Yoda

Award Predictions

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Neither should sniff first place votes.

Agree, I find it hard to pick a guy with 70 IPs over guys with 200 IPs.  I guess I am speaking more of Miller vs Britton.

Besides NL ROY every award is a nail biter.  I don't know who's winning any of them.  I'm fairly confident in Fulmer for AL ROY and of course Seager for NL but that's it. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Blane Hardy is not a finalist for the Cy Young Award.  I expect an angry letter to be sent to the BBWAA by Mrs. Hardy.

Porcello vs JV is a pretty good measure of  Old-school vs New School numbers loyalty.   

so watch Kluber take it. I had thought it was his to lose in August, but he didn't finish very strong.

I'd like JV to win the vote. But it's a rigged system. East Coast bias on the one hand and racist logos on the other hand, the odds are stacked against my choice.

Lol at JV calling out this O's writer.  The best part is that after this tweet the writer's nephew tweets saying "Uncle Dan you are so much cooler now because Justin Verlander tweeted to you" lol awesome. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Lol at JV calling out this O's writer.  The best part is that after this tweet the writer's nephew tweets saying "Uncle Dan you are so much cooler now because Justin Verlander tweeted to you" lol awesome. 

I'm not so sure that self campaigning is wise, but his use of numerals doing the talking is the way to do it if you're going to advocate for the award.  I definitely don't think I'd have use run support.  Probably wouldn't have included Ws either.  

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

I'm not so sure that self campaigning is wise,

yes - tacky. But the voting is already in the books isn't it?

56 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

yes - tacky. But the voting is already in the books isn't it?

I don't know.  I looked for it on my ballot, but all I saw was politicians and levies.

I have noticed JV has been much more active on social media lately.  Between questioning decisions during the playoffs to campaigning for his CY Young award.  I guess he is preparing to be the attention w hore that he will need to be when he inevitably gets traded to LA.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I guess he is preparing to be the attention w hore that he will need to be when he inevitably gets traded to LA.

POTD!

6 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

to me this Rookie of the year vote will be a chance to see if ECB is real or just imagined by me.    We will know on Tuesday. 

Or maybe people think Sanchez earned it. Small sample but I'd be willing to be players have won it with no more than 13 HR before, and that was over a full season. 

There's enough case to be made that him winning it doesn't prove anything. We have a long history to look at also and there's no ECB to be found there either. 

7 hours ago, Yoda said:

Or maybe people think Sanchez earned it. Small sample but I'd be willing to be players have won it with no more than 13 HR before, and that was over a full season. 

There's enough case to be made that him winning it doesn't prove anything. We have a long history to look at also and there's no ECB to be found there either. 

But if Fulmer was a Yankee and Sanchez was a Tiger all you'd hear about would be Fulmer and they'd say Sanchez didn't play enough and his team didn't contend enough.     And 13 of his 20 home runs came in small ballparks (Yankee Playpen and Fenway-Ortiz Park).   

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But if Fulmer was a Yankee and Sanchez was a Tiger all you'd hear about would be Fulmer and they'd say Sanchez didn't play enough and his team didn't contend enough.     And 13 of his 20 home runs came in small ballparks (Yankee Playpen and Fenway-Ortiz Park).   

None of this means anything. 

Fulmer won! Shockingly no east coast bias. Who would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1