Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Nastradamus

Lions trading for Jonathan Banks

Recommended Posts

so tweets Michael Rothstein. Guessing for almost nothing as he was reportedly almost cut. Maybe a future 7th or something? Curious to see. I always liked Banks and he played opposite Slay in college. We certainly need the size. Come on Austin! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see now Adam Schefter is tweeting that Banks wasn't released but instead traded.  Looks like a 7th rounder.  

I'm fine with that even if he ends up bombing.  I generally don't expect 7th rounders to amount to much in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I see now Adam Schefter is tweeting that Banks wasn't released but instead traded.  Looks like a 7th rounder.  

I'm fine with that even if he ends up bombing.  I generally don't expect 7th rounders to amount to much in the NFL.

Yah, worth a shot to me. Screw it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 7th rounder will be in 2018, so the Lions won't have a 7th rounder that year, either.  I'm guessing that the trade for Bostic (for a conditional 7th rounder) has been taken care of with the Van Noy trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Maybe he can get some mojo back playing with his old college teammate Slay?

Yep. 

It's a classic NE move. Give up really nothing -- who cares about a 7th round pick -- for a recently drafted guy who didn't work out. Hope it was a scheme/city thing and if he just suck oh well you didn't really lose anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Yep. 

It's a classic NE move. Give up really nothing -- who cares about a 7th round pick -- for a recently drafted guy who didn't work out. Hope it was a scheme/city thing and if he just suck oh well you didn't really lose anything. 

He ran a slow 40. I think it was about 4.7 so he needs help. He's zone only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

He ran a slow 40. I think it was about 4.7 so he needs help. He's zone only. 

He ran 4.61 according to NFL.com. 

And I don't care that much about 40 times. Plenty of fast guys have sucked and plenty of "slow" guys have lit it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

57 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

He ran a slow 40. I think it was about 4.7 so he needs help. He's zone only. 

 

40 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

He ran 4.61 according to NFL.com. 

And I don't care that much about 40 times. Plenty of fast guys have sucked and plenty of "slow" guys have lit it up

Yah, Banks may be too slow, but if anything he's more of a press man guy. Lovie tried to make him play zone and he sucked at it. He needs to get in their and get physical at the LOS. He did a great job on Calvin the other year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He ran 4.61 according to NFL.com. 

And I don't care that much about 40 times. Plenty of fast guys have sucked and plenty of "slow" guys have lit it up

.05 slower than Richard Sherman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×