chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

I don't know the context of the whole interview, the last thing I'm going to do is wittingly listen to a Trumpo interview, but that one sentence reads to me like "I didn't think she was nasty but now I do".

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

I don't know the context of the whole interview, the last thing I'm going to do is wittingly listen to a Trumpo interview, but that one sentence reads to me like "I didn't think she was nasty but now I do".

I think the context of the interview matters in this case.  I don't blame anyone here for not listening to it though.  He sounded like a moron as always.

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It's just a nothing statement.

Anyone that disagrees or doesn't like him is nasty.  Whatever.

I agree with this.  Whether he called her nasty or not has zero effect on how I feel about him.  

21 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

I guess this is why we never see Jared speak. 

Jared is classic nepotism on full display.

I can see pictures of McCain and the warship named on his behalf being used to troll Trump during the 2020 campaign.

one suggestion was to make the USS JOhn McCain hat the alternative to the MAGA hat... you can get them on amazon.  But I don't know the protocol of citizens wearing those.  Also it further politicizes the military which is the point of this fight.

8 minutes ago, Oblong said:

one suggestion was to make the USS JOhn McCain hat the alternative to the MAGA hat... you can get them on amazon.  But I don't know the protocol of citizens wearing those.  Also it further politicizes the military which is the point of this fight.

My MAGA idiot brother is really triggered by McCain.  I think that works for me. 

42 minutes ago, Oblong said:

one suggestion was to make the USS JOhn McCain hat the alternative to the MAGA hat... you can get them on amazon.  But I don't know the protocol of citizens wearing those.  

IDK, I'll ask my BIL who used to be a navy guy. I know he has given away ship's caps to people in the family,  but I don't know if he ever told them not to wear them.....

Second part probably more to the point though.

What are the chances Trump threatens not to sign this bill unless Democrats stop investigating him and/or it's reworked to include border funds?

EDIT: By which I mean, reworked to shift money from disaster relief to border boondoggles.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

What are the chances Trump threatens not to sign this bill unless Democrats stop investigating him and/or it's reworked to include border funds?

I'd be surprised if he didn't do as you suggest, especially given his hatred for Puerto Rico.

If he does that, they should agree to stop investigating him, then after he signs it, continue investigating him.

• Like 1

It seems like she would have to be 18 to join either of those (no?) and thus wouldn't be getting child support but still.... Seriously?  

This man is a complete and total fraud.

Trump getting pushback on the Mexico Tariffs from the Senate GOP. I imagine they are still going to fold if the House sends them another rejection bill.

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

OK - so I am not a twit(terer), so I am guessing at what these numbers mean - but a responder that took issue with Klippenstein's  tweet is listed as having made 435,000 tweets. Since twitter came into existence I don't think anyone has has time to make 435,000 tweets. It's been 4824 days since twitter came on-line. So that is at *least* 90 tweets per day every single day since the very first tweet. If the person sleeps 8 hrs per night that is a tweet every 10 minutes of every waking hour of their existence. Seriously?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Trump getting pushback on the Mexico Tariffs from the Senate GOP. I imagine they are still going to fold if the House sends them another rejection bill.

Possible reason he's stirring the pot tonight?

OK - so I am not a twit(terer), so I am guessing at what these numbers mean - but a responder that took issue with Klippenstein's  tweet is listed as having made 435,000 tweets. Since twitter came into existence I don't think anyone has has time to make 435,000 tweets. It's been 4824 days since twitter came on-line. So that is at *least* 90 tweets per day every single day since the very first tweet. If the person sleeps 8 hrs per night that is a tweet every 10 minutes of every waking hour of their existence. Seriously?

Was it Sportz?  

There are many people with that many tweets.   Some folks live on twitter.   There's are also a plethora of ways to auto-post.  the tweet count also includes retweets which are super easy to do.

The "person" with the most tweets ever seems to just be a bot that posts random number sequences repeatedly.  Here's a profile with 50m tweets LOL

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40akiko_lawson&src=typd

People from news orgs will often set up for say their story to automatically tweet several times.   Since this 3rd Krassenstein brother (inside twitter joke) reports for TYT I would imagine he has a lot of that going on.  He also is legit very active on twitter, he's part of a  liberal reporter clique that seems to live on twitter.

People have gotten better about the auto-posting, but in its infancy there was a lot of "insensitive" posting going on, like a major mass shooting just happened and all these auto posts are still going onto twitter all oblivious to the major event that just happened.

Good. About time the Senate GOP do the right thing for once.