Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Preseason 2016

22 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I need to stay away from RealGM.

I saw someone suggest Silent G should start over KCP.  You know, because he has played a whole one game now, in the preseason, against Philly.

I saw someone else point out SJ only played 9 minutes and wondered if he would be in the regular season rotation or not.

Good lord

I hope when teams start to hack Drummond that SVG will replace him with Leuer instead of Baynes/Boban.

Nothing against those two, but neither one is really capable of coming in and punishing teams.  Leuer can with his shooting and ability to spread the floor.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

What is the market for Drummond at the trade deadline?

Not as high as most would think. But small market teams will always trade for a guy like Drummond just to sell tickets.  

Teams that want to win probably wont touch him.  Pretty hard to win a title when a guy who eats up 25% of your cap cant play the last two minutes of a game.

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Not as high as most would think. But small market teams will always trade for a guy like Drummond just to sell tickets.  

Teams that want to win probably wont touch him.  Pretty hard to win a title when a guy who eats up 25% of your cap cant play the last two minutes of a game.

How about going big market and trading with the Lakers?  Drummond and SJ for Clarkston, Ingram and Mozgov.

4 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

How about going big market and trading with the Lakers?  Drummond and SJ for Clarkston, Ingram and Mozgov.

Just guessing, but the Lakers say no.  They want to win titles and Drummond makes that hard to do.

Plus, Mozgov is bad.

5 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

This was a joke right.........

39 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I hope when teams start to hack Drummond that SVG will replace him with Leuer instead of Baynes/Boban.

Nothing against those two, but neither one is really capable of coming in and punishing teams.  Leuer can with his shooting and ability to spread the floor.  

Yes, this. I bet we close a lot of games with PG/KCP/Morris/Harris/Leuer

22 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

You really value that 4% of the game

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Just guessing, but the Lakers say no.  They want to win titles and Drummond makes that hard to do.

Plus, Mozgov is bad.

I included Moz because I figured the Lakers would want to unload that contract and we would be down a C.  Instead, bringing in a third team is probably a better option.

11 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

You really value that 4% of the game

Most do.

But it doesn't matter if you don't.  Any coach can remove Drummond from any game at any time because of his FT shooting.  Huge liability.  

• Like 1

I can't believe that people are giving up on Andre due to poor free shooting and yes, I get that he could be a liability at times due to it.  He has improved every area of his game outside of free throw shooting and they just signed him to a max contract so he's not going anywhere and rightfully so.

The team came off of a nice breakout season and gave Cleveland all they can handle in the playoffs, they add two key reserve players while subtracting nothing of consequence and some people are ready to auction off half the roster and are predicting a poor season.   I feel like I'm posting in the Lions forum.

Dre had a nice season last year, no doubt we are lucky to have him.

Other career lows besides FT shooting last year include ORtg, TOV and BLK.  His 52.1% from the floor is still very low for a guy who gets a great deal of his points on lobs and ORB.

There was a lot of complaining here when some of the board wanted to trade Monroe by those who thought that Monroe was the next ZBo or whatever, and maybe there are still people who thought that Brandon Knight was the next Billups.  Players can have personal success and still not be a piece of the puzzle for a championship, and I believe that is a real possibility with Dre (or really, anyone on the roster.  Why should anyone be untouchable here?).

While the Pistons improved as a team, so did many of the other potential playoff teams.  It is possible to improve your team while failing to improve your position with the rest of the teams in your conference.  The Pistons needed to add guys that could shoot, and they did--but none of those players are slated to start as of right now.  That's kind of a problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

.  Players can have personal success and still not be a piece of the puzzle for a championship,

this is the thing. How far away are you from being good starting from some point (i.e. a centerpiece player) to a championship? If based on where you are, the players you need to utilize your franchise guy are going to take too long to assemble or are too hard to find, you may be closer to a top team by changing direction. But then again, it's not like the Pistons have a Scottie Pippen whose being underutilized because Drummond isn't someone else. We though we had that when Monroe and Drummond were on the court together, but that was only because we had oversold ourselves on Monroe.

We'll all look like fools when Dre shoots 55% from the line this year.

BTW, how bad are the makers of that virtually reality gizmo pulling for Dre? If it helps fix his FT shooting they won't be able to keep that thing in stock.

Just now, Deleterious said:

We'll all look like fools when Dre shoots 55% from the line this year.

a risk us fans would love to have to bear.

There was a guy doing VR connected to his phone on my out-bound flight in the front row, it freaked out the flight attendants and they asked him to stop.

No, it was not Dre.

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

There was a guy doing VR connected to his phone on my out-bound flight in the front row, it freaked out the flight attendants and they asked him to stop.

No, it was not Dre.

He was just learning how to pilot a plane in case the pilots had the fish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

No, it was not Dre.

so OT, but I haven't followed any of this new round of VR stuff, but when VR goggles appeared the 1st time around some number of years ago, I thought the big issue was that they caused nausea (basically motion sickness) in a high percentage of users. Is there something different in the tech this time around?

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

He was just learning how to pilot a plane in case the pilots had the fish.

Hopefully he had the lasagna.