Sign in to follow this  
diaspora04

Great Tigers Season on MTS

After years of being busy with other things, I reengaged this season on the MTS board.  I have enjoyed the experience even more than I anticipated.  I miss some of the old retired posters, but I am pleased to see Lee (I still have a copy of Beyond Batting Average here at my desk) and Shelton, among many others, consistently providing interesting Tigers content.

The discussions here enable guys like me to transcend the bounds of normal baseball fans -- I feel like I get more out of each pitch.

This is a great place.

Dan in Cos Cob

Dan-

Bask in the glory of an excellent post. I got a bit emo earlier today about the state of the board, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Lots of great posters kept the place at a high level this season. Biggs, G2, sabretooth (who hates me), lee (annual MVP), drizzle, ballmich, punk, oblong, biff, Eric Cioe (emeritus), Walt, pyrotigers, irvink (offseason only), and a host of others whom I fail to mention but that I probably argue with less frequently.

*apologies to those that I failed to mention as hating me. I know for sure sabretooth hates me, but the rest of you I suspect probably do but there is still a chance you don't so I'm not just handing that award to you.

Where is Eric? Did the prospect or Fulmer and Norris send him into a nirvana like state?

Eric is off living the good life out in the western states. The JV start against Cleveland a few weeks back was his last straw for this season.

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Dan-

Bask in the glory of an excellent post. I got a bit emo earlier today about the state of the board, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Lots of great posters kept the place at a high level this season. Biggs, G2, sabretooth (who hates me), lee (annual MVP), drizzle, ballmich, punk, oblong, biff, Eric Cioe (emeritus), Walt, pyrotigers, irvink (offseason only), and a host of others whom I fail to mention but that I probably argue with less frequently.

*apologies to those that I failed to mention as hating me. I know for sure sabretooth hates me, but the rest of you I suspect probably do but there is still a chance you don't so I'm not just handing that award to you.

Ack!  Can we just settle on "jealous of your "likes" count?"

Living in Vancouver, I'm starved for intelligent baseball discussion. I will keep searching until I find it, but in the meantime I like MTS.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Living in Vancouver, I'm starved for intelligent baseball discussion. I will keep searching until I find it, but in the meantime I like MTS.

the best post of last season was the one where you compared the season itself to a barn cat.  I don't know if you were just riffing or borrowed that from somebody but it really suited my feelings about the moment well.  And if that wasn't you, I'm suffering pre-dementia and should take a strong laxative. 

6 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

the best post of last season was the one where you compared the season itself to a barn cat.  I don't know if you were just riffing or borrowed that from somebody but it really suited my feelings about the moment well.  And if that wasn't you, I'm suffering pre-dementia and should take a strong laxative. 

oops found it

HA!  It was Bert who said it.  You suck Stanley...go back to Russia.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You are just jealous of his avatar.

It's a nice avatar....he stole it from MDMA

There is plenty of intelligent discussion going on in the presidential race thread.

haha. That was a joke.

I stopped caring about the Tigers in mid August during one of those bad periods.  Thats a feeling  I had not stumbled across in decades. And the love and interest just never came back even though they were "in it" until the very last game of the season.  But I'll be back next year after a long winters nap. I find the off-season as boring as others find it exciting. 

8 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I stopped caring about the Tigers in mid August during one of those bad periods.  Thats a feeling  I had not stumbled across in decades. And the love and interest just never came back even though they were "in it" until the very last game of the season.  But I'll be back next year after a long winters nap. I find the off-season as boring as others find it exciting. 

2015 was so much less stressful.   I bought back in by September 2016 that this team might have a run in it. 

September 2009 was the absolute worst.  We bounced back from the horror of 2008 which was us slipping back into Phil Garner/Luis Pujols terror-tory of badness. 

This has been a crazy year for me (and the world, apparently) and I just didn't have the Tigers in the forefront of my thoughts. I really started to hope they would get a little run at the end here and give us all something positive for the next month or so.

Alas. 2016 sucks.

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

I had the same exact experience.  And frankly this off season is going to be (a) boring because there's not much that they can/should do with the roster and (b) frustrating for me because they're probably going to keep Brad.

We'll probably have 85 pages of discussion about the 25th man....yawn.

It was a weird season for me in a way. I got offered a job to come back to New Orleans at the end of April, moved in June, so the team was on my radar just not following like I normally do, when I got back into it it was the last two months of the season which was frustrating. They made it interesting

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk