Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

#2 Michigan vs Iowa - 11/12/16

Pretty crappy news, especially as it seemed to happen on the second to last drive. Had we taken care of business earlier in the game with our multiple chances to do so, he probably isn't sacrificing himself in the way he did.

Maybe he can recover in time for the bowl game.

Hopefully okorn can step up and provide a steady presence back there, but our odds of winning the big ten just took a big hit.

3 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Pretty crappy news, especially as it seemed to happen on the second to last drive. Had we taken care of business earlier in the game with our multiple chances to do so, he probably isn't sacrificing himself in the way he did.

Hopefully okorn can step up and provide a steady presence back there, but our odds of winning the big ten just took a big hit.

Well see if Harbaugh is in Meyer's league now. . Didn't Urban go through 3 QBs in '14 and the team got better each time?xD

20 minutes ago, Shelton said:

If Speight does indeed have a broken collarbone, Harbaugh needs to move on to O'Korn or whoever he feels is ready to step up.

O'Korn has all the experience, tools and all the firepower he needs to win.  If the OL protects him, there should be hardly any drop in production.

If Speight does indeed have a broken collarbone, Harbaugh needs to move on to O'Korn or whoever he feels is ready to step up.

O'Korn has all the experience, tools and all the firepower he needs to win.  If the OL protects him, there should be hardly any drop in production.

I agree that if speight has a broken collar bone harbaugh should move on to the next guy.

I don't agree that there should be hardly any drop in production. But who knows.

10 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I don't agree that there should be hardly any drop in production. But who knows.

I feel pretty good about having a backup QB that has almost 4200 yards passing, 125 QB rating and 36 career TD.  O'Korn has a plus arm, it just depends on how much of a leash Harbaugh give him.  Or worse, if for some reason it is Morris instead.

I feel pretty good about having a backup QB that has almost 4200 yards passing, 125 QB rating and 36 career TD.  O'Korn has a plus arm, it just depends on how much of a leash Harbaugh give him.  Or worse, if for some reason it is Morris instead.

There are reasons for optimism, but there are also reasons that speight got the nod to start the season, and reasons that he stuck with him through a string of sub par performances.

Now, maybe it's as simple as it being speight was 51% and okorn was 49%. But by all accounts this was okorn's job to lose and he lost it, so I feel like there has to be a reason for that, especially in light of how speight looked to start the year.

Regardless, we will know pretty soon how he stacks up. I really hope he's good. It would be a shame to see this season go down the drain due to an injury.

As it is, the goals of beating MSU and osu and winning the big ten and making the playoff are still in reach.

Grain of salt, but I heard the biggest difference between the two is Harbaugh liked Speight's conservative judgement over O'Korn's gunslinger approach.  O'Korn trusts that thunderbolt of a right arm a little more than Harbaugh does, it seems.

17 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Kid had a broken collarbone, no big deal.

It sucks that he got injured and it's highly likely that O'Korn will be a downgrade, but unless he broke it on the first play of the game I'm not really sure how it's relevant to the earlier performance.

Just because I don't think he's a very good QB doesn't mean I want him to get hurt or that I don't think he's better than the alternatives. Definitely a blow to Michigan's chances.