tiger337

2016 Fan Scouting Report

Tom Tango is now conducting his 14th annual fan scouting report on fielding skills. The results of this survey are a very valuable resource. Some of the results will show up at FanGraphs and in The Bill James Handbook. So, I'm encouraging all knowledgeable fans who watch a lot of Detroit Tigers games to participate. Many fans on this site participated in past years and said it was fun and it only takes a few minutes.

The survey asks fans to rate the fielding skills of players on their favorite teams just based on observation. You will be asked not to use any stats at all and also not to vote based on what somebody else told you. Just use your own eyes as if you were a scout. The results were very interesting and informative last year but a large sample size is needed in order for them to be useful again this year. You can participate here:

http://tangotiger.net/scout/

I like how Iglesias is the best rated for the Tigers at 69 and the Cubs have 4 guys better with Heyward @ 82 on the top.

They have 124 who responded and we only have 7 right now.

43 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I like how Iglesias is the best rated for the Tigers at 69 and the Cubs have 4 guys better with Heyward @ 82 on the top.

They have 124 who responded and we only have 7 right now.

yes, 7 is not enough.  Let's get going!

• Like 1