chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

12 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

An inherent and substantial weakness of the Trumpian takeover of the GOP is they can't say out loud what the issues with the party are without risking being tweeted about by Trump or attacked by the base.  This report reinforces that belief, as it dances around issues and concludes that GOP will be fine if it stays on course while making cursory efforts to attract women and minorities.

10 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

An inherent and substantial weakness of the Trumpian takeover of the GOP is they can't say out loud what the issues with the party are without risking being tweeted about by Trump or attacked by the base.  This report reinforces that belief, as it dances around issues and concludes that GOP will be fine if it stays on course while making cursory efforts to attract women and minorities.

George Smiley said it about Karla in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy when discussing how Karla wasn't invulnerable:

"He's a fanatic. And the fanatic is always concealing a secret doubt."

Eventually the dam will break when they have to admit the flaws in their demi-God

11 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Eventually the dam will break when they have to admit the flaws in their demi-God

It will start to break after 2020 win or lose.  If Trump wins re-election the nation will be particularly tired of him toward the end of of his second term -- especially if a recession is in place.

2024 will be the year Rafael Cruz gets the GOP nomination.  He pushes buttons like Trump but is a much more capable legislative individual.  

39 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

It will start to break after 2020 win or lose.  If Trump wins re-election the nation will be particularly tired of him toward the end of of his second term -- especially if a recession is in place.

2024 will be the year Rafael Cruz gets the GOP nomination.  He pushes buttons like Trump but is a much more capable legislative individual.  

This is why I don't understand Republicans are not behind impeachment. Pence is more capable legislatively. They could have had all their religious freedom bills passed and Obamacare repealed. Sure some of the senators could face the wrath in a primary, but there should be enough Republicans not up for election until 2022 or later where this could blow over once Pence makes it illegal to not be a Christian.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Ted Cruz would be hated more than Trump.

Precisely why GOP as it consists today would embrace Cruz.

Ted Cruz would shatter any metric or any tool used to measure likeability. 

Ted Cruz will never win a national election.... book it.

40 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I wonder if Japan ever brings up the Japanese concentration camps when their leader visits the US? 

That would be like Angela Merkel getting chesty about Dresden.  

Trump would clearly be able to go chapter and verse about the treatment of European internees by the Japanese in South East Asia.  He might mention the biological warfare horrors of Japan's Unit 731 or the treatment of their Korean comfort girls.   He would be able to do that because he is a World Historical Genius!

On 5/25/2019 at 8:41 PM, CMRivdog said:

Everytime LittleFinger tweets Carly Simon’s “You’re So Vain” plays in the background.

I hope she’s collecting royalties 

Is Trump LittleFinger? I've always thought of him as being more Joffrey Baratheon.

My theory is that he doesnt generate as much attention by tweeting anymore and is trying too hard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

Is Trump LittleFinger? I've always thought of him as being more Joffrey Baratheon.

I believe that is more of a reference to his tiny hands.

Tiny Hands have Little Fingers.

7 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I believe that is more of a reference to his tiny hands.

Tiny Hands have Little Fingers.

Got it. I was thinking of it in terms of personalities on the show.

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Got it. I was thinking of it in terms of personalities on the show.

I knew that... and figured you'd forgotten all the "small hands" jokes about him... I think that started on SNL IIRC...?

PS: I agree he's much more Jeoffrey and doesn't have an ounce of Little Fingers cunning or talent... he does have the lying down pat though...

12 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I knew that... and figured you'd forgotten all the "small hands" jokes about him... I think that started on SNL IIRC...?

PS: I agree he's much more Jeoffrey and doesn't have an ounce of Little Fingers cunning or talent... he does have the lying down pat though...

You're right, I had forgotten about small hands jokes, basically because I never cared about them in the first place. Speaking only for myself: so Trump's got small hands. So what? I get why people like to joke about that and his hair and his spray tan and his lardass, but that's not my thing.