Boston over Cleveland in 4
Chicago over San Francisco in 4
Washington over Los Angeles in 5

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS
Boston over Toronto in 6
Chicago over Washington in 5

WORLD SERIES
Chicago Cubs over Boston Red Sox in 6

Yeah, they really are going to win it.  They've got a very good lineup with some great talent, they have a great manager and they might have the best pitching in a generation.    I think only something freakish could prevent them from winning it this year, and I don't believe in curses. 

So in the same year the city of Cleveland and the Chicago Cubs are breaking major streaks.  

Anyone but the Red Sox is not my prediction. It's my wish. If DD could get a WS ring everywhere but here I would hate baseball more than this electoral cycle, and that would be quite an accomplishment.

• Like 1

I know the Cubs is everyone cute pick and all and there is a backlash against that, but that's a team that won 103 games and they probably could have won 110 if they wanted to.     But that pitching is just insane - top to bottom.   I know Wrigley is not as much a hitters park as it used to be (for some reason), but it's still not the best for pitchers either and that staff dominated.  In today's game to have an entire rotation with nobody higher than 3.83 ERA and 1.206 WHIP is just amazing and the bullpen is really good too.  Probably one pitcher on their playoff roster had an ERA over 4 and that's 4.1.    Plus the lineup is really good, really loaded and as bad as J-Hey was this year, he could breakout at any time.   They have so many movable parts, but with all that, I think the x-factor is Maddon.   He doesn't take it too seriously and that's exactly what that team with that drought and that fan base needs.     

Blue Jays def. Orioles

Mets def. Giants

Texas def. Toronto

Red Sawx def. Mistake by the Lake

Texas beats Sawx, Texas AL Champs

Cubs def. Mets

Nats def. Dodgers

Cubs def. Nats, Cubs NL champs

Cubs def. Rangers in WS

WILD CARD ROUND
Toronto over Baltimore in 1
San Francisco over New York in 1

DIVISIONAL ROUNDS
Texas over Toronto in 5 (TKO)
Boston over Cleveland in 4 (and nobody in Cleveland knows about it)
Chicago over San Francisco in 5
Washington over Los Angeles in 5

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS
Boston over Texas in 5
Chicago over Washington in 4

WORLD SERIES
Chicago over Boston in 7

Not too many fun story lines are available this postseason.  Texas & Toronto is fun for the recent theatrics.  Los Angeles & San Francisco could be a fun one.  And Chicago & Boston would be hoped for ad nauseum despite Chicago and Cleveland having the (lack of winning) history.

Personally, I find myself rooting against certain teams more than rooting for others in this postseason.  At the opposite ends of that spectrum are probably San Francisco and Cleveland.  I like San Francisco's run here recently and my life will be **** if Cleveland wins.

2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS
Boston over Texas in 5
Chicago over Washington in 4

WORLD SERIES
Chicago Cubs over Texas in 7

Is that some kind of hedge?

1 minute ago, theroundsquare said:

Is that some kind of hedge?

No, I'm just an idiot.

7 minutes ago, Casimir said:

No, I'm just an idiot.

I just wondered, I sort of thought about hedging myself.  

I know its trendy and all, but I'm sort of rooting for the Cubs.  Maybe this shows may age, but I used to watch the Cubs on WGN in the late 80s and early 90s back when they had Mark Grace, Andre Dawson, and a few other guys that I liked.  There was no Fox Sports, so while I listened to the Tigers games on the radio with Ernie and Paul, I still watched the Cubs and like many people grew to have an affinity for them.  I never developed one for the Braves, who were also on cable a lot.  Nominating themselves as "America's Team" turned me right off.

1 minute ago, theroundsquare said:

I just wondered, I sort of thought about hedging myself.

I would recommend hedging rather than being an idiot, but sometimes I just cannot help myself from the latter.

I have been thinking Cubs all year until now.  I think they flake out like Seattle in 2001.  They get further, but do not win the whole thing.

Texas over Toronto.

Boston over Cleveland

SF over Cubs

Dodgers over Washington

Texas over SF in 7.

I will be in Dallas but the weekend the series is in NL parks.

No predictions but I'd like to see the Cubs win it...not just for nostalgia purposes but because I like Epstein and Maddon, and they have a great young ballclub.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

That is because he is an ***hole.

Wait, this isn't going to get a warning?  Must be because he's part've the clicque.

35 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

No predictions but I'd like to see the Cubs win it...not just for nostalgia purposes but because I like Epstein and Maddon, and they have a great young ballclub.

I'd throw Zobrist in there also as a reason that I would like to see the Cubs win.  I like the versatility he provides the club.  I loved it when the Tigers had that benefit with Tony Phillips.

I hope the cubs get swept in the first round. I hope they lose the first game 13-0 and the second game in 13 innings after 5 errors.

• Like 1

My impression is Cubs fans are just about being trendy and cool. Yes the Sox are division foes and dirty and all that but I think if I were born in Chicago I'd be a Sox fan. To me real baseball fans there are into the Sox. Those interested in being seen and fitting in will be cubs fans.

• Like 1