Jump to content

chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

What TV show was your moronic president watching all afternoon?  Gorilla TV maybe?  

He was probably watching c span where the dumb-ocrats couldn't get out of their own way all afternoon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

Trumpers are the only ones who think America isn't great.

Make America Great Again has always suggested America sucks as-is. MAWAs should go back to whatever country their ancestors came from before they slaughtered Native Americans and took their lands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

Trumpers are the only ones who think America isn't great.

True.  They ******* hate everybody in it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

True.  They ******* hate everybody in it.  

nope. it was on the road to not great...and fast. That's been stopped, however. Unless you happen to be a democrat politician outraged because you can't drag more votes across the mexican border- Or find a candidate that isn't an extremist nut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

nope. it was on the road to not great...and fast. That's been stopped, however. Unless you happen to be a democrat politician outraged because you can't drag more votes across the mexican border- Or find a candidate that isn't an extremist nut. 

There are a lot of good conservative politicians.  Donald Trump isn't one of them. His only agenda is strengthening his business interests. That's why we haven't received his tax returns. But his racist remarks about a religion and his racist remarks about other Americans should be his downfall. Just a dumb, old redneck fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stanpapi said:

The democrats spent the entire afternoon sparing with one another. All the democrats were successful at is exposing how many rifts there are in their own party. 

They just passed a resolution on a unanimous vote. Meaning everyone from Collin Peterson and Dan Lipinski to AOC and Ilhan Omar came together and agreed that the President made a racist statement.

Not sure how this messages disunity despite their political differences 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

He was probably watching c span where the dumb-ocrats couldn't get out of their own way all afternoon....

 

Just now, mtutiger said:

They just passed a resolution on a unanimous vote. Meaning everyone from Collin Peterson and Dan Lipinski to AOC and Ilhan Omar came together and agreed that the President made a racist statement.

Not sure how this messages disunity despite their political differences 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sports_Freak said:

There are a lot of good conservative politicians.  Donald Trump isn't one of them. His only agenda is strengthening his business interests. That's why we haven't received his tax returns. But his racist remarks about a religion and his racist remarks about other Americans should be his downfall. Just a dumb, old redneck fool.

The guy entered office as a billionaire and will leave it as a billionaire. I have more interest in the guy who entered with nothing and left filthy rich.....like so many of them have. 

I've said this before, but the utter fascination with his tax returns is hilarious. That said, it will be even more hilarious watching the board and all the hard hitting political pundits try to decipher them if they are ever released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

They just passed a resolution on a unanimous vote. Meaning everyone from Collin Peterson and Dan Lipinski to AOC and Ilhan Omar came together and agreed that the President made a racist statement.

Not sure how this messages disunity despite their political differences 

They ruled their own speaker out of order and banned her from speaking for the rest of the day. 

Nice try though.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stanpapi said:

They ruled their own speaker out of order and banned her from speaking for the rest of the day. 

Nice try though.....

And then proceeded to override it on a party line vote and then proceeded to pass the resolution. With unanimity within party and with 4 Rs + Amash.

But yeah, "Dems in Disarray" lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

And then proceeded to override it on a party line vote and then proceeded to pass the resolution. With unanimity within party and with 4 Rs + Amash.

But yeah, "Dems in Disarray" lol

Dude, it was on full display. It was like a laurel and hardy short. 

this is all a facade anyway. They know they would have an utter revolution if they tried to impeach him, so this is the best they've got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The guy entered office as a billionaire and will leave it as a billionaire. I have more interest in the guy who entered with nothing and left filthy rich.....like so many of them have. 

I've said this before, but the utter fascination with his tax returns is hilarious. That said, it will be even more hilarious watching the board and all the hard hitting political pundits try to decipher them if they are ever released. 

Just like the utter fascination with Obama's birth certificate? The only difference is we got to see Obama's birth certificate.  Trump's tax returns? Not so much.

And yes, he was supposedly a billionaire when he came into office, hung into his business interests and then supported legislation to benefit his businesses. And the racist, redneck, mouth breathing knuckle dragging supporters ate it up. Not so much in 2020. His true colors are showing and he'll be a one term bad joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Dude, it was on full display. It was like a laurel and hardy short. 

When I buy a pack of Koegels Polish Dogs, I buy them because the end product is a dog that tastes good. I don't buy them to ponder the process upon which the dog was made.

Same for most people. They care about the end result, everything else is just noise

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

When I buy a pack of Koegels Polish Dogs, I buy them because the end product is a dog that tastes good. I don't buy them to ponder the process upon which the dog was made.

