chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You said the will of the people could not be accepted. The will of almost 3 million more people was that Clinton should be the President. Will of the people doesn't mean will of the people in artificially drawn geographic areas. For the record, the EC needs to GO.

The left has no problem with the electoral college as long as they win. Whenever they don't, they raise holy **** about how unfair it is and talk about repealing it. We heard none of this during Clinton's two terms and Obama's two terms. Apparently they have a problem with the constitution only when it doesn't work in their favor. That's cute, but after a month and a half of whining, enough is enough. The butthurt needs to cease. 

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Since 1619 there had been slaves in America.  After 230 years of that, some people thought that was destined to last forever, too.

Slavery vs. the electoral college...yes, those are comparable. :/

23 minutes ago, chasfh said:

By all rights (so to speak), you'd think the National Review would totally be on Trump's dick, especially since he's building the most firmly pro-establishment government in a long, long time.  I especially love that last paragraph.

Trump Is Already Ditching His Movement......

It’s as if the people stormed the Bastille and set up the guillotines, only to find their leader feasting with King Louis. It turns out he was a member of the ancien régime all along.

Meet the boss, same as the old boss.

51 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You said the will of the people could not be accepted. The will of almost 3 million more people was that Clinton should be the President. Will of the people doesn't mean will of the people in artificially drawn geographic areas. For the record, the EC needs to GO.

I don't consider state lines to be artificial.  Federal authority over the states largely is, however. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ballmich said:

I don't consider state lines to be artificial.  Federal authority over the states largely is, however. 

LOL- Only if you manage to ignore US history since 1863. I don't think all the dead in that little conflagration thought the expression of Federal authority was artificial. You are in in the heart of the mythos my friend. But keep reporting from there, we like to keep up. 

The problem the left has with the electoral college really is geographic. They are just too dumb to spread out. If you must live in 800 squart foot, rent controlled apartments packed in with 10M like minded individuals, you might not win the electoral college all the time. That's the breaks.  But that's also one of the reasons the EC makes sense. The country should not be governed solely from its largest city centers. 

41 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The left has no problem with the electoral college as long as they win. Whenever they don't, they raise holy **** about how unfair it is and talk about repealing it. We heard none of this during Clinton's two terms and Obama's two terms. Apparently they have a problem with the constitution only when it doesn't work in their favor. That's cute, but after a month and a half of whining, enough is enough. The butthurt needs to cease. 

Bill Clinton and Obama both won the popular vote so why would anything need to be said? Democrats have twice lost an election despite winning the popular vote. It hasn't happened to a Republican in modern times. When has the electoral college worked in the favor of Democrats like it has for Republicans?

50 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The right never complained about voter fraud as long as they were winning. Whenever they didn't, they raised holy **** about how unfair it was and talk about repealing it. We heard none of this during Bush II's two terms and Reagan's two terms. Apparently they have a problem with the constitution only when it doesn't work in their favor. 

Man, that was easy.

47 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Slavery vs. the electoral college...yes, those are comparable. :/

Yes, only in that they both lasted at least 230 years and a high percentage of people wanted to get rid of them.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The right never complained about voter fraud as long as they were winning. Whenever they didn't, they raised holy **** about how unfair it was and talk about repealing it. We heard none of this during Bush II's two terms and Reagan's two terms. Apparently they have a problem with the constitution only when it doesn't work in their favor. 

Man, that was easy.

As for voter fraud, I complained about it as recently as a week or so ago when democrats, via the green party, made the mistake of asking for a silly recount in Michigan, only to uncover allegations of voter fraud in Detroit that worked in their favor. They didn't appear to happy that they tripped all over themselves on that one. Note that I mentioned this well after an election that a republican won. Having said this, I suspect we will see that swept under the rug, since as in most elections, it comes in handy for the dems. 

I don't know what else to say on this. The left has had 8 years in the white house and now they are whining because they can't win with the rules that have existed for generations. I do find it amusing that all these people that simply couldn't fathom a "path" for trump to win the EC in October got themselves a big surprise. They seemed perfectly fine with that EC "advantage" a couple of months ago.

The fact of the matter is that the EC is in the constitution. It's the rules we play by. If you have a problem with that document, than maybe you should just make it easy on yourself and move. 

34 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The problem the left has with the electoral college really is geographic. They are just too dumb to spread out. If you must live in 800 squart foot, rent controlled apartments packed in with 10M like minded individuals, you might not win the electoral college all the time. That's the breaks.  But that's also one of the reasons the EC makes sense. The country should not be governed solely from its largest city centers. 

They should move away from big cities into small mid-western and southern towns.  That is where all the jobs are. They are so dumb.   

I'm moving to a place that is run by organized crime with a mediocre economy and a leader who just resigned. That is of course I cannot find a Canadian woman first. That is how much I dislike Trump. 

6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

They should move away from big cities into small mid-western and southern towns.  That is where all the jobs are. They are so dumb.   

You guys just can't take a little humor....

11 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I can't believe anyone engages papi.

So far today I've defended a woman's right to not be degraded in front of her children and the US constitution. I'm ok with that. 

4 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You guys just can't take a little humor....

Only funny humor.  

6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Only funny humor.  

right....like your "alot of people found her attractive at the time" comment....I almost let that one go, but I just couldn't. :/

8 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

right....like your "alot of people found her attractive at the time" comment....I almost let that one go, but I just couldn't. :/

I never cared for her, but I heard many people say she was very attractive.  You did too which is probably part of the reason you hate her so much.  

7 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I never cared for her, but I heard many people say she was very attractive.  You did too which is probably part of the reason you hate her so much.  

I dislike her because she's a crook and a liar. There have been alot of ugly world leaders. Her appearance is about 590th on the list of reasons I didn't vote for her. 

Having said this, I never said she was attractive, nor have I ever heard anyone else say it. In her husbands words "not a single time, never". 

7 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I dislike her because she's a crook and a liar. There have been alot of ugly world leaders. Her appearance is about 590th on the list of reasons I didn't vote for her. 

Having said this, I never said she was attractive, nor have I ever heard anyone else say it. In her husbands words "not a single time, never". 

Oh yeah, that's right,  You hang around with guys that like to watch Obama's ***** video.  

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

LOL- Only if you manage to ignore US history since 1863. I don't think all the dead in that little conflagration thought the expression of Federal authority was artificial. You are in in the heart of the mythos my friend. But keep reporting from there, we like to keep up. 

The War of Northern Agression and killing of men women and children, doesn't change the fact that the Federal government has only the authority outlined in the constitution, and all else is left to the states.  Which makes state lines anything but artificial. 

But speaking of the war, attitudes change. The Federal government's ability to raise an army to fight the southern states in the 1860's couldn't be emulated in today's world against any state(s) that wished to secede.  The citizens have no will for that and there is no real reason to force a marriage of disharmony.  It's no longer the hammer it once was, that can be used to keep the peasants in line.  

25 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Is it just me or does a young Bill Clinton look like Matthew Stafford?

bill_hillary_rect.jpg

What a sweet couple. I bet they ended up really happy. 

31 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Oh yeah, that's right,  You hang around with guys that like to watch Obama's ***** video.  

The only pertinent video of him for me is the one where he boards the helicopter on January 20th.