chasfh

The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

“It is not so long ago that a member of the Diplomatic Body in London, who had spent some years of his service in China, told me that there was a Chinese curse which took the form of saying, ‘May you live in interesting times.’ There is no doubt that the curse has fallen on us.”

“We move from one crisis to another. We suffer one disturbance and shock after another.”- Sir Austin Chamberlin

Indeed, we are living in interesting times.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/12/18/live/

That might be the sixth time this week I have heard the Chinese curse saying.

I've been in a fog all day. Everything looks different to me through the prism of this new reality. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does.

So now we're going to have to see his stupid monkey face all over our TVs every day for the next four years, at least.

Greaaaaaat.

I guess my first question is, what's going to be the first thing he does once he assumes office? I would think it's repealing Obamacare. Anyone hear anything different?

According to Mitch McConnell today it seems like that is a top priority of the Senate's as well. So that seems like priority #1. I think the other thing he might do early on is order the FBI to launch a full scale investigation into the Clinton Foundation. I wouldn't be surprised if he looked to replace Paul Ryan as Speaker right out of the gate as well. Make a show of force and punish his political adversaries.

34 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I'll start:

Wow. Now what?

Canada gains about 1-2 million of the worst of our society.

And South Africa gains one, based upon preference (Samuel L Jackson).

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I guess my first question is, what's going to be the first thing he does once he assumes office? I would think it's repealing Obamacare. Anyone hear anything different?

Well, he has talked about his 100 day plan a few times:

Appoint judges who will uphold the Constitution. Hillary Clinton’s radical judges will virtually abolish the 2nd amendment.

Change immigration rules to give unemployed Americans an opportunity to fill good-paying jobs

Stand up to countries that cheat on trade, of which there are many

Cancel rules and regulations that send jobs overseas

Lift restrictions on energy production

Repeal and replace job-killing Obamacare — it is a disaster.

• Pass massive tax reform to create millions of new jobs.

Impose tough new ethics rules to restore dignity to the Office of Secretary of State.

8 minutes ago, ballmich said:

Canada gains about 1-2 million of the worst of our society.

And South Africa gains one, based upon preference (Samuel L Jackson).

And Italy plus one. 

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

And Italy plus one. 

You know, you don't have to immigrate to Italy, you just have to show up.  They take up everyone.  Although it might help if you just tell them you are Syrian. 

I was equally irritated when Obama came into office. But the sun always comes up. I'd never move because this is still the best country in the world, no matter who runs it. But that's just me. I respect others who have different viewpoints. Except Cher, because she is just a nut. 

Nothing changes for me really.  

Maybe we get a small business tax cut, which would be nice.

We have had discussions already and have no plans to drop health insurance for our employees even if they repeal The ACA.  

Most of our regulations are state/local so not much he can do there.

Business as usual.  

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

I was equally irritated when Obama came into office. But the sun always comes up. I'd never move because this is still the best country in the world, no matter who runs it. But that's just me. I respect others who have different viewpoints. Except Cher, because she is just a nut. 

Yeah, some people need to take off the bubblewrap suits, dry their eyes and put on their big boy pants. The US survived 8 years of Bush and now 8 years of Obama. Suck it up buttercup.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

And Italy plus one. 

Think America will let you take your money with you? Better hurry before they get a bright idea like legislating a limit that you can move to a foreign county with, like maybe $500, and making you forfeit the rest to help balance the stupid f***ing budget.

I predict there ain't **** gonna change for the uneducated white males that voted Trump in. And instead of feeling empathy and arguing for policies I think would help, I will simply state you got what you wanted and laugh, laugh, laugh.

Just now, Biff Mayhem said:

Yeah, some people need to take off the bubblewrap suits, dry their eyes and put on their big boy pants. The US survived 8 years of Bush and now 8 years of Obama. Suck it up buttercup.

That's pretty much what I meant. But I want to be clear- I also want to see the entire list of stars who said they were moving out of the country and I want them all to do it. And Cher said she was going to Jupiter, so she needs to find a way there.  Put up or shut up. Many of them have already left California due to the high tax rates. If Miley Cyrus feels the need to leave, I think that could only be a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

I predict there ain't **** gonna change for the uneducated white males that voted Trump in. And instead of feeling empathy and arguing for policies I think would help, I will simply state you got what you wanted and laugh, laugh, laugh.

I think the uneducated need to get educated formally or informally (by upgrading their job skills) in order to improve their lot in life.  I don't think many of their old jobs are coming back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

That's pretty much what I meant. But I want to be clear- I also want to see the entire list of stars who said they were moving out of the country and I want them all to do it. And Cher said she was going to Jupiter, so she needs to find a way there.  Put up or shut up. Many of them have already left California due to the high tax rates. If Miley Cyrus feels the need to leave, I think that could only be a good thing. 

I mean if you're all of the sudden going to hold everyone to what they said, are we going to deport Trump when Mexico doesn't pay for the wall?

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

I think the uneducated need to get educated formally or informally (by upgrading their job skills) in order to improve their lot in life.  I don't think many of their old jobs are coming back. 

They'll be getting that tax cut which will amount to all of a hundred bucks for them.

They can suck it up and tough it out. They're tougher than the rest of the country which is a bunch of whiners.