PuNk42AE

9/26/2016: Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers - 7:10 PM

CtO6yoMVUAAbhz1.jpg:large

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is the...

CLEVELAND INDIANS

versus the

DETROIT TIGERS

ph_446372.jpg

Corey Kluber (10-11, 5.25)

Kluber struck out nine, allowed two runs and logged 6 1/3 innings vs. K.C. on Wednesday. The AL Cy Young Award contender is 10-1 with a 2.32 ERA in his past 14 turns, and he is 3-0 with a 1.88 ERA vs. Detroit this year.

ph_571656.jpg

Buck Farmer (6-4, 4.16)

Farmer gets another chance to show his stuff after his previous start was rained out in the third inning of a scoreless game last Wednesday at Minnesota. He went 5-6 with a 4.32 ERA in 20 starts for Triple-A Toledo.

CtOum_-VYAAhkaj.jpg:large

abandon-all-hope-ye-who-enter-here-pirat

Lineup vs. CLE: Kinsler 4, Maybin 8, Cabrera 3, V. Martinez DH, J. Martinez 9, Upton 7, Aybar 5, McCann 2, Iglesias 6. Farmer starts

If we are gonna lose, do it in the 3rd, 4th inning. Don't rip my heart out in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and 2 strikes......

12 minutes ago, THECATMAC said:

Don't rip my heart out in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and 2 strikes......

Clearly he didn't have it that day.

Kluber vs. Farmer lol this is just the matchup we need after 2 heartbreaking losses.   If Cleveland was smart they would just let us win so we can get into the playoffs and they can humiliate us there. 

• Like 1

I'd be depressed about the Tigers' predicament if not for the facts that the Lions have a shutdown defense this year and Ken Holland made a flurry of offseason moves that have made the Wings a Cup contender again.

I'll say this at least, if the Tigers can steal this game, we have the pitching advantage in each of the remaining games this series, so a 3-1 series win would not be too hard.

Even if we lose tonight, the matchups are there to take the next three.

Feels like being down 0-1 in a best of five series right now.

31 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I'd be depressed about the Tigers' predicament if not for the facts that the Lions have a shutdown defense this year and Ken Holland made a flurry of offseason moves that have made the Wings a Cup contender again.

This. Definitely this.

xD

:dead:

It's a sad time to be a Detroit sports fan right now.  The Tigers obviously have a legit shot at the playoffs but other than them there isn't much hope.  The Pistons are on the rise but its not like they are going to contend for a championship anytime soon with the super teams being built in the NBA and the Wings are a long ways away.  Then of course there's the Lions.lol

With the season likely a week from being over, I'm feeling nostalgic. So I had this question. Who is your favorite Tigers player all time?

It's a tricky question for me. I didn't follow the team closely until 2000. I remember tram and Lou and the great catcher Matt nokes, but I don't really "remember" them aside from being players that were on the local team.

So starting from 2000 on, I'm having a hard time choosing. Part of me wants to pick one of the guys around during the rebirth of competitive baseball. But the only answer to that is inge. Maybe bonderman. Verlander never went through the lows. Pudge was a mercenary. Maggs, too.

I think I lean toward verlander.

Cabrera is amazing, but he showed up in 2008.

Part of me wants to pick a guy that is retired, but that takes me back to inge. Although I do still love bonderman.

As a kid Tram was definitely my favorite because I had his number in tee ball and the 5 or 6 year old me thought it was so cool.  I liked him ever since.  After him I grew a liking to Mickey Tettleton, I just loved his stance and he just looked like a bad@ss to me.   Then around high school I grew a liking to Damian Easley.  Didn't really have many other guys to really like on those Tigers teams and since he played 2B like me and was an All Star at one point I grew a liking to him.

But of course my all time favorite is Verlander.   Not only has he been the best Tigers pitcher I've ever seen but I love the fact that he has been here his entire career.  I remember when he was drafted(I was mad cause I wanted Weaver, glad that didn't happen) and following him in the minors.  Then seeing him help lead the resurgence of the Tigers and win Cy Youngs and MVPs along the way was just awesome.  As bad as last year was for the Tigers it wasn't a total wash for me because the return of Justin Verlander.  Same for this year, just watching him pitch when he is on is something I will never forget. 

Mine would have to be from '68, but it's hard to pick one with so many characters on that team. Tram and Verlander are right up there though. Tram in his best years had a certain energy level that you could see ramp up in his ABs. He always waggled his bat but when he was hot, that waggle increased in intensity and you knew he was going to square something up. Verlander is probably the purest power pitcher since Ryan and watching that never gets old. But I think all time I come down at Freehan. Great defender, way underrated hitter, student of the game and class guy. And very sad that dementia has claimed him.

There have been a few players that I liked so much that I could be not too disappointed after a loss as long as that player added to his stats.  Horton, LeFlore, Gibson, Cecil Fielder...and Juan Encarnacion,.  Seriously I followed his results religiously from the time that he was playing in Fayetteville.

All-time favourite is still Horton.

As soon as I heard the Indians picked up Crisp I just knew at some point he was gonna hurt us.  He seemingly always does.

Outside of Miggy...  Tram when I was a kid. Even ran into him a few time cause he lived close to me. Recently its Maggs for me. I really don't consider him a merc since he was injured and the sux didn't want him anymore. Just loved his style. 

Down and in to the lefty. What a surprise it went a long way. 

2 games back with 6 to go. Going to take a 5-1 finish and some help. 

47 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

There have been a few players that I liked so much that I could be not too disappointed after a loss as long as that player added to his stats.  Horton, LeFlore, Gibson, Cecil Fielder...and Juan Encarnacion,.  Seriously I followed his results religiously from the time that he was playing in Fayetteville.

All-time favourite is still Horton.

Can't remember if it was '94 or '95  but we saw Encarnacion in Fayetteville. That was the only game we ever saw in Fayetteville. Houston is putting a High A team there next year and Fayetteville is getting a brand new park.