chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

8 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You NEED TO GO TO THE MIKE PENCE WEBSITE NOW. IT WAS HACKED. IT'S HILARIOUS!

http://www.officialmikepence.com/mikes-story/

Exposing Disney’s Mulan soon emboldened Pence, then a heterosexual father- of-three with a hit public radio show under his belt, to run for congressional office in Indiana. With chants of “Pence for Congress,” “Boycott Mulan,” and “I Still Don’t Quite Understand Why We Are Boycotting Mulan,” Pence was elected to the US House of Representatives in 2000.

?

14 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Awesome find Tater. You win the best post of the day award. 

I went to the shop section and was rolling on the floor. 42 pack of tighty whities.

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

There’s no misunderstanding.   

Yeah, there isn't a misunderstanding.

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

There’s no misunderstanding.   

Yes there is. It's apparent NDAs are not well understood here. 

Again, I'm not defending anyone in particular. I'm just stating a fact. She violated the agreement. She hasn't come out and alleged illegal activities or crimes that could be covered in a whistleblower situation. She's simply come out disparaging the president. Which violates the agreement. 

2 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

So would someone be a bigot if they used the N word? 

It's a hypothetical, but context matters. I've heard black people use that word in casual conversation. People say stupid things at points in time that shouldn't necessarily define them. Trump was also an actor effectively playing a role during the apprentice.

Since we're into hypotheticals now, how about this:

What if Trump came out tomorrow and proposed something really horrible- let's say he said the government should kill 2/3rds of all African Americans. Would that make him a racist? It's an honest question, because I'm going somewhere with it. 

2 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Exposing Disney’s Mulan soon emboldened Pence, then a heterosexual father- of-three with a hit public radio show under his belt, to run for congressional office in Indiana. With chants of “Pence for Congress,” “Boycott Mulan,” and “I Still Don’t Quite Understand Why We Are Boycotting Mulan,” Pence was elected to the US House of Representatives in 2000.

?

that's amazing 

1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

Yes there is. It's apparent NDAs are not well understood here. 

And its apparent that government service isn't well understood by you.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

And its apparent that government service isn't well understood by you.

Nobody is stopping her from pursuing protections under the whistleblower laws if she witnessed a crime. That covers her government service, and if she feels strongly about something, she could have pursued protections in the right way. The right way, should she feel the need to blow the whistle on something, is not to go on TV after writing a salacious book. The right way is to report the alleged crime privately through the appropriate government channels and obtain protection.  Now, the fact that she knows of no crime, and the fact that she went on a book tour openly and clearly violating a privately signed NDA -one that she was expected to live up to in good faith- means she's subject to penalty. All she's done is make personally disparaging comments. If her defense in violating it is "I'm a government employee", good luck. Nothing she's saying requires protection under whistleblower laws. It doesn't matter if she's black or white. She's just stupid.

There's no trick to these things. You either abide by them or you don't. She didn't. 

52 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Nobody is stopping her from pursuing protections under the whistleblower laws if she witnessed a crime. That covers her government service, and if she feels strongly about something, she could have pursued protections in the right way. The right way, should she feel the need to blow the whistle on something, is not to go on TV after writing a salacious book. The right way is to report the alleged crime privately through the appropriate government channels and obtain protection.  Now, the fact that she knows of no crime, and the fact that she went on a book tour openly and clearly violating a privately signed NDA -one that she was expected to live up to in good faith- means she's subject to penalty. All she's done is make personally disparaging comments. If her defense in violating it is "I'm a government employee", good luck. Nothing she's saying requires protection under whistleblower laws. It doesn't matter if she's black or white. She's just stupid.

There's no trick to these things. You either abide by them or you don't. She didn't. 

I can only conclude at this point that you are intentionally avoiding the point of this discussion.

Have a good night.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I can only conclude at this point that you are intentionally avoiding the point of this discussion.

Have a good night.

