Tigeraholic1

Lions Injury Report

242 posts in this topic

Abdulla to the IR.      Forward Down The Field..................................Get ready for the Zach Attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oy... I'm starting to think Abdulla is going to be an injury bust.  Did he has injury history in College?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that sucks. He was looking good. Kid has some special ability as a runner. Could be back in 8 weeks, but not good either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RedRamage said:

Oy... I'm starting to think Abdulla is going to be an injury bust.  Did he has injury history in College?

No, he started every game. I can't bash Mayhew or anyone for this happening. While I didn't love the pick (I actually wanted Jay Ajayi and Thomas Rawls late in the draft...although Ajayi looks to be head case and a 5th round bust) there was no early indication of injury risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Abdulla to the IR.      Forward Down The Field..................................Get ready for the Zach Attack. 

Or Washington attack. I think Washington may be ahead of Zenner on the depth chart given that Washington played/dressed for the first game and Zenner didn't. I think I read today that the Lions worked out Joique Bell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But Zach Attack just sounds better.   

 

Would you consider Ray Rice?

 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/21/source-lions-wont-be-signing-ray-rice/

The way I see it, Ray Rice isn't going to get us to the playoffs so the backlash we would receive isn't worth it...if he were the last piece of the puzzle I could see the Lions signing him.

I obviously don't agree at all with what he did and I would personally never hit a woman, but I also don't believe that sports franchises need to be filled with boy scouts either...so I personally don't mind teams signing guys with off-the-field issues even though I would never want to personally associate myself with them. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafting skilled players in the 2nd round has been a curse for us.  Leshoure, Titus, Broyles, Best(technically a 1st rounder but we traded our 2nd round pick for him) and now Abdullah.  I feel like I'm missing somebody else too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nd1377 said:

Or Washington attack. I think Washington may be ahead of Zenner on the depth chart given that Washington played/dressed for the first game and Zenner didn't. I think I read today that the Lions worked out Joique Bell. 

I think I'm going to refer to Washington was 625...  It's easier to say (and type).  Here's the reasoning:

  1. Washington came out of Washington, so that's Washington twice, or squared.
  2. George Washington is on the quarter.
  3. A quarter is worth 25 cents.
  4. 25 cents x 25 cents is $6.25
  5. Therefore: 625

Who's with me??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EchO said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/21/source-lions-wont-be-signing-ray-rice/

The way I see it, Ray Rice isn't going to get us to the playoffs so the backlash we would receive isn't worth it...if he were the last piece of the puzzle I could see the Lions signing him.

I obviously don't agree at all with what he did and I would personally never hit a woman, but I also don't believe that sports franchises need to be filled with boy scouts either...so I personally don't mind teams signing guys with off-the-field issues even though I would never want to personally associate myself with them. 

Radio was talking about this last night on the drive home.  Apparently Rice has done everything you could ask of a guy who hit a woman: Showed contrition, admitted the program, sought counseling, speaking out against it now.  Not sure if that is enough to rehab his image, but not sure he could do much more than he has already done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Radio was talking about this last night on the drive home.  Apparently Rice has done everything you could ask of a guy who hit a woman: Showed contrition, admitted the program, sought counseling, speaking out against it now.  Not sure if that is enough to rehab his image, but not sure he could do much more than he has already done.

Plus Ray Rice will do the following:

Quote

"If Ray Rice gets a chance to return to the NFL this season, every game check he earns would go towards combating the issue that took him out of the league....."

".....“Me donating my salary is something that’ll be from the heart for me. I only want to play football so I can end it the right way for my kids and for the people that really believed in me. But I know there’s a lot of people affected by domestic violence, and every dollar helps. It’s raising awareness"......"

Ray Rice will Donate all Money Earned to Charity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Drafting skilled players in the 2nd round has been a curse for us.  Leshoure, Titus, Broyles, Best(technically a 1st rounder but we traded our 2nd round pick for him) and now Abdullah.  I feel like I'm missing somebody else too. 

Is LB considered a skill position?  Van Noy hasn't done much yet.

Slay is having a questionable year so far, though it's still early.

Delmas in 2009 was good, though he was a bit injury prone too.

Dizon, another LB, in 2008 was a bust.

