Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

#4 Michigan vs. Rutgers - 10/8/16

Almost hate to see State lose again today. Playing an unranked MSU team with a poor record in E Lansing shapes up as the ultimate trap game.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Almost hate to see State lose again today. Playing an unranked MSU team with a poor record in E Lansing shapes up as the ultimate trap game.

The announcers just called Indiana a trap game.

You could probably say that every game between now and O$U is a trap game, as there just isn't any other real barometer out there.  

The intensity of this defense is just outstanding, as is the level of talent.

Nine rushing TD today for the Wolverines.

8 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I feel the same way, plus Dantonio is a master motivator when it comes to MSU being perceived as underdogs.

6 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

so many reps for Morris compared to O'Korn maybe the only surprise today.

I love to see so much of the roster get substatial reps.

Just now, mickeyb105 said:

The announcers just called Indiana a trap game.

You could probably say that every game between now and O$U is a trap game, as there just isn't any other real barometer out there.  

The intensity of this defense is just outstanding, as is the level of talent.

Nine rushing TD today for the Wolverines.

yeah to some degree. But in terms of let down probability, I'd rather be playing a team that isn't great but is better than expected than a traditional rival who is probably not as bad as their record.

Rutgers punted 16 times for 603 yards.

I feel badly for their players, but that's what their admin gets for going after Big Ten money and exposure.

10 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

I have a feeling Michigan won't go into East Lansing lightly. They remember last year. 

Harbaugh will have his team ready, as will Dantonio.  It will be a close game.

2 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

I feel badly for their players, but that's what their admin gets for going after Big Ten money and exposure.

I felt bad for their players as well, but I also felt like Ash and the rest of those trying to manufacture a rivalry with UM out of false outrage got what they deserved.

19 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

I have a feeling Michigan won't go into East Lansing lightly. They remember last year. 

Starting to think the same

Losing Cook, most of their starting OL and their playmaking WR was way too much for Dantonio to replace in one year. And on the heels of last year's fluke ending in AA, it is very hard to consider losing to State much of a possibility.

2 hours ago, hail2mich said:

They will settle some scores.

7 hours ago, hail2mich said:

Will Rutgers get over 50 yards this game? I really don't think so

Good call.

78% off at Ruths Chris in Ann Arbor Sunday and Monday only. I know it says through thursday in the post but corporate only guaranteed the discount through eob Monday.

Edit, make that 50% off. They just "updated" the original post in comments.

10 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

O-line has gotten to where it is OK, but I still wouldn't call it a real strength.

11 hours ago, JAYB said:

I still think Mich QB play is the only weakness on this team. 

I agree in regards to QB play.  Harbaugh's track record is a good one, but I tend to think Rudock was quicker thinking than Speight.  I'm getting concerned about the injuries on the O-line. Hoping the depth will help & continue to improve.  If both teams hold serve, protection will be the key against OSU.

2 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

480 yards rushing last night and OL play is a concern--elite football team problems.

well, yeah! xD

regarding Rudock  being quicker than Speight - I'd agree he was at the end, but I remember thinking all through the 1st few games that he was consistently late with the ball. Rudock's in season improvement was really quite epic - If that was Harbaugh's doing and not just Jake's natural progression, and JH can reproduce that kind of learning curve in QBs on a regular basis, then however long he lasts a Michigan are going to be fun years.

RC is booked through Thursday.  Impressive.  

Bar area is open, I would imagine. What do you think?

3 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Bar area is open, I would imagine. What do you think?

Yeah, they wont book the bar.  But it might fill up as well depending on how many walk-ins they get.