What crime is she saying she witnessed while in the white house? If she did witness something, she deserves legal protection that the whistleblower program offers. Yet she didn't do that.  All she can offer is that she says that the president used a racial slur, yet has no evidence of that other than hearsay. And her means of disclosure is in a ridiculous book that most sane people are saying is nonsense. When you come out the day after you are fired and say "no, he's not a racist, absolutely not", then six months later write a book about the supposed use of the N word, you have no credibility. 

The point is she was a bad hire and in retrospect never should have been near the white house. I can be critical of Trump in this regard, but I also think he was trying to give someone an opportunity in a fairly unimportant white house job. She failed, she got fired, and now she will probably bankrupt herself. Life's a ***** when you're stupid. 

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2018 at 2:32 PM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I wasn't trying to mis-characterize your position if you feel I did.

No, you got it.  I appreciate you and that. 

12 hours ago, stanpapi said:

It's a hypothetical, but context matters. I've heard black people use that word in casual conversation. People say stupid things at points in time that shouldn't necessarily define them. Trump was also an actor effectively playing a role during the apprentice.

Since we're into hypotheticals now, how about this:

What if Trump came out tomorrow and proposed something really horrible- let's say he said the government should kill 2/3rds of all African Americans. Would that make him a racist? It's an honest question, because I'm going somewhere with it. 

Ah okay. So now we know what your defense will be if/when this tape comes out. Glad we elected an actor to be President.

And yes, that would be racist. Go ahead and make the abortion argument. 

NDA's are for specific concepts or events. 

"Here's a movie we want you to work on but sign this NDA so that you won't talk about the movie or anything about it"

It's not "Here's an NDA and never speak bad about the director ever again in any way shape or form for the rest of your life"

I signed an NDA once because a company was taking over a portion of our business and in order to be told in advance I had to sign it.  I didn't even know what it was about before I signed it.  

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

NDA's are for specific concepts or events. 

"Here's a movie we want you to work on but sign this NDA so that you won't talk about the movie or anything about it"

It's not "Here's an NDA and never speak bad about the director ever again in any way shape or form for the rest of your life"

I signed an NDA once because a company was taking over a portion of our business and in order to be told in advance I had to sign it.  I didn't even know what it was about before I signed it.  

I mean, we would have to see the language in the NDA to known for sure how broad it is. But setting that aside, even if the NDA were in the broadest possible terms, the enforcement of an NDA agreed to between DJT and a campaign staffer once that campaign staffer goes to work in the government sets up an inherent conflict between enforcing the NDA during the period of the staffer's period in government and the compelling need for government employees to be afforded their 1A rights.

As I understand it. I'm not a lawyer, but the experts I've read on the subject seem to think that litigation could happen and the enforcement of an NDA during government service that was agreed to prior to government service would likely be found to be unenforceable. 

14 hours ago, stanpapi said:

People say stupid things at points in time that shouldn't necessarily define them. 

By points in time, do you mean every day?

I was taught (years ago) in a business law course that NDAs are generally viewed with a skeptical eye by the court and that not insignificant financial damage (generally) must be demonstrated to award damages even if it is determined the NDA was violated.  FWIW.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I was taught (years ago) in a business law course that NDAs are generally viewed with a skeptical eye by the court and that not insignificant financial damage (generally) must be demonstrated to award damages even if it is determined the NDA was violated.  FWIW.

yup. In summary, two points:

1) no private contract between two parties is valid in the US if it violates statute law, and there is much legal opinion that an NDA against a gov employee other than for security reason would be a violation of existing black letter law.

2) The remedy for a violated NDA would be sought as money damages - thus there must be an equity interest. It would be a patent admission of malfeasance in office for the president to go to court claiming he had a monetary interest in information about the government. It's absurd.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/08/death-spiral-why-omarosa-totally-triggered-trump

Ha... he wanted Sessions to arrest her.  I believe that because he's an idiot and thinks she broke a law.  

I would pay $1000 to be in a room with him where I could tell him off.   Maybe I will do a gofundme to get to go to a fundraiser and pull of it.... I'll be like O Keefe.