chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

11 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Math is hard.

Trump rescinded his initial approval of expulsions of Russian diplomats because he didn't understand US action was on a par with EU was a whole and not each individual Euro country. 

Trump backtracks sanctions announced by his own UN ambassador. I ask again; posit that a US President was compromised by the Russians, in what way would he act any differently than Trump has? 

The question is, is there some other explanation for it?  Are any of those explanations less bad than that one?

I thought Trumpers said having the government dictate the success of an industry was bad?

Trump considers Truman-era defense law to save coal and nuclear plants

President Trump is considering utilizing the Defense Production Act, a Truman-era national security law, in an effort to keep coal and nuclear power plants operating, Bloomberg reports.

Why it matters: Axios' Amy Harder says this move shows the extreme lengths the Trump administration is going to try to make good on the president's campaign promise to save coal and nuclear. It's also a sign that the government just doesn't have many reasonable policy levers at its disposal to stem the economic tide going against struggling coal and nuclear plants, hence the need to reference a 1950 law.

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

If they’re not careful we might end up back in the 40s.

There's no question we've regressed as a functional society over the past 10 years.  I'd say we are back in the 60s in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

There's no question we've regressed as a functional society over the past 10 years.  I'd say we are back in the 60s in that regard.

The 40s was also one of the decades that had a world war.

Just now, chasfh said:

The 40s was also one of the decades that had a world war.

Look at the bright side -- we wouldn't be alive to see the end of a next world war, as it would end in humanity destroying civilization with nuclear weapons.

7 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Look at the bright side -- we wouldn't be alive to see the end of a next world war, as it would end in humanity destroying civilization with nuclear weapons.

I’m with you on that, although it’s bright only if you go fast, before you even know it.

53 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’m with you on that, although it’s bright only if you go fast, before you even know it.

I think the use of nuclear weapons would happen pretty quickly in modern world war.  As long as you're in a blast zone, you'll have a quick end.  If you are a victim of nuclear fallout, then I'd probably want someone to blow my brains out and get it over with.

8 hours ago, chasfh said:

I heard of a GREAT INVESTMENT Trump is touting... GET IN NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

"Conestoga Cross Country Covered Wooden Wheel Wagons".

Where the SMART PEOPLE like Dotard Drumpf put their money!!! (Please send $1,995 to the Trump Re-Election For Life Campaign, 2020, for more insightful investments such as these...)

4 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I'll bet his IQ is almost as high as Trump's 79...

He simply sees the writing on the wall based on what appears to be setting up over the next several weeks. 

Trump won't be on the ballot in November, 2020.  And it won't be for the reason you think it is. 

16 hours ago, chasfh said:

We are definitely in the 1930s...save for the Great Depression.  

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

We are definitely in the 1930s...save for the Great Depression.  

Don't be hasty. Give Trump's trade war a chance.

• Like 1

Wondering who is playing who here....
https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-am-11f4f94f-1211-461b-a223-ccefdb9b5754.html?chunk=0#story0

Kim Jong-un may have learned the art of dealing with President Trump: Give him a win — or at least what he thinks is a win, or can spin as a win.

What happened, via BBC: North Korea said it "will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles ... Kim said further tests were unnecessary because Pyongyang's nuclear capabilities had been 'verified.'"

Why it matters ... "The surprise announcement comes as North Korea prepares for historic talks with South Korea and the U.S.": Kim is due to meet his South Korean counterpart next week, and President Trump by June.
Trump tweets: "This is very good news for North Korea and the World - big progress! Look forward to our Summit. ... Progress being made for all!"

Be smart, from a former National Security Council official under President George W. Bush: "Not a big deal to pause testing nuclear or missiles when summit is coming ... Totally reversible. Eye wash."

I see Trump’s still holding “Make American Great Again” rallies, suggesting that America is not great under his presidency, of which I complete agree. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

POTUS has been huffing Ovaltine again

Huffing various substances is what Real Americans do. 

Somebody is going to get yelled out.....

Melania also invited former Head maitre’d George Hainey and usher Buddy Carter to accompany her on the trip to Texas. They were close to the Bush’s.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1