Deleterious

Game #4: Knicks vs. Pistons

Game over.  I was worried we were going to lead the whole game and lose it at the end but the Knicks self imploded.  

9 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

This is where they really miss Reggie. The end of close games.

I would think so too but it's the Knicks.

Just now, Sydney_Fife said:

Harris playing at an all star level to begin the season. 

Yep.  That Orlando trade last season saved us so much.  

If we would just stop feeding Drummond in the post, we would be that much better.  I don't know why we have to force him into something he is not.  

1 minute ago, Hart said:

If we would just stop feeding Drummond in the post, we would be that much better.  I don't know why we have to force him into something he is not.  

I think they do it to keep him engaged.

SVG has successfully fleeced OKC, Orlando, and Phoenix. He basically got Jackson, Harris, and Morris for next to nothing. And they're all locked up to ridiculously affordable contracts. 

We played quite poorly in Brooklyn last year. Recall us shooting like 25 percent in a loss and barely squeaking one out. Will be interesting to see us on our first B2B

10 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

We played quite poorly in Brooklyn last year. Recall us shooting like 25 percent in a loss and barely squeaking one out. Will be interesting to see us on our first B2B

That was last year.

Stanley Johnson now has 2 field goals made in 4 games.  That is hard to do.  At least he was solid in other areas tonight.  

Drummond might be a little too passive on defense to avoid foul trouble.  He now has 1 foul in 3 consecutive games after sitting much of the first game.  

44 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

SVG has successfully fleeced OKC, Orlando, and Phoenix. He basically got Jackson, Harris, and Morris for next to nothing. And they're all locked up to ridiculously affordable contracts. 

Not to mention the Ish Smith contract which looks to be a steal as well.  Would like to see more from Leuer but it's early.  Can't think of one glaring bad move that SVG the GM has made yet.

I'm going to hold judgement until they beat a team who will finish over .500.

They have played one quality team and they were hammered.  

18 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

No doubt, but I like that we are able to look a tier above the average to below average teams, even without Reggie. 

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

Not to mention the Ish Smith contract which looks to be a steal as well.  Would like to see more from Leuer but it's early.  Can't think of one glaring bad move that SVG the GM has made yet.

Ish will be very helpful in getting our bench to produce more than last year IMO

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

But this was "their first game against a superteam", as you posted to begin this thread.  Raisin' the bar a bit, aren't ya?

I'm not exactly a hoops guru, but it seems to me that the Knicks have the talent to be a winner, but play as a group of individuals who have yet to learn what they need to do as a team, particularly defensively, to get it done.  Then again, I think we may have simply worn them down.  By the middle of the 4th qtr., they were out of gas, beaten. 

42 minutes ago, robgrave said:

But this was "their first game against a superteam", as you posted to begin this thread.  Raisin' the bar a bit, aren't ya?

I'm not exactly a hoops guru, but it seems to me that the Knicks have the talent to be a winner, but play as a group of individuals who have yet to learn what they need to do as a team, particularly defensively, to get it done.  Then again, I think we may have simply worn them down.  By the middle of the 4th qtr., they were out of gas, beaten. 

I was making fun of Rose because he called The Knicks that.  

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/derrick-rose-us-and-golden-state-are-the-super-teams-072116

I like they won and only took 13 3PTA's tonight.

Does Udrih shoot well enough to get some run as the backup SG when Reggie returns?  Kind of a small backcourt with him and Ish but that isn't as important for backups.  

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I like they won and only took 13 3PTA's tonight.

Does Udrih shoot well enough to get some run as the backup SG when Reggie returns?  Kind of a small backcourt with him and Ish but that isn't as important for backups.  

I think there is a possibility we see Udrih utilized as a 10th man.