Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Preseason 2016

A couple of guys who got cut recently.

Yogi Ferrell was cut by Brooklyn.  Can't imagine SVG going with a rookie who didn't get training camp to learn the offense/players.

Chicago cut The Mayor.  I don't think they can even sign him since you have to wait a year after trading someone to sign them again.  But it's possible that resets on July 1st, I don't know.  Dinwiddie knows the offense though.

Will Bynum was also cut by the Hawks.  

Players who don't have guaranteed contracts have to be cut by 5PM tonight or else their contract becomes partially guaranteed.

On 10/23/2016 at 5:30 PM, Deleterious said:

I'm pretty sure he means the 2017 Warriors.

It's a strong statement and I certainly wouldn't say it's true  but I think non Piston fans forget how strong that team was after they got Sheed.

I think they lost the first game with him when he didn't play much, then a game at the end where they pretty much rested everybody.  But aside from that I think they lost 3 or 4 games in the 2+ months of the regular season with him.  

Kevin Pelton of ESPN posted his projected standings based off of ESPN's RPM and he has us as the 4th seed and 46.6 wins.  

35 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Kevin Pelton of ESPN posted his projected standings based off of ESPN's RPM and he has us as the 4th seed and 46.6 wins.  

I guess at that rate of improvement they get to 50 wins in 2018. Does slow and steady win the race in the NBA?

I'm  cool with KCP hiting FA. He'll get more, but we'll match and its really just Gores' pockets' affected at that point. 

54 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Seems low but I like home court for the first round.

18 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Here is the visual.

Really excited for this year and Pistons basketball. They used to be my least favorite Detroit team. It that honor goes to the wings now. Maybe that makes me a fair weather fan. But I think it also had something to do with living out of state since 2001 until recently, and it being hard to follow them from afar. That, and Michigan basketball being such a joke for so long. But I've been watching a lot more basketball since Michigan began its resurgence, and the Stan hire really got me interested again.

I hope you all will accept me and my lack of NBA knowledge this season.

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Really excited for this year and Pistons basketball. They used to be my least favorite Detroit team. It that honor goes to the wings now. Maybe that makes me a fair weather fan. But I think it also had something to do with living out of state since 2001 until recently, and it being hard to follow them from afar. That, and Michigan basketball being such a joke for so long. But I've been watching a lot more basketball since Michigan began its resurgence, and the Stan hire really got me interested again.

I hope you all will accept me and my lack of NBA knowledge this season.

You're such a noob.