chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

We have the Clampetts’ in the White House.

Plastic Spoons.....

51 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

It's not just me who considers him the worst potus of all time. 

I don't suspect there will really be any dispute once the full story is written. 

I'd recommend reading about Millard Fillmore.

Just now, mtutiger said:

My statement still stands...

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

Did he try to take away your guns?

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

My statement still stands...

Of course it does.

The dems have no leverage in this. They can continue to insist on making their "my way or the highway" stance on immigration a condition of opening the government.  But Trump can just tell them to go pound it and wait for DACA to expire, then start deportations. They have zero leverage. The longer it goes on, the louder the campaign ads will be.   

19 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

We have the Clampetts’ in the White House.

Plastic Spoons.....

Talk about elites...

25 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The dems have no leverage in this. They can continue to insist on making their "my way or the highway" stance on immigration a condition of opening the government.  But Trump can just tell them to go pound it and wait for DACA to expire, then start deportations. They have zero leverage. The longer it goes on, the louder the campaign ads will be.   

So, they have no leverage, but it's still their fault?  

16 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

So, they have no leverage, but it's still their fault?  

They think they have leverage. But they are too dumb to realize that Trump is willing to keep the government shut down for 6 weeks if necessary to allow DACA to expire. 

https://apple.news/AntKeC3ziSSOWze0KkQpWiA

Cotton Says No One ‘Expressed Offense’ at Trump’s Africa Comment

No one “expressed offense” during a recent Oval Office meeting on immigration where President Donald Trump allegedly used the term “****hole countries” to describe Africa, said Senator Tom Cotton, a shift from comments he made last week.

“I was not offended,” Cotton, an Arkansas Republican, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “Nobody in the meeting expressed their offense.”
Last week, Cotton said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that he didn’t hear Trump use the obscenity. On Sunday, he said on NBC that he “never denied there wasn’t strong language used” at the Jan. 11 meeting on immigration priorities “by lots of people.”

On CBS last week, Cotton said he “didn’t hear” the comments ascribed to Trump by Durbin[/quote]

So which is it? He never said it? Or no one was offended by it?

Lol.  Such a liar.  In a den of liars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

This analysis assumes that TRUMP will avoid any blame for the shutdown.

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This analysis assumes that TRUMP will avoid any blame for the shutdown.

He will avoid blame among his cult.  

31 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

They think they have leverage. But they are too dumb to realize that Trump is willing to keep the government shut down for 6 weeks if necessary to allow DACA to expire. 

He won't.  

There is zero chance that TRUMP will deliberately keep the government shut down for six weeks. 

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

There is zero chance that TRUMP will deliberately keep the government shut down for six weeks. 

only because it will make him look bad.  

37 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Not if they agree to compromise. If they don't? Well, we've got hundreds of thousands of "non-essential workers". Let them be non-essential for a few more weeks....

17 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Not if they agree to compromise. If they don't? Well, we've got hundreds of thousands of "non-essential workers". Let them be non-essential for a few more weeks....

And you'll be the first one bitching when your tax refund is late.  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

And you'll be the first one bitching when your tax refund is late.  

Nope. I plan appropriately. I don't allow the government to use my money all year unnecessarily. 

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Nope. I plan appropriately. I don't allow the government to use my money all year unnecessarily. 

ha ha, I have not gotten a refund for about 20 years.  Well, occasionally I'll get a refund either federal or state, but the loss on the other has always been higher than the refund.  

2 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Not if they agree to compromise. 

We're waiting on Mr. Dealmaker to do his magic.

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

We're waiting on Mr. Dealmaker to do his magic.

Well, the thing is, DACA shouldn't even be part of this discussion. I don't think Trump really wants to give the DACA people a free ticket in. At least I hope he doesn't. I think all of them should be deported. Having said that, you can set up a system where there is some intense background checks into these folks. Your all A student who has stayed out of trouble....he or she might get to apply for re-entry legally and the chance for citizenship. Not all of them will- or should, be able to reapply, however. And certainly not all at once. Maybe only 20% or so- who knows what that number is, but it sure isn't all of them.  

Trump shouldn't just give in on this one. It was a misguided program from the start. The BS compassion argument coming from the dems now on this is just a scam. They don't give two rips about these people and they never did. They just wanted the shot at more voters- nothing more.