Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Maryland vs. #2 Michigan - 11/5/16

Maryland Terrapins (5-3)               vs.         #2 Michigan Wolverines (8-0)WD7IIBc.png                                              nHPUn2i.png

Saturday, Nov. 5 • 3:30 p.m. ET

From Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan

kco4dd3.jpg

TV: 8Mcbq23.png

Steve Levy (play-by-play), Brian Griese (color analyst) and Todd McShay (sideline) will call the game.

Trap game.  DJ Durkin is making strides in his first season at Maryland.  He knows the UM program a bit & could make things interesting for a while, but I don't think he has the talent in his program yet to win this game.

2 hours ago, djhutch said:

Trap game.  

Once the number in front of a zero in your record gets to about 6, they are all traps!

I'm hoping this one won't be too interesting, but I'm thinking OSU/Nebraska might be.

Not to compare programs...the Illinois MSU game sounds like its being played inside a library inside a church inside a anechoic chamber inside a stadium where two yawner teams are playing.  

Kalis with a PF  - Harbaugh pulls him and the audio picks him him up yelling at him to 'get your **** together!' Easy 1st drive for M despite the penalty. Speight with a cannon shot delivery on the long ball for the TD to Darboh.

Can't believe the mustard on Speight's throws today. Shades of Bill Munson.

then he just runs the damn ball in himself when he can't find But t.

Feels like a warm up so far. I know Maryland is good basketball but they have never been anybody in football. 

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Texas a&m lost. What one loss team can they put over now?

Florida, lol, unless they lose too, to Arkansas. Don't you know that the A&M loss and the Auburn close call just shows how deep is the mighty SEC?

• Like 1

Someone up there like M this season. One of the best drives against the M defense ends with clang off the goal post. No points.

10 hours ago, djhutch said:

Trap game.  DJ Durkin is making strides in his first season at Maryland.  He knows the UM program a bit & could make things interesting for a while, but I don't think he has the talent in his program yet to win this game.

Aaaaannd .. I'm a moron.

more amazing fortune. Maryland player goes down on the 1 as time runs out on the half. Again - the opposition moves the ball but no points

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

more amazing fortune. Maryland player goes down on the 1 as time runs out on the half. Again - the opposition moves the ball but no points

That was a great playcall, I'm sure M was thinking hail mary or 15 yard out. Still, tough to score on a screenpass from the 50. Even when you do the ref will sometimes call you OOB at the 1.

Speight looks aaaaamaaaaaizeinnnnng

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Texas a&m lost. What one loss team can they put over now?

If Ohio State loses tonight, it would be to the point where a 1-loss UM team would still have a better than 50/50 chance at making the playoffs. Maybe not if that loss was to a 1-loss Nebraska.

52 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

That was a great playcall, I'm sure M was thinking hail mary or 15 yard out. Still, tough to score on a screenpass from the 50. Even when you do the ref will sometimes call you OOB at the 1.

Speight looks aaaaamaaaaaizeinnnnng

granted he hasn't been under any kind of pressure, but he is throwing the ball today like it's Sunday.

Nebraska QB gets his bell rung, they board him up and send him to the ER. By the time he comes back OK, OSU up by a gazillion points. Nebraska paying for UM having put a big number on Maryland. xD

6 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Nebraska QB gets his bell rung, they board him up and send him to the ER. By the time he comes back OK, OSU up by a gazillion points. Nebraska paying for UM having put a big number on Maryland. xD

I know Nebraska's QB going down had an impact, but I tend to think this game more exposed how overrated the Huskers were & not how good OSU is.

4 hours ago, djhutch said:

I know Nebraska's QB going down had an impact, but I tend to think this game more exposed how overrated the Huskers were & not how good OSU is.

agree about Nebraska. They looked both slow and clueless on D as well. No pressure on Barrett, Blew too many coverages blown leaving OSU receivers alone in space. 

Anyone want to lay odds that Speight declares if he finishes the season any kind of strong?  To a team that can afford to have him sit for a year, Speight is a first-day draft selection. 

Puncher's chance to go in first round because of ideal NFL size, pocket presence and possible plus arm to go with borderline amazing improvement over the past 6-12 months.

Michigan remains #2 in the AP.

But after their struggles with Maryland, they dropped to #3 in the coaches poll.

I miss colored text.

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Michigan remains #2 in the AP.

But after their struggles with Maryland, they dropped to #3 in the coaches poll.

I miss colored text.

why?