Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Preseason 2016

I get using the local boys music for the intro, but meh.

I'm going to work really hard, become rich, buy The Pistons, and then make them always use The Final Countdown for introductions.

• Like 1

Pistons up 20 with about two minutes left.  I think they were down 14 or 16 points in the second quarter.

Ish is done for the night.  7 assists 0 TO's.  Third straight game without a TO.

I think Ellenson impressed me the most tonight.  Nice baby hook in the paint, 3/3 from behind the line.  Looked to be playing with a lot of confidence.  

Ellenson looked good to go out there when I watched him in the second half.  Lots of offensive tools.

Ish taking care of the ball is a good look.

The Bucks didn't have much interior  going on tonight, what was Kidd trying to do tonight?  He had to have some kind of agenda.

I want to see more of Boban, less of Baynes.

McCallum was uninspiring.

Missed the game but it seems like Ish is really getting comfortable in the system.  I think they will be a much better team on the fast break with him running the show than they were with Reggie. Half court offense could be another story.

I'm curious to see how much run Ellenson will get to start the season.  SVG really loves this kid and you rarely seem him praise anybody that much especially young players.  Might be tough for him to get much PT with so much depth at the 3-4 position.

On 10/17/2016 at 0:56 PM, mickeyb105 said:

Dre had a nice season last year, no doubt we are lucky to have him.

Other career lows besides FT shooting last year include ORtg, TOV and BLK.  His 52.1% from the floor is still very low for a guy who gets a great deal of his points on lobs and ORB.

There was a lot of complaining here when some of the board wanted to trade Monroe by those who thought that Monroe was the next ZBo or whatever, and maybe there are still people who thought that Brandon Knight was the next Billups.  Players can have personal success and still not be a piece of the puzzle for a championship, and I believe that is a real possibility with Dre (or really, anyone on the roster.  Why should anyone be untouchable here?).

While the Pistons improved as a team, so did many of the other potential playoff teams.  It is possible to improve your team while failing to improve your position with the rest of the teams in your conference.  The Pistons needed to add guys that could shoot, and they did--but none of those players are slated to start as of right now.  That's kind of a problem.

My biggest issues would moving Dre would be these

- He's probably the one potentially major advantage we have against high end teams

- He's kinda key to the system we run. 

He's sure as **** not untouchable, but what's the offer we actually receive that makes us say yes? Its a tough one to answer IMO. 

On 10/17/2016 at 11:44 AM, Deleterious said:

Most do.

But it doesn't matter if you don't.  Any coach can remove Drummond from any game at any time because of his FT shooting.  Huge liability.  

SUre, its more valuable than any other 4%, but that's WAY different than being the end all, be all. In the end, they are only going to start hacking in small doses

I wouldn't call Drummond the key to anything Detroit wants to do.  True, SVG wants a strong post presence to draw double teams and kick it out to shooters.  But Drummond doesn't do that.

Last year in the post Drummond averaged .73 points per possession.  That puts him in the 29th percentile.  Nobody is going to double that and honestly, they probably prefer he posts up than kick to a shooter.

• Like 1