In 2007 we have three picks in the second:

  1. Drew Stanton... meh
  2. IAF, not really a skill position, but he was okay.
  3. Safety Gerald Alexander... bust.

2006: Safety Daniel Bullocks... bust.

2005: Shaun Cody, DT... not a skill position

2004: Teddy Lehman, LB, meh.

2003: Boss Baily, LB... had promise, but more injury issues.

I think you have to go back to Germaine Crowell in 1998 to get a second round skill position that had a decent career with the Lions.  Now, there were some non-skill positions that did okay or even decent. but it is sorta interesting that second round isn't typically a good round for the Lions.

To be fair, most second round picks don't end up being super stars, I'm sure.  But for the Lions, you need to go back to 1992 to find a super star player the Lions drafted in the second round.  And in what would seem to be perfectly typical "Lions being Lions", that super star player was.... Jason Hanson.  A kicker.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedRamage said:

Radio was talking about this last night on the drive home.  Apparently Rice has done everything you could ask of a guy who hit a woman: Showed contrition, admitted the program, sought counseling, speaking out against it now.  Not sure if that is enough to rehab his image, but not sure he could do much more than he has already done.

I completely agree, but I don't think we're a good situation for him nor do I think he's a huge upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
POS. NAME INJURY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY STATUS
DE Ezekiel Ansah Ankle NP NP NP Out
LB DeAndre Levy Quad NP NP NP Out
CB Adairius Barnes Ankle LP LP FP Questionable
TE Eric Ebron Ankle NP LP FP Questionable
DE Wallace Gilberry Abdomen NP LP FP Questionable
WR Marvin Jones Jr. Hamstring Not listed LP FP Questionable
T Riley Reiff Ankle LP LP FP Questionable
DE Devin Taylor Ankle LP LP LP Questionable
LB Antwione Williams Hamstring NP LP LP Questionable
S Tavon Wilson Neck LP LP LP Questionable

Chicago Bears

POS. NAME INJURY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY STATUS
RB Ka'Deem Carey Hamstring NP NP NP Doubtful
QB Jay Cutler Right thumb LP NP NP Doubtful
DL Eddie Goldman Ankle NP NP NP Doubtful
RB Jeremy Langford Ankle NP NP NP Doubtful 
LB Danny Trevathan Thumb NP NP NP Doubtful 
DL Jonathan Bullard Toe LP LP LP Questionable
WR Alshon Jeffery Knee LP LP LP Questionable
DB Harold Jones-Quartey Concussion NP LP FP Questionable
DB Sherrick McManis Hamstring LP LP LP Questionable
DB Tracy Porter Knee LP LP LP Questionable
G Josh Sitton Shoulder LP LP LP Questionable
LB Willie Young Knee LP LP LP Questionable
LB Jerrell Freeman Ribs LP FP FP  
DB Jacoby Glenn Not injury related Not listed NP FP  
G Kyle Long Shoulder LP FP FP  
DT Mitch Unrein Knee LP FP FP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So anyone have odds on whether we will ever see DeAndre Levy again ?    Sign a big contract , barely one game plus , already laying the ground work for early retirement , seems more attention with headlines than play ...another Lions fiasco ...it is a wonder any player ever stays in the organization!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN ticker is claiming Ngata is out for 2-3 weeks. Not a good thing when he is a big body clogging the line and the Lions are playing against Todd Gurley. 

Ansah is now back at practice. 

Lions Injury Report

Quote

.....While Ansah was back, the Lions practiced today without seven key players: linebacker DeAndre Levy, defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, tight end Eric Ebron, guard Laken Tomlinson, wide receiver Anquan Boldin and running backs Theo Riddick and Dwayne Washington......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very large old people are probably going to be fragile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sagnam said:

Very large old people are probably going to be fragile.

I resemble that remark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Ansah taking part in open Lions practice again today. Tomlinson & Boldin also back. No Ngata, Levy, Ebron, Riddick, Warford or Washington.

This is not good news. The RB position could be in major trouble. Is Mike James ready and is he going to actually play? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      94,994
    • Total Posts
      2,633,785
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      6,431
    • Most Online
      590

    Newest Member
    charli3
    Joined
  • Who's Online (See full list)