PuNk42AE

9/28/2016: Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers - 7:10 PM

Fulmer works out of it!

Pitch count is an issue, just get through 5. We can find an inning against atlanta (I hope either because we clinched or a game is a blow out)

You don't see somebody get out of a bases loaded nobody out situation very often without the aid of a strikeout or double play.

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

I want Hardy starting the fourth. Or someone else. I don't really care.

I'd still take tonight's Fulmer over Hardy.

At this point I don't care about fulmer's innings. I'm worried that he doesn't look particularly sharp, and is at 70 pitches or something after only three innings. That's a lot of long innings, and long innings make for tired arms.

The delay is probably a blessing. Cut Fulmer off here, and see if you can't get him in for a couple bullpen innings in Atlanta. We'll likely have to throw Zimmerman or Farmer at some point, so it could be a big asset to have him come out of the pen and go 3.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Rain delay. Pull Fulmer now and send him back out Saturday?

EDIT: 70 pitches, he won't be ready by Saturday.

No but, if they are really in a dog fight you might start verlander saturday and Fulmer on Sunday. 

Yeah even without the delay I'd probably have taken Fulmer out.  His velocity was down, command was off and he wasn't getting any bite on the slider.  Just didn't look very good tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Shelton said:

At this point I don't care about fulmer's innings. I'm worried that he doesn't look particularly sharp, and is at 70 pitches or something after only three innings. That's a lot of long innings, and long innings make for tired arms.

I agree

1 minute ago, DubTownTigersFan said:

The delay is probably a blessing. Cut Fulmer off here, and see if you can't get him in for a couple bullpen innings in Atlanta. We'll likely have to throw Zimmerman or Farmer at some point, so it could be a big asset to have him come out of the pen and go 3.

He needs 3 1/3, so that's not your typical relief appearance.  And certainly not the equivalent to throwing a side session.  That's not likely in the cards unless we are eliminated from the play-offs, and probably only then if they can get the opportunity to make it happen on Saturday or Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, ballmich said:

He needs 3 1/3, so that's not your typical relief appearance.  And certainly not the equivalent to throwing a side session.  That's not likely in the cards unless we are eliminated from the play-offs,

Let's think positive here, when we win tonight and tomorrow and Baltimore and Seattle lose out, sunday will be a free game. Fulmer can start and throw 3 1/3 and we'll hold off Verlander for Tuesady. 

Tigers lead!! If I was confident we could pitch 2 shutout innings I would encourage the Tigers to quickly make outs and make this game legal.