Sign in to follow this  
Tenacious D

Current Tigers Hall of Fame chances

Current Tiger's chances of making the Hall of Fame?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which current Tigers will make the Hall of Fame after their careers are over?

• Miguel Cabrera
    • Francisco Rodriguez
    • Justin Verlander
    • Ian Kinsler
    • Other

19 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

I won't hold PED use against anyone who used them before baseball had a uniform policy against them.  Yeah.. I know they were illegal ...but that's the man's rules. The man ain't filling out my imaginary HOF ballot.

Pudge was a douche...is there a Massengil wing in Cooperstown?  If not...he can go in the regular wing.

JV and Miggy are easy yes's in my view. 

Great first post.  This guy has potential.  

On 11/21/2016 at 11:43 PM, Chili Mac Davis said:

I heard he took drugs - needle to the rump.

Assuming he gets in, he'd be the first HOF player to wear a Tiger uniform since the great Al Kaline.

But what was with him being "Pudge"? That name was already taken...

That'd be like Yaz calling himself "The Splendid Splinter". Or Fulmer calling himself "Ver". (Not "JV", 'cause Verlander is Ver, not JV. Somebody tell Impemba please!)

looking this over for the first time in a long while, my intention here was to state that Ivan would be the first HOF player to have worn a Tiger uniform on the field since Kaline. Yes, he will wear a Ranger cap for the hall.

On 11/23/2016 at 4:43 PM, tiger337 said:

I did not care for Rodriguez when he was with the Tigers.  I thought he disrespected Trammell and he also seemed to quit on the team in two different seasons.  He  had great talent, but seemed like a douche.  That being said, he does belong in the Hall of Fame.  

Yup, I'll agree with this. Disrespecting Trammell was an issue for me.

He will be in the hall as a Ranger, no question.

i can't think of any former Tigers that have retired that will make it in.  I think there's a chance for Whitaker and Trammell via the veteran's committee.  But the that situation about it.  Ordonez is probably the closest consideration.  He won't be inducted , but even if he did, it would be as that other team.

Yup, I'll agree with this. Disrespecting Trammell was an issue for me.

He will be in the hall as a Ranger, no question.

i can't think of any former Tigers that have retired that will make it in.  I think there's a chance for Whitaker and Trammell via the veteran's committee.  But the that situation about it.  Ordonez is probably the closest consideration.  He won't be inducted , but even if he did, it would be as that other team.

I am not so sure Maggs wouldn't go in as a Tiger if he ever got inducted.

5 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I am not so sure Maggs wouldn't go in as a Tiger if he ever got inducted.

He had an extra season with Chicago and arguably a better career there.  I think his 2006, when taken in the context of what the Tigers did that season, might give an argument for Detroit.  But I think his greater success over the long term was in Chicago.

Plus east coast bias towards socks.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/ordonma01.shtml

25 WAR for Chicago vs 13 for Detroit, just for context. 

I would be the favorite part of his career were in Detroit, with 2006, the crazy hair, etc. He really thrived here socially. But to me he's a White Sock, and probably the case with most. 

It would be interesting to see how baseball fans outside of Detroit and Chicago perceive Ordonez.  Not in terms of the hall of fame, but which team they more closely associate him with.

His end in Chicago was acrimonious and they were our rivals for a few years.  I should ask some of the WSI people what they think.  Sort of like Chelios and the Wings and Blackhawks even though he was traded.  He stayed here, lives here, and works for them.  He goes back to Chicago for stuff and is still liked.