DT Cullen Jenkins not injury related not listed NP FP  
C Spencer Long knee LP FP FP  
LB Trent Murphy shoulder/knee LP FP FP  
CB Josh Norman wrist FP FP FP  
CB Dashaun Phillips hamstring FP FP FP  
LB Martrell Spaight shoulder FP FP FP  
T Trent Williams knee LP FP FP  

* Redskins WR Josh Doctson was placed on Reserve/Injured Friday

Levy isn't playing?  I can't believe that.  

He has an inflamed sense of moral outrage.

2 people like this

On 9/21/2016 at 5:22 PM, EchO said:

No, he started every game. I can't bash Mayhew or anyone for this happening. While I didn't love the pick (I actually wanted Jay Ajayi and Thomas Rawls late in the draft...although Ajayi looks to be head case and a 5th round bust) there was no early indication of injury risk.

Guess Ajayi got his head right and now is just dominating for Miami. Back to back 200+ yard games. If he can stay healthy and get out of his own way he could very well be the steal of the draft.

21 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

strange they won't put Levy on IR. 

I loved Ajayi 

Rumor is that Levy has been cleared by team doctors but no by personal doctors but is close.

The slay injury is huge. Hopkins will eat these CBS alive.

On 10/25/2016 at 8:34 AM, MAROTH4MVP said:

Rumor is that Levy has been cleared by team doctors but no by personal doctors but is close.

The slay injury is huge. Hopkins will eat these CBS alive.

You'd think, but he has sucked

The Lions need all the healthy bodies they can get.  Getting Riddick back would be huge for Stafford and more importantly, keep Zenner away from being an every down back.  Ebron was starting to break out before his injury so hopefully he picks up where he left off and the Lions have been getting shredded in the run game so Ngata should help shore that up a bit.  Every little bit helps.

POS. NAME INJURY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY STATUS
OL Joe Dahl Illness NP      
WR Marvin Jones Jr. Not injury related NP      
LB DeAndre Levy Knee/Quad NP      
T Riley Reiff Illness NP      
T Corey Robinson Ankle NP      
CB Darius Slay Hamstring NP      
TE Eric Ebron Ankle/Knee LP      
DT Haloti Ngata Shoulder LP      
RB Theo Riddick Ankle LP      
RB Dwayne Washington Ankle FP      

Houston Texans

POS. NAME INJURY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY STATUS
S Corey Moore Concussion NP      
T Derek Newton Knee NP      
LB Brian Peters Quad NP      
S Lonnie Ballentine Knee/Oblique LP      
DE Jadeveon Clowney Elbow LP      
RB Lamar Miller Shoulder LP      
G Oday Aboushi Shoulder FP      
C Greg Mancz Knee FP      
QB Brock Osweiler Foot FP

On 10/24/2016 at 9:47 AM, Nastradamus said:

strange they won't put Levy on IR. 

What would the reason be?  Social justice-itis?

I am with Buddha, seems like Levy has no interest in playing football again.  Got his money, now he is done. 

Can't really prove it.  Best of both worlds for Levy, gets his money while others think he genuinely cares about playing football. 

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

Can't really prove it.  Best of both worlds for Levy, gets his money while others think he genuinely cares about playing football. 

He's on the injured report with a knee injury regardless of whether true or not and he still gets paid on IR, so this doesn't really work. 

IDK if his heart is in the game, but I think if he wasn't putting in any effort to rehab and what not, the Lions would be pretty pissed and probably would make sure the news got to the public. 

Levy is actually hurt and the Lions are jerks for giving zero information or lying to the media about every benching/injury. They should just say what's wrong with him. If he was actually healthy and just refusing to play the team would not protect him.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

I am with Buddha, seems like Levy has no interest in playing football again.  Got his money, now he is done. 

**** has frozen over.

Levy is actually hurt and the Lions are jerks for giving zero information or lying to the media about every benching/injury. They should just say what's wrong with him. If he was actually healthy and just refusing to play the team would not protect him.

In accordance with NFL rules, the Lions reported that he is out, stating he has a quadriceps injury. The franchise is required to provide "credible, accurate, and specific" injury information, or face fines (which I think are as much as $20k per misreport). They are not obligated to give any more information than that, and that's all they should give. It is strange to say they are "jerks" for not sharing more information. There is no upside for them to tell, only downside.

