Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Illinois vs. #3 Michigan - 10/22/16

Illinois Fighting Illini (2-4)         vs.       #3 Michigan Wolverines (6-0)

S22DjtI.jpg                                               nHPUn2i.png

Saturday, Oct. 22 • 3:30 p.m. ET

From Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan

kco4dd3.jpg

TV: logo.png

Kevin Kugler (play-by-play), Matt Millen (color analyst) and Lisa Byington (sideline) will call the game.

Should be a blowout.  It's painfully obvious that Speight will make or break this team's chances of going a long way this year.  Hope to see continued improvement from him.

On 10/19/2016 at 11:08 AM, thefunk said:

Should be a blowout.  It's painfully obvious that Speight will make or break this team's chances of going a long way this year.  Hope to see continued improvement from him.

Completely agree.  College Game Day did a nice piece on Speight & how he's learning & getting better.  Talked about his movement in the pocket & his ability to look off receivers.  I do think at least part of his success is going to be getting healthy on the OL.  They've had several injuries.  

36 minutes ago, djhutch said:

I do think at least part of his success is going to be getting healthy on the OL.  They've had several injuries.  

This is my biggest concern, by far.

Mgoblog with the counter point to that article in its article today where bushell beatty comes in for a healthy amount of criticism.

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Mgoblog with the counter point to that article in its article today where bushell beatty comes in for a healthy amount of criticism.

The good thing about the LT spot is that they can plug Cole in there if need be and insert Kugler--a former 5* with something to prove--at OC.

10 hours ago, Shelton said:

I haven't been all that impressed with Bushell-Beatty so far .. at least it seems like he's getting the most penalties called against him.  Still I'm hoping that will disappear as he gets stronger, more coaching, & more playing time.

M using Peppers in a lot of low value plays - can imagine why other than they want to get a lot of plays on film that the opposition later will have to look at.....

6 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

M using Peppers in a lot of low value plays - can imagine why other than they want to get a lot of plays on film that the opposition later will have to look at.....

Yeah, a part of me looks at some of these awesome plays and wants to save them for when needed.

What a change 2 years makes. From out of the bowls to beating teams *too* effectively.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

2 hours ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Yeah, a part of me looks at some of these awesome plays and wants to save them for when needed.

What a change 2 years makes. From out of the bowls to beating teams *too* effectively.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

M sloppy in the 2nd half. Penalties, running game dead.

It may very well be that the running game was dead & things were sloppy simply because Harbaugh took the foot off the gas & ran a very simple, non-descript game plan in the 2nd half to keep from giving other teams film.

Have to take it week by week, but this team can beat OSU. My confidence is growing with the way the season is shaking out. 

First Wisconsin, now Penn State giving OSU all they can handle. Penn State takes a blocked FG back for 6 to take a 3 pt lead with 4:27 left.

Michigan will probably jump OSU even if the Buckeyes pull it out. If Penn St. wins they'll go to 5-2 and be ranked as will Colorado, joining top 10 Wisconsin as quality Michigan wins this year. I know it doesn't really matter, just win out and you're in, but still ...

Barrett still the best player on the field. I don't know if he has Sunday skills, but he's a force on a college grid.

PSU with the sack. OSU needs to make a 4th and 23 to stay alive.

PSU sacks Barrett again - OSU goes DOWN!