chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

8 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The fact that you can say he repudiated white nationalism when he called himself a nationalist at his own rally and said there were "very fine people on both sides" and "bad people on both sides" in response to white nationalist chanting "Jews will not replace us" after Charlottesville is beyond laughable. You're defending a guy who literally called himself a nationalist.

na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun

1. identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.
    "their nationalism is tempered by a desire to join the European Union"
    synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, allegiance/loyalty to one's country, loyalism, nationality;More

• advocacy of or support for the political independence of a particular nation or people.

WHITE NATIONALIST
      White nationalist groups espouse white supremacist or white separatist ideologies, often focusing on the alleged inferiority of nonwhites. Groups listed in a variety of other categories - Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederate, neo-Nazi, racist skinhead, and Christian Identity - could also be fairly described as white nationalist.

I'm chuckling, but ultimately not surprised, that you don't know the difference between these two terms. Or, perhaps (worse yet) you do in fact know the difference, but you choose to conflate the two terms and actually think this passes for an intelligent post. It does not.

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

Even if they can prove Kavanaugh perjured himself, Dems would have to take the Senate in 2020 to threaten his impeachment. The GOP is too shameless at this point to pressure one of their own to resign over something as prosaic as simple perjury.

The knee jerk bullcrap of this Pre-school president has got to stop. 

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

The letter mentioned in this clickbait tweet referred to them only as left wing billionaires attempting to buy political favor. It never mentioned their religion. 

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

The letter mentioned in this clickbait tweet referred to them only as left wing billionaires attempting to buy political favor. It never mentioned their religion. 

It's so cute that you think I give a flying crap about your terrible posts.   I don't waste my time on drivel from racists.  Sorry cheif.

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

It's so cute that you think I give a flying crap about your terrible posts.   I don't waste my time on drivel from racists.  Sorry cheif.

you didn't waste your time going past the clickbait article to understand what was really written. 

This is nothing new. 

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

you didn't waste your time going past the clickbait article to understand what was really written. 

This is nothing new. 

pf

Just now, pfife said:

pf

I have life long Jewish friends who get very upset at actual anti-semitism, and rightly so.

They would also the first to look at nonsense like the letter you just tried to pass off as anti-semitism and laugh you out of the room.

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

I have life long Jewish friends who get very upset at actual anti-semitism, and rightly so.

They would also the first to look at nonsense like the letter you just tried to pass off as anti-semitism and laugh you out of the room.

pf get lost nazi

1 minute ago, pfife said:

pf get lost nazi

You get very defensive when you're found to be posting garbage.

Maybe don't post garbage....?

33 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You get very defensive when you're found to be posting garbage.

Maybe don't post garbage....?

Pf 

11 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I like when pfife gets under Stan's skin.  

You mean how when pressed on the lie he posts, he has no response to it other than 3rd grade-level burns? 

Yeah, that grinds my gears lol.

38 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You mean how when pressed on the lie he posts, he has no response to it other than 3rd grade-level burns? 

Yeah, that grinds my gears lol.

Go burn another cross

I used 3rd grade level burns before you pressed.  Remember yesterday idiot?  Quit **** posting 

6 hours ago, mtutiger said:

So much for unity...

Respect law enforcement...heck of a message from an autocrat wannabe

Maybe I missed where he disrespected law enforcement, but I've seen nothing Beto  has done that disrespects victims.   

2 hours ago, pfife said:

Maybe I missed where he disrespected law enforcement, but I've seen nothing Beto  has done that disrespects victims.   

He "disrespected" Trump and Trump is always the victim. Duh!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Yeah - it's Tom Friedman, but this is still an informative take on the US/China situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/06/opinion/trump-china-trade.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Good article and his view on how we should have fought China is smart and thoughtful.  The only issue is one he brings up himself:

Was it because Xi believes what a senior Chinese official told me last year when I argued that China had to change on trade: “You Americans are too late. We’re too big.

If Trump believes we were too late, signing the TPP which even supporters say is flawed, then going to the EU and putting something similar in place puts us another year or two behind trying to deal with China.  I'm happy we're trying something different with China, i'm scared about who is actually doing it.

This is what is coming to Kentucky when Oleg Deripaska moves his Rusal plant to town and further lines RuPaul and Moscow Mitch's pockets with his Putinrubles

images are actually incredible.  Lets hope they kept the human carnage to a minimum.

[edit: and yes, I know its not the aluminum plant causing  the explosions]