Same for most people. They care about the end result, everything else is just noise

The end result is a meaningless partisan vote that no one will remember or much care about. It's about ginning up whatever base they have, because the dems have very few non-extremist candidates that excite anybody. And the few they have are cratering in the polls. This desperate move is just like every other desperate move made by this group of very desperate people. People, I might add, that in addition to having a big problem for 2020, also see some other things happening in the background that aren't good for them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Just like the utter fascination with Obama's birth certificate? The only difference is we got to see Obama's birth certificate.  Trump's tax returns? Not so much.

And yes, he was supposedly a billionaire when he came into office, hung into his business interests and then supported legislation to benefit his businesses. And the racist, redneck, mouth breathing knuckle dragging supporters ate it up. Not so much in 2020. His true colors are showing and he'll be a one term bad joke. 

There is nothing that prohibits a president from earning a living outside of office and maintaining those interests while in office. This was all debated during the rockerfeller years, and the recent hail mary on emoluments went nowhere fast. And the President didn't create the tax policy; congress did. He signed it. There were very material differences in what became law vs. what he proposed. Those policies benefit millions of people, including Trump.

Sorry, that dog don't hunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

There is nothing that prohibits a president from earning a living outside of office and maintaining those interests while in office. This was all debated during the rockerfeller years, and the recent hail mary on emoluments went nowhere fast. And the President didn't create the tax policy; congress did. He signed it. There were very material differences in what became law vs. what he proposed. Those policies benefit millions of people, including Trump.

Sorry, that dog don't hunt. 

The 2016 election saw a shift in how candidates confronted their conflicts of interest. Rather than attempting to avoid conflicts, then-candidate Trump embraced his. Trump admitted that his policy decisions currently are and would continue to be affected by his business ventures.[97]When addressing a recent lease for his hotel business, the federally-owned Old Post Office Pavilion in Washington, D.C., Trump admitted “I have a conflict of interest because I am building the greatest . . . building at the old post office I think what will be maybe one of the great hotels in the world.”[98]

 

https://harvardjol.com/2018/03/25/it-is-all-about-the-money-presidential-conflicts-of-interest/#_The Millionaire's Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The 2016 election saw a shift in how candidates confronted their conflicts of interest. Rather than attempting to avoid conflicts, then-candidate Trump embraced his. Trump admitted that his policy decisions currently are and would continue to be affected by his business ventures.[97]When addressing a recent lease for his hotel business, the federally-owned Old Post Office Pavilion in Washington, D.C., Trump admitted “I have a conflict of interest because I am building the greatest . . . building at the old post office I think what will be maybe one of the great hotels in the world.”[98]

 

https://harvardjol.com/2018/03/25/it-is-all-about-the-money-presidential-conflicts-of-interest/#_The Millionaire's Club

There's no law saying Trump can't do exactly what he's done. Just like Rockerfeller did. Just like there is no law saying he has to produce tax returns. And if you restrict someone's ability to earn a living if they win the presidency, you will find you won't have too many people signing up to be president.

Quite frankly, this argument is meaningless when it comes to Trump. Because whatever he earns from the time he became president until the time he leaves in 2025 won't alter his standard of living one bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

nope. it was on the road to not great...and fast. That's been stopped, however. Unless you happen to be a democrat politician outraged because you can't drag more votes across the mexican border- Or find a candidate that isn't an extremist nut. 

Nope, other than the Bush recession, the economy has been pretty stagnant for a long time.  It's really not that great now either unless you are buying into the propaganda and sound bites.  The unemployment rate is low thanks to a lot of people getting low paying jobs.  It was already low before Trump.  The debt just keeps on soaring.  How is that a good thing?  It wasn't good under Obama and it isn't good now.  The gap between rich and middle class keep getting bigger and bigger.  The economy is good for wealthy people and mediocre for everyone else just as always.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Nope, other than the Bush recession, the economy has been pretty stagnant for a long time.  It's really not that great now either unless you are buying into the propaganda and sound bites.  The unemployment rate is low thanks to a lot of people getting low paying jobs.  It was already low before Trump.  The debt just keeps on soaring.  How is that a good thing?  It wasn't good under Obama and it isn't good now.  The gap between rich and middle class keep getting bigger and bigger.  The economy is good for wealthy people and mediocre for everyone else just as always.  

Maybe it's mediocre because there are just mediocre people. It's amazing what hustle and a good brain will do for your economic interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Maybe it's mediocre because there are just mediocre people. It's amazing what hustle and a good brain will do for your economic interests.

Or inheritance, corruption and lack of morals.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiger337 said:

Or inheritance, corruption and lack of morals.  

 

There's an awful lot of people who can't stand someone else being successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stanpapi said:

There's an awful lot of people who can't stand someone else being successful. 

There are a lot of people who equate success with wealth.  Big mistake.  

Personally, I don't give a **** if people make a lot of money as long as they do it it honestly.  I  don't like scam artists like your boy Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An Ignorant man's idea of a smart man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, a poor man's idea of a rich man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...