs.

I thought moving troops to the border was a good thing? Or is it only when he does it to stop a massive caravan from invading our country? Which is it, good thing or not a good thing? How are Americans supposed to react when the President moves troops to our border? I have a lot of questions as you can see.

VOX: Epstein's Connections to Donald Trump

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.” - Donald J. Trump speaking in-regards to Jeffery Epstein

22 minutes ago, pfife said:

Now we know whose ancestors must have written the 3/5 clause in the Constitution.

26 minutes ago, pfife said:

Not sure what other alternative explanation there is for this.

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Not sure what other alternative explanation there is for this

It’s white nationalism out in the open and promoted by the White House. A spade is a spade. 

• Thanks 1