Tigeraholic1

Lions Injury Report

242 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, nd1377 said:

This is not good news. The RB position could be in major trouble. Is Mike James ready and is he going to actually play? 

All aboard the Zach Zenner train!!  Woot!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Really not good news at all for the injuries no matter what.

Well, the Ansah being back is a good thing... He's probably the one person returning that could make the biggest impact (no pun intended) right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedRamage said:

All aboard the Zach Zenner train!!  Woot!!

So you are saying we have Zenner and a couple dudes, James and Forsett, that are not great? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nd1377 said:

So you are saying we have Zenner and a couple dudes, James and Forsett, that are not great? 

All I'm saying is that usually when I see a double Z on the screen it usually means I'm seeing something very... interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedRamage said:

All I'm saying is that usually when I see a double Z on the screen it usually means I'm seeing something very... interesting.

So do I......Future Hall of Famer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Lions will probably be playing without their top 2 RBs, top interior DL, top DE(I don't expect Ansah to play), top LB and top TE.   Yet when they inevitably lose they will get no sympathy.  But if they beat a team that was missing guys like that the first thing people would say would be "They beat up on an injured team", ie the Colts game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really hoping this is the game we look back on & see as the launching point of Zach Zenner's career, the game where he made the most of his opportunity & parlayed into a 10 year career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, djhutch said:

I'm really hoping this is the game we look back on & see as the launching point of Zach Zenner's career, the game where he made the most of his opportunity & parlayed into a 10 year career.

For some reason, when I see him run the ball it seems as if he runs high and could get destroyed on any play. I guess it just brings back memories of his major injury last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, how 'bout that Zenner?

Okay, okay... I don't expect him to be a feature back or anything, but he had a solid performance.  58 yards on 14 attempts... good for a 4.1 yards per attempt rushing average.  Also have two receptions for 19 yards.

I think Zenner has good potential to be a backup/change of pace type of back.

I would like to see better results from him in short yardage situations, but part of that is on the OL too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did well, I owe him some credit. I always liked him, but he had let me down a few times this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So, how 'bout that Zenner?

Okay, okay... I don't expect him to be a feature back or anything, but he had a solid performance.  58 yards on 14 attempts... good for a 4.1 yards per attempt rushing average.  Also have two receptions for 19 yards.

I think Zenner has good potential to be a backup/change of pace type of back.

I would like to see better results from him in short yardage situations, but part of that is on the OL too.

Surprisingly, he had exactly the same stats as Gurley - 14 and 58. Solid performance. Still need some more healthy bodies at that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lions vs. Redskins - Week 7 ATI Injury Report

Detroit Lions

POS. NAME INJURY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY STATUS
TE Eric Ebron Ankle/Knee NP      
LB DeAndre Levy Knee/Quad NP      
DT Haloti Ngata Shoulder NP      
RB Theo Riddick Ankle NP      
DE Ezekiel Ansah Ankle LP      
G Larry Warford Groin LP      
RB Dwayne Washington Ankle LP      

Washington Redskins

POS. NAME INJURY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY STATUS
WR Josh Doctson Achilles NP      
WR DeSean Jackson Shoulder NP      
DE Chris Baker Knee/Toe LP      
S Su'a Cravens Concussion LP      
C Spencer Long Knee LP      
LB Trent Murphy Shoulder/Knee LP      
TE Jordan Reed Concussion LP      
T Trent Williams Knee LP      
CB Josh Norman Wrist FP      
CB Dashaun Phillips Hamstring FP      
LB Martrell Spaight Shoulder FP  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They haven't put Levy on IR, wonder what the deal is. He was probably still our best LB week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2016 at 3:38 PM, Jason_R said:

Surprisingly, he had exactly the same stats as Gurley - 14 and 58. Solid performance. Still need some more healthy bodies at that position.

Though 20 yards on a draw play, 13/39 on the rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zenner to me is a guy who is good out of the backfield (but Riddick is way better) and good on draws/inside power runs with any sort of blocking, but he doesn't have the speed to get around the edge.

I would say his greatest strength is that it seems if the O-Line opens a hole, he has no problem running through an arm tackle or two and turning 5 yards into 12, but he's obviously lacking the explosive ability to make things out of nothing.

I could see him being quite good on a team with a very strong o-line, but ideally he'd definitely be your #3 RB type who gets a couple of carries a game. Good performance for a guy like that, but they really need Abdullah to stay healthy or for Washington to be the real deal as the #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pyrotigers said:

Zenner to me is a guy who is good out of the backfield (but Riddick is way better) and good on draws/inside power runs with any sort of blocking, but he doesn't have the speed to get around the edge.

I would say his greatest strength is that it seems if the O-Line opens a hole, he has no problem running through an arm tackle or two and turning 5 yards into 12, but he's obviously lacking the explosive ability to make things out of nothing.

I could see him being quite good on a team with a very strong o-line, but ideally he'd definitely be your #3 RB type who gets a couple of carries a game. Good performance for a guy like that, but they really need Abdullah to stay healthy or for Washington to be the real deal as the #1.

IT bothers me that he's our power back and seems unable to get short yardage. Maybe its the OL, but his running doesndt seem good in those scenarios. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

IT bothers me that he's our power back and seems unable to get short yardage. Maybe its the OL, but his running doesndt seem good in those scenarios. 

Yeah it doesn't appear he can get out of the backfield without a lot of help. Pretty decent runner if he gets to the second level though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

IT bothers me that he's our power back and seems unable to get short yardage. Maybe its the OL, but his running doesndt seem good in those scenarios. 

I don't think he has the burst to be good in short yardage situations really. I know the stereotype is a big brusing guy, but it's tough for any back to run through DTs. I think you need a guy who just gets to the line of scrimmage fast and then can fall forward with his o-line. I don't think he does that very well. He seems to run quite well on slower developing plays where he can get up to speed and then run through linebackers/safeties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Looking like Washington might be ready for Sunday.

Like other posters have pointed out in the past, he seems to get hurt a lot. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and contribute. I love his speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Though 20 yards on a draw play, 13/39 on the rest

Those 20 yards count.

I'm not a Zenner fan boy, but it would have been hard to believe before the game that he would equal Gurley's output. Good for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jason_R said:

Those 20 yards count.

I'm not a Zenner fan boy, but it would have been hard to believe before the game that he would equal Gurley's output. Good for him.

 You wanna give him a gold star for his production, fine. You want to evaluate how effective a player he is, you need context. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 You wanna give him a gold star for his production, fine. You want to evaluate how effective a player he is, you need context. 

Go back and read my first post and realize you are boxing a shadow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now