chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

We're ******. Welcome to the Cold War 2.0 . . .

So, in other words, in perpetuity....

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

So, in other words, in perpetuity....

I'm ok going back to the 80s. Lots of money to be made. Maybe someone will actually make a decent movie again too....

Just now, stanpapi said:

I'm ok going back to the 80s. Lots of money to be made. Maybe someone will actually make a decent movie again too....

Trump isn't Reagan. Say what you want about Reagan, but he wasn't mentally unstable and erratic like this guy is. Would you have wanted Donald Trump negotiating with Gorbachev?

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Racist Tirade at Jefferson Mall Goes Viral

"Yet another example in a long list of...."

I'm not sure that a dotty looking old trailer trash woman acting per the stereotype in JC Penny is quite the same news interest as a lawyer/political activist and his college professor husband, though I suppose it could be said that these were reinforcing some stereotypes as well.

In any event, JetBlue showed yet again its commitment to customer service.  Guy was offended to be on a flight with the Trump daughter, so they arranged a different flight for his family.  There you go.  

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Trump isn't Reagan. Say what you want about Reagan, but he wasn't mentally unstable and erratic like this guy is. Would you have wanted Donald Trump negotiating with Gorbachev?

I'm guessing Stanpapi has no problem with Trump negotiating anything since he likely thinks that Trump is the best, most luxurious and fabulous negotiator the world has ever seen.

His comment was a bit of a non-sequitur, though... does the return to the nuclear arms race really ensure the economic well being of the United States? Or (rhetorical) is this another case of correlation =/= causation?

10 minutes ago, Melody said:

I'm not sure that a dotty looking old trailer trash woman acting per the stereotype in JC Penny is quite the same news interest as a lawyer/political activist and his college professor husband, though I suppose it could be said that these were reinforcing some stereotypes as well.

In any event, JetBlue showed yet again its commitment to customer service.  Guy was offended to be on a flight with the Trump daughter, so they arranged a different flight for his family.  There you go.  

It really isn't. It's more to demonstrate the ease to which one can exchange a link plus 2-3 words and create a Stanpapi-esque post (ie. Post link, post snarky commentary that lumps in everyone he disagrees with with the worst elements of liberalism, etc)

16 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Maybe the Tigers will win a championship too.  

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It really isn't. It's more to demonstrate the ease to which one can exchange a link plus 2-3 words and create a Stanpapi-esque post (ie. Post link, post snarky commentary that lumps in everyone he disagrees with with the worst elements of liberalism, etc)

Does anybody really pay attention to stan tho? ****, i have him ignored from trolling the tigers threads.

1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

Ivanka is about as put together as they come. Anyone would want a daughter to turn out like that- aside from obviously being beautiful, she is wharton educated, articulate and a good representative of their company. She's a pretty cool customer so it's not a surprise that she didn't engage this guy. 

That's the same kind of stuff that used to be said about Hillary Clinton 25 years ago.  

4 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Does anybody really pay attention to stan tho? ****, i have him ignored from trolling the tigers threads.

3 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

That's the same kind of stuff that used to be said about Hillary Clinton 25 years ago.  

1 minute ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

In the political forum, there aren't a lot of people I pay that much attention to.  It's entertaining.  

Just now, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Sorry, i mean take him seriously. lee has a far higher tolerance for assholes than i do.

I don't take him all that seriously, but I do like pointing out his shtick when given the opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Sorry, i mean take him seriously. lee has a far higher tolerance for assholes than i do.

I don't know how tolerant I am.  I choose my battles carefully.

15 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Maybe the Tigers will win a championship too.  

Welcome back, Trammell to Whitaker to Evans!

First of all, these were two gay men who berated Ivanka Trump. Their community has been screaming for years about intolerance, yet some of the most intolerant among us come from their community (and the left in general). I find it ironic that these guys would be hiring the ACLU the second they stepped off that plane if someone called them fairies on an aircraft, but it is ok for them to berate the daughter of a president. And let's be clear, if this had happened to one of Obama's daughters, it would have been on every national news cast under the sun. We would have heard charges of racism and the outrage would have been palpable. Where are all the women's groups coming out to express outrage over this, by the way?

The arms race was a big deal in the 80s, which is why I made the comment. To be clear, I'm not a fan of countries ramping up nuclear weapons. But the fact remains that Russia and China are modernizing their capabilities. We will have no choice but to do it. If we are going to have a nuclear arms race, we might as well get all the good parts of the 80s too. Like lower taxes, great economic times, a raging stock market and some decent action movies, I'm all for it. 

Whether or not this is actually true, isn't it totally believable?

Donald Trump Is Hiring People for His Administration Based Partly on Their Looks

98175644-miss-universe-stefania-fernande

Here’s a shocker: Donald Trump, owner of a beauty pageant and czar of schlocky reality TV, is apparently selecting people for top government positions, in part, based on their looks. And you thought nepotism was going to be the only potential violation of labor law in the Trump White House. Trump has, of course, remarked in the past how he liked the cut of Mitt Romney’s jib as America’s top diplomat and that one of the reasons he picked Mike Pence as his running mate is that “he looks very good.” Trump’s developing a bit of a reputation as a silver-fox guy. For new data points on Trump’s easy-on-the-eye criteria for public service, the Washington Post, on Wednesday, embarked on a waist-deep tour into the Trump psyche.

“Presentation is very important because you’re representing America not only on the national stage, but also the international stage depending on the position,” Trump transition spokesman Jason Miller explained to the Post, as if we were all studying abroad here in America. Presentation? Yeah, you know, the look. Like, does this guy have that Secretary of Agriculture look? That HUD je ne sais quoi? It’s not even much of a secret code really. Presumably anyone who’s under consideration for a Cabinet position owns a suit or pantsuit and gets their haircut with socially appropriate frequency, but it’s apparently not enough.

31 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm guessing Stanpapi has no problem with Trump negotiating anything since he likely thinks that Trump is the best, most luxurious and fabulous negotiator the world has ever seen.

His comment was a bit of a non-sequitur, though... does the return to the nuclear arms race really ensure the economic well being of the United States? Or (rhetorical) is this another case of correlation =/= causation?

These nukes are going to be so great folks. SO. GREAT. The BIGGEST and BEST nukes you have ever seen and witnessed. I tell you folks, I have seen them myself and they are big league. In-fact, I was talking to one of the nuclear scientists and he said to me, you know what he said. What'd he say Mr. Trump? You know what he said, he said Don, with your leadership and the money and the support and the, well the everything, we are going to have the biggest and greatest and most secure stockpile anywhere. So secure folks. Innnnnn-penetrable folks. So then he says to me Don, thank you. Thank you for being our President. He told me all the scientists, very scienteific people I might add, he told me they were all so grateful. They were radiating gratefulness because of me, because of us!

Those doofuses contacted the ALCU?  Lol. Based on what rights that were violated?   Harassment (their word) targeting another passenger on an aircraft isn't a civil right.   Neither is a mall banning a jerk old lady mouthing off to other customers in line.  

7 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

If presentation is important, how does one explain Bannon?

Making fun of a 10 year old kid is pretty low. and his name is barron. 

1 minute ago, Melody said:

Those doofuses contacted the ALCU?  Lol. Based on what rights that were violated?   Harassment (their word) targeting another passenger on an aircraft isn't a civil right.   Neither is a mall banning a jerk old lady mouthing off to other customers in line.  

No, they didn't. I just speculated that had the shoe been on the other foot and they were the ones being berated, they would have called in a heartbeat. Yet it's perfectly ok for them to do it because they are liberal and tolerance only matters to them when they are the ones looking for the tolerance.