chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

12 minutes ago, Melody said:

I was talking to my mom today and she brought up her Venezuelan neighbors.  She says that they are MAGA hat wearing Trump supporters.  Also naturalized Citizens now and voters.   

They are literally supporting a politician who doesn’t want “their kind” here. Hopefully they come to their senses. 

14 minutes ago, Melody said:

I was talking to my mom today and she brought up her Venezuelan neighbors.  She says that they are MAGA hat wearing Trump supporters.  Also naturalized Citizens now and voters.   

A guy I worked with was born in Peru and is a hardcore Trumper. He really has a fascination with that Milo guy. I just don't get it. 

Just now, Euphdude said:

They are literally supporting a politician who doesn’t want “their kind” here. Hopefully they come to their senses. 

I honestly dont know if that's the case, in part because the standards for refugees of certain oppressive regimes (eg. Iran, Venezuela, Cuba) are different than for other refugees.

33 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Come to forum, see the lefties throwing down the racist card....yawn, then go do something else. 

Why just throw down one card.  Let's throw down a royal flush:

(1) Racist

(2) Sex predator

(3) Crook

(4) Ignorant

(5) sociopath

And that is no exaggeration.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

A guy I worked with was born in Peru and is a hardcore Trumper. He really has a fascination with that Milo guy. I just don't get it. 

I mean, South America does have a history of right-wing authoritarian governments (eg. Pinochet in Chile, Alfredo Stroessner in Paraguay, the Brazilian Junta)... so it's not inconceivable 

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

I mean, South America does have a history of right-wing authoritarian governments (eg. Pinochet in Chile, Alfredo Stroessner in Paraguay, the Brazilian Junta)... so it's not inconceivable 

I guess my thinking is that they came to America to escape those regimes. My grandparents fled Italy during the Mussolini reign and didn't have an affinity for that kind of rule in America. 

I'm ready to move to Uruguay.  This place is really ****ed up, and so are the people.

It is ****** up, but it's still a decent place to live.  Are there better places to live?  I don't really know because I have lived here my whole life.  I imagine many countries are just as good.  I stay for my family and my career.  

31 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I guess my thinking is that they came to America to escape those regimes. My grandparents fled Italy during the Mussolini reign and didn't have an affinity for that kind of rule in America. 

Depends on when they left... 

TBH, I'm not clear on Peru's leadership history, so it very well may be leaving because of a left-wing authoritarian government of some kind (ala Venezuela). 

People are telling Justin Amash to go back to his own country.  

Yep... the judges and taxes and abortion are a Macguffin. 

It increasingly is simply about grievances, and it's about bread and circus entertainment 

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Why just throw down one card.  Let's throw down a royal flush:

(1) Racist

(2) Sex predator

(3) Crook

(4) Ignorant

(5) sociopath

And that is no exaggeration.

Nothing Trump said in his tweets was racist. He called it exactly the way it is- the congresswomen he referenced are all completely nuts and have said hateful things about this country and in at least one case, Israel. In those tweets, Trump successfully pushed Pelosi closer to the extremists in her party by getting her to defend them. That was the entire point of the tweets. Trump isn't going to lose one vote to the lefties crying about him being a racist. But if he's successful, he'll end up running against one of the extremists and will be able to paint them as completely out of touch with the average American...because they are. 

And the master takes them to school yet again. 

7 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Nothing Trump said in his tweets was racist. He called it exactly the way it is- the congresswomen he referenced are all completely nuts and have said hateful things about this country and in at least one case, Israel. In those tweets, Trump successfully pushed Pelosi closer to the extremists in her party by getting her to defend them. That was the entire point of the tweets. Trump isn't going to lose one vote to the lefties crying about him being a racist. But if he's successful, he'll end up running against one of the extremists and will be able to paint them as completely out of touch with the average American...because they are. 

There is literally nothing in this post that dispels the notion that the President was a flaming racist in those tweets. And that's quite telling.

You know and understand exactly what he was saying and you know that you cannot defend it.

Bye, Felicia... 

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

There is literally nothing in this post that dispels the notion that the President was a flaming racist in those tweet. And that's quite telling.

You know and understand exactly what he was saying and you know that you cannot defend it.

Bye, Felicia... 

Like I said, nothing he said was untrue. The people he directed it to know what they've said publicly and what's in their hearts. They act it out every single day. Doesn't matter where they were born. It's their actions and words. I believe all this rhetoric on the dem side is reaching a fever pitch because some of them actually know what's about to hit them. Many of them don't get it, are trying to cover for what's about to come or really are just that clueless. But a select few actually get it. 

Incidentally, nothing in your response refuted the President's strategy here. 99% of the democrat party don't even know what just hit them in those tweets. It's kind of unfair when your opponent constantly bites on that sort of bait. But he's out to win, not to collect style points. 

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Like I said, nothing he said was untrue. The people he directed it to know what they've said publicly and what's in their hearts. They act it out every single day. Doesn't matter where they were born. It's their actions and words. I believe all this rhetoric on the dem side is reaching a fever pitch because some of them actually know what's about to hit them. Many of them don't get it, are trying to cover for what's about to come or really are just that clueless. But a select few actually get it. 

Again, nothing that disputes that the President's tweets were racists. It's all about the people he attacked.

You don't have to agree with the people he attacked to recognize how his statements were racist. Surely, (some) Americans are smart enough to be capable of holding two complex thoughts in their heads at once.

9 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Incidentally, nothing in your response refuted the President's strategy here. 

It's hard to refute a strategy that does not exist.

10 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

99% of the democrat party don't even know what just hit them...

"[Insert Stan foe] doesn't even know what hit them"...

Where have I heard that before? I seem to recall something about Sessions flipping the script or Flynn rescinding his guilty plea.

At some point, it's like the boy crying wolf 

28 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yep... the judges and taxes and abortion are a Macguffin. 

It increasingly is simply about grievances, and it's about bread and circus entertainment 

However, the people that pay the bills at the GOP do care about the judges - to the exclusion of almost all else. Judges who think corporations are people are worth more to the corporate bottom line than any cost of in loss of democracy. Business doesn't need democracy - China has proved that and they all know it now.

We are going back to the days of McCarthyism as a way to pwn the libs. How does this game of nine-dimensional chess work again?

What hateful things did Omar say about this country?

1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

And the master takes them to school yet again. 

It was totally racist and you know it.  Take your gaslight back to where you came from.  Nobody here wants to play your game anymore.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tiger337 said:

People are telling Justin Amash to go back to his own country.

by "people" you mean "bots", right?

16 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

At some point we have to stop acting like Trump is an unstoppable political powerhouse with the public behind him.  He isn't and doesn't.

apropos to this - Give Trump the electoral college votes of the states where his approval is above water, plus Georgia (dead even) in the Morning Consult state tracker and he totals  170. To win re-election he needs to win 100 EC votes in states where he is presently underwater.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

apropos to this - Give Trump the electoral college votes of the states where his approval is above water, plus Georgia (dead even) in the Morning Consult state tracker and he totals  170. To win re-election he needs to win 100 EC votes in states where he is presently underwater.

and he's a pile of ****, don't forget that part