chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

anyone think the next dude will do stuff to protect the environment?

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

anyone think the next dude will do stuff to protect the environment?

Of course not.  

apparently Andrew Wheeler is a former coal lobbyist.   I'm totally shocked.

We know whoever is picked will not have any ethics or morals.   Trump does not find those qualities useful.  

Pruitt was corrupt but he was also incompetent so he couldn't do much at the EPA. Wheeler is smart and more in the mold of Mick Mulvaney. So, this is probably worse. He doesn't really need to outsource work to lobbyist like Pruitt had to do because Pruitt didn't know anything. Wheeler is the lobbyist with decades of experience.

2 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

AA28D72B-3AC8-40D2-9337-CEBDAC9024BF.jpeg

Who will be next?

my bet is on John Kelly

30 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Let's take a moment to recognize the unprecedented corruption that Scott Pruitt was able get away with before resigning.

He'll likely go down as the Matt Millen of cabinet officials... worst of all time guaranteed because due to sheer longevity 

One thing Trump did not want to have to do is let Pruitt go, because news stories about the ridiculously over-the-top nonsense Pruitt perpetrated helped take some of the heat off the truly awful way the Trump administration is using the EPA to harm the American people. Plus, you gotta believe that Trump truly admired Pruitt's hubris.

Wilbur Ross doesn't have long left. Plus, Secretary of Commerce is maybe the easiest position for Republicans to fill. 

18 minutes ago, Scottwood said:

Wilbur Ross doesn't have long left. Plus, Secretary of Commerce is maybe the easiest position for Republicans to fill. 

It blows my mind how much turnover has happened in this administration....

19 minutes ago, Scottwood said:

yeah he's been super corrupt as well, but not getting the headlines b/c of Pruitt

Why was he allowed to “resign”. 

Mr. Dealmaker should have fired him more than a year ago.

What a joke this Administration is.

40 minutes ago, Scottwood said:

Funny story about Wilbur, he accidentally on purpose forgot to sell the stock he was supposed to sell, and when he did sell it, it had gained more than $1M more. Libtards don't understand. #winning

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He does seem like an ***hole behind the wheel.  I'll cop to that.

Not sure if that merits deportation, but my opinion my change on my drive home.

If that were the case every male between the ages of 18 and 70 in Commerce Twp should at least be in prison. Especially the ******* pick up truck drivers

1 hour ago, pfife said:

apparently Andrew Wheeler is a former coal lobbyist.   I'm totally shocked.

I thought Trump was going to drain the swamp of lobbyists. Another broken promise

4 hours ago, Oblong said:

Some 40ish year old doctor, with a wife and kids,  from Poland on the west side of Michigan got deported because of an incident that came up when he was 17.  An old girlfriend "reported him".  He was hauled away from his family, detained, then put on a plane.  "Nope... says right here on the paperwork you are bad... gotta go"

That's the kind of **** this administration will do.  Has nothing to do with genocide in Rwanda or Sudan.  We must make America Pure. We know what that means.

This guy?  Evidently not deported.  There were other charges against him as well, by the way, one of which was for child abuse but which was later dropped AFTER the intitial deportation proceedings. He isn’t even scheduled  to appear in immigration court until Nov 2019. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ice-detain-michigan-doctor-40-years-u-s/

Edit:  Sounds like this was a bitter ex and custody dispute.  https://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2018/04/child_abuse_allegations_agains.html

31 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

I thought Trump was going to drain the swamp of lobbyists. Another broken promise

Man. I will give y’all that. He has picked some real winners for his administration.   Can’t say I’m sad to see Pruitt resign.  I might have agreed or disagreed with individual policies but he seemed to think he was given a royal title and entitlements rather that appointed to serve the US.  We don’t need that type.

Those parents should have thought about this before they committed a misdemeanor

DEPORT TRUMP

The dude doing this **** had bone spurs and called avoiding STDs his Vietnam.

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

The dude doing this **** had bone spurs and called avoiding STDs his Vietnam.

Unfortunate.  But I am an advocate of DACA.  Congress needs to get off its butt and work this out.  As long as it relies on the whim of whatever President is elected, their status will be unstable.   

1 minute ago, Melody said:

Unfortunate.  But I am an advocate of DACA.  Congress needs to get off its butt and work this out.  As long as it relies on the whim of whatever President is elected, their status will be unstable.   

People willing to put themselves in harms way to defend the society they want to join, to earn their way into the country, are already in the program, and these idiots say "no thank-you". Too stupid to even contemplate. A level of faithlessness that dishonors America.