Jump to content

chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Recommended Posts


We have the Clampetts’ in the White House.

Plastic Spoons.....


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

It's not just me who considers him the worst potus of all time. 

I don't suspect there will really be any dispute once the full story is written. 

I'd recommend reading about Millard Fillmore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mtutiger said:

I'd recommend reading about Millard Fillmore.

My statement still stands...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

I'd recommend reading about Millard Fillmore.

Did he try to take away your guns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

My statement still stands...

Of course it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dems have no leverage in this. They can continue to insist on making their "my way or the highway" stance on immigration a condition of opening the government.  But Trump can just tell them to go pound it and wait for DACA to expire, then start deportations. They have zero leverage. The longer it goes on, the louder the campaign ads will be.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

We have the Clampetts’ in the White House.

Plastic Spoons.....
 

 

Talk about elites...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The dems have no leverage in this. They can continue to insist on making their "my way or the highway" stance on immigration a condition of opening the government.  But Trump can just tell them to go pound it and wait for DACA to expire, then start deportations. They have zero leverage. The longer it goes on, the louder the campaign ads will be.   

So, they have no leverage, but it's still their fault?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

So, they have no leverage, but it's still their fault?  

They think they have leverage. But they are too dumb to realize that Trump is willing to keep the government shut down for 6 weeks if necessary to allow DACA to expire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://apple.news/AntKeC3ziSSOWze0KkQpWiA

Cotton Says No One ‘Expressed Offense’ at Trump’s Africa Comment

Quote

No one “expressed offense” during a recent Oval Office meeting on immigration where President Donald Trump allegedly used the term “****hole countries” to describe Africa, said Senator Tom Cotton, a shift from comments he made last week.


“I was not offended,” Cotton, an Arkansas Republican, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “Nobody in the meeting expressed their offense.”
Last week, Cotton said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that he didn’t hear Trump use the obscenity. On Sunday, he said on NBC that he “never denied there wasn’t strong language used” at the Jan. 11 meeting on immigration priorities “by lots of people.”

On CBS last week, Cotton said he “didn’t hear” the comments ascribed to Trump by Durbin[/quote]

So which is it? He never said it? Or no one was offended by it?

Lol.  Such a liar.  In a den of liars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

The dems have no leverage in this. They can continue to insist on making their "my way or the highway" stance on immigration a condition of opening the government.  But Trump can just tell them to go pound it and wait for DACA to expire, then start deportations. They have zero leverage. The longer it goes on, the louder the campaign ads will be.   

This analysis assumes that TRUMP will avoid any blame for the shutdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This analysis assumes that TRUMP will avoid any blame for the shutdown.

He will avoid blame among his cult.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

They think they have leverage. But they are too dumb to realize that Trump is willing to keep the government shut down for 6 weeks if necessary to allow DACA to expire. 

He won't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is zero chance that TRUMP will deliberately keep the government shut down for six weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

There is zero chance that TRUMP will deliberately keep the government shut down for six weeks. 

only because it will make him look bad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

There is zero chance that TRUMP will deliberately keep the government shut down for six weeks. 

Not if they agree to compromise. If they don't? Well, we've got hundreds of thousands of "non-essential workers". Let them be non-essential for a few more weeks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Not if they agree to compromise. If they don't? Well, we've got hundreds of thousands of "non-essential workers". Let them be non-essential for a few more weeks....

And you'll be the first one bitching when your tax refund is late.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

And you'll be the first one bitching when your tax refund is late.  

Nope. I plan appropriately. I don't allow the government to use my money all year unnecessarily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Nope. I plan appropriately. I don't allow the government to use my money all year unnecessarily. 

ha ha, I have not gotten a refund for about 20 years.  Well, occasionally I'll get a refund either federal or state, but the loss on the other has always been higher than the refund.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Not if they agree to compromise. 

We're waiting on Mr. Dealmaker to do his magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

We're waiting on Mr. Dealmaker to do his magic.

Well, the thing is, DACA shouldn't even be part of this discussion. I don't think Trump really wants to give the DACA people a free ticket in. At least I hope he doesn't. I think all of them should be deported. Having said that, you can set up a system where there is some intense background checks into these folks. Your all A student who has stayed out of trouble....he or she might get to apply for re-entry legally and the chance for citizenship. Not all of them will- or should, be able to reapply, however. And certainly not all at once. Maybe only 20% or so- who knows what that number is, but it sure isn't all of them.  

Trump shouldn't just give in on this one. It was a misguided program from the start. The BS compassion argument coming from the dems now on this is just a scam. They don't give two rips about these people and they never did. They just wanted the shot at more voters- nothing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×