Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Preseason 2016

I have read multiple opinions that SJ should run point while Reggie us out. 

That seems like a really bad idea.

Which below average point guard will we trade our first round pick for?  The opportunities are endless.

If theyre going to trade someone for a ballhandler, it might be kcp.  He will bring a good player back and he is about to be veey expensive after this year.  Trade him for someone who can shoot and sometimes handle the ball on a pick and roll but might be a step back on defense.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Buddha said:

If theyre going to trade someone for a ballhandler, it might be kcp.  He will bring a good player back and he is about to be veey expensive after this year.  Trade him for someone who can shoot and sometimes handle the ball on a pick and roll but might be a step back on defense.

I like this idea.

The major downside to trading kcp is that it ruins all the good trey burke is the next chris paul jokes!

Life is more fun if you can make fun of TP. ;)

• Like 1

Get on the phone to Utah.

--KCP and Baynes for Exum and a draft pick

or

--KCP for Burks, throw in a 2nd rounder if you have to.*

*after being very convinced that Burks is not injury-prone going forward, only

I was somehow hoping we would trade Reggie in the offseason because I don't like his style (and don't believe it leads the team to making a big leap of progress this year) but losing him now would certainly be a blow to our roster.  

Reggie is only out 6-8 weeks so there's no reason to panic whatsoever although with tendinitis, it could turn out to be a longer term issue.

What's with all the trade KCP talk?  That's ridiculous.  Ish could hold down the starting spot for 2-4 weeks of regular season games.  I'm sure SJ will get some reps at PG as well although I'm not a fan of that strategy. 

In any event, The Pistons have enough good players to cover for Reggie's absence short term.  This isn't like Cleveland losing Lebron. 

I think it is a big deal.  If he is out until the end of November that is 20 games.  At least Ish has the six preseason games to play with the starting unit.  

No desire to trade KCP.  I would miss the playoffs before doing that unless it was a real sweet deal for us.  

The biggest worry is what does this mean going forward for Reggie.  It sounds like this might be something he deals with the rest of his career.  

• Like 1

Yeah, knee tendinitis especially for basketball players who constantly put tons of stress on their knees is hard to diagnose.  It has cut several careers short or at least made those players a shell of their former self.  It might be best for him to just get the surgery for the sake of his long term prognosis but for now, I'll just assume that he'll be ready to go in 2 months.

First preseason game is tonight.  No local TV but I read it was on the Yes Network if you're in that area of the country.  It should also be on League Pass.

15 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Get on the phone to Utah.

--KCP and Baynes for Exum and a draft pick

or

--KCP for Burks, throw in a 2nd rounder if you have to.*

*after being very convinced that Burks is not injury-prone going forward, only

please no. Weather the damn storm. We'll be fine

14 hours ago, Hart said:

I was somehow hoping we would trade Reggie in the offseason because I don't like his style (and don't believe it leads the team to making a big leap of progress this year) but losing him now would certainly be a blow to our roster.  

I could see this in a vaccuum, but I feel like its hard to argue that he fills the role SVG wants his PG to fill. He's also clutch. Not seeing this one

So, are you saying that if you've already purchased League Pass that you can see the preseason games even if you're local? Or are they free since they're preseason?

4 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

So, are you saying that if you've already purchased League Pass that you can see the preseason games even if you're local? Or are they free since they're preseason?

I imagine locally they are still blacked out.  But maybe not since there is no TV for this game.  

I haven't heard anything about them being free.  But that would be a nice marketing idea for them in the preseason, maybe extend it the first week of the season.  

So annoying that there's really no good way to watch the preseason games.

As far as backup PG goes, playing Stanley at PG is a terrible idea. I think Hilliard ran a bit of PG last year and in college, but he's just coming off of an injury and has been limited. I guess Ish gets 48 mpg for a couple of weeks.

Another thing to note is that Reggie had this issue in OKC as well and I think he got the plasma injection back then too.

Leuer looked pretty comfortable backing his smaller man into the paint and hitting that little turn around jumper.

56 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Leuer looked pretty comfortable backing his smaller man into the paint and hitting that little turn around jumper.

He's a nice luxury to have this season.