If anyone is at fault, it is Levy. I understand the team tells players not to comment on injuries, but if he is really concerned to get the "truth" out there, to contradict these reports that question his integrity, he has an agent who can leak the "truth" to the media. Problem solved.

If there is a secret here, the most credible conjecture I have heard is that team doctors have cleared him but his own doctors have not. If I'm Levy, that's a falsehood I would nip in the bud... if it was false. He got paid and has barely played a down since. He's starting to look like a punk, and a sanctimonious one at that.

4 hours ago, Jason_R said:

In accordance with NFL rules, the Lions reported that he is out, stating he has a quadriceps injury. The franchise is required to provide "credible, accurate, and specific" injury information, or face fines (which I think are as much as $20k per misreport). They are not obligated to give any more information than that, and that's all they should give. It is strange to say they are "jerks" for not sharing more information. There is no upside for them to tell, only downside.

If anyone is at fault, it is Levy. I understand the team tells players not to comment on injuries, but if he is really concerned to get the "truth" out there, to contradict these reports that question his integrity, he has an agent who can leak the "truth" to the media. Problem solved.

If there is a secret here, the most credible conjecture I have heard is that team doctors have cleared him but his own doctors have not. If I'm Levy, that's a falsehood I would nip in the bud... if it was false. He got paid and has barely played a down since. He's starting to look like a punk, and a sanctimonious one at that.

What is the downside to telling the truth about his injury? They could end all of the stupid fan chatter simply by saying 'he has a <injury name> sustained in <game/practice/mountain climbing accident> and will be out <time>

It shouldn't be the player's responsibility to risk being fined by the team (which the Lions say they will do to players discussing injuries) and have his agent leak secrets to the press. Just let the team tell the truth and get on with it. There's nothing stopping them from doing it, and zero risk for them to do so, that's not the case for Levy.

And if he was not actually hurt and refused to play, they would absolutely suspend him and stop paying him. If NFL players could just say 'meh, I don't feel like playing any more' and collect their (non guaranteed) millions of dollars, a crapload of guys would be doing that. Not just one Lions linebacker.

But you know, Golden Tate was phased out due to the 'gameplan' and Laken Tomlinson was hurt, not benched, which is a mysterious coincidence that also saw him lose his starting job, and oh, what's wrong with all of the Lions other injured players? Check the report. I'm Jim Caldwell, and I won't give the press the most basic of information because my incredible in depth coaching stratagems are just too next level for you to understand. *Strokes chin, forgets to use timeout*

51 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

But you know, Golden Tate was phased out due to the 'gameplan' and Laken Tomlinson was hurt, not benched, which is a mysterious coincidence that also saw him lose his starting job, and oh, what's wrong with all of the Lions other injured players? Check the report. I'm Jim Caldwell, and I won't give the press the most basic of information because my incredible in depth coaching stratagems are just too next level for you to understand. *Strokes chin, forgets to use timeout*

As a reporter, I completely understand why you would feel this way. It makes it harder for them to do their jobs and all. 

As a fan, its a strange take to me. He doesn't like throwing his players under the bus in public, but is willing to act when a player needs to be benched, even if they're someone we've invested in somewhat heavily. That's a bad thing?  As for injuries, I don't know how impactfull it is, but I think most coaches believe injury information is an advantage for your opponents. Belichick is famous for his similar strategy in this department. 

59 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

What is the downside to telling the truth about his injury? They could end all of the stupid fan chatter simply by saying 'he has a <injury name> sustained in <game/practice/mountain climbing accident> and will be out <time>

It shouldn't be the player's responsibility to risk being fined by the team (which the Lions say they will do to players discussing injuries) and have his agent leak secrets to the press. Just let the team tell the truth and get on with it. There's nothing stopping them from doing it, and zero risk for them to do so, that's not the case for Levy.

And if he was not actually hurt and refused to play, they would absolutely suspend him and stop paying him. If NFL players could just say 'meh, I don't feel like playing any more' and collect their (non guaranteed) millions of dollars, a crapload of guys would be doing that. Not just one Lions linebacker.

Why do they care to end fan chatter?