RedRamage

Ebron Tracker

7 minutes ago, hardyaf said:

The answer to this question is easy. How many catches/yards/TDs is Aaron Donald on pace for?  

Very hard to judge this early into the year, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be equal to Ebron's QB pressures/Sacks/Tackle for Loss numbers.

3 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Very hard to judge this early into the year, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be equal to Ebron's QB pressures/Sacks/Tackle for Loss numbers.

So you are saying they are equal players ;)

4 minutes ago, hardyaf said:

So you are saying they are equal players ;)

What kind of stat line and also impact on the field would you want to see from Ebron that would make you say he was the better choice than Donald?

8 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

What kind of stat line and also impact on the field would you want to see from Ebron that would make you say he was the better choice than Donald?

I wasn't trying to bring this up again. I was just trying to poke fun at the thread because I think it's stupid to rate Ebron's quality as a player based on Donald's quality of a player.

2 minutes ago, hardyaf said:

I wasn't trying to bring this up again. I was just trying to poke fun at the thread because I think it's stupid to rate Ebron's quality as a player based on Donald's quality of a player.

Yeah, it isn't a good comparison. Neither would comparing him to all the stellar wide outs drafted that year. It's just in a sports fans nature to do this.  Myself, I was never on the Donald bandwagon so it would be erroneous of me to say "boy I wish we had taken Donald." I had wanted one of either Darqueze Denard or Watkins/Evans/Lee/OBJ to fall to us.

It seems like Matt is starting to really develop a connection with Marvin.  That could develop hinder Ebron's numbers.  But to me it isn't so much about his raw numbers, as long as he's efficient with them I'll be ok with it.  If he makes plays when it's thrown to him thats all you can really ask for.  Assuming its not because he can't get open you can't fault him if he doesn't get the targets because of Tate and Jones. 

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It seems like Matt is starting to really develop a connection with Marvin.  That could develop hinder Ebron's numbers.  But to me it isn't so much about his raw numbers, as long as he's efficient with them I'll be ok with it.  If he makes plays when it's thrown to him thats all you can really ask for.  Assuming its not because he can't get open you can't fault him if he doesn't get the targets because of Tate and Jones. 

Ebron had his most yards and targets of the year on Marvin's 200 yard day. I think he has a role to play regardless of the WRs. 

On 9/26/2016 at 11:13 PM, Nastradamus said:

I'd prefer he get back on an 8 or so TD pace, but the rest is good. 12 ypc. Not elite, but just fine. 

Just my opinion, but I think TDs are too dependent on factors outside of a receivers control.  For example, he should have had one in the Titans game but the refs called a very ticky-tacky foul on him which nullified it.  Give him that TD and he's on pace for 10+ TDs.

As Randy Marsh said, assuming it's not because he can't get open, he can't control the play calling or where Stafford decided to throw.

That being said, he CAN control if he hangs on to the damn ball.  That INT really should be called a forced fumble against Ebron rather than an INT against Stafford.  I know according to the rules its an INT and I'm not calling for it to be officially changed or anything, but that's only an INT because Ebron let the ball get pulled out of his hands.

3 hours ago, RedRamage said:

Just my opinion, but I think TDs are too dependent on factors outside of a receivers control.  For example, he should have had one in the Titans game but the refs called a very ticky-tacky foul on him which nullified it.  Give him that TD and he's on pace for 10+ TDs.

As Randy Marsh said, assuming it's not because he can't get open, he can't control the play calling or where Stafford decided to throw.

That being said, he CAN control if he hangs on to the damn ball.  That INT really should be called a forced fumble against Ebron rather than an INT against Stafford.  I know according to the rules its an INT and I'm not calling for it to be officially changed or anything, but that's only an INT because Ebron let the ball get pulled out of his hands.

Yes, that was his screw up. Other than that he's gone 8 or 9 games without a drop though, so there's some good news there. 

TDs can be flukey at times, but for the most part, WRs with talent and/or size score TDs. You can score 8 TDs once and have it be a fluke, but a good receiving TE will consistently score TEs and its a major factor if he cant'. 

Ebron can't block and he has already been directly responsible for a turnover. Now he's hurt again. I can't say it's a very inspiring start. If there was ever a time for him to step up it was this season with Tate providing nothing, and he hasn't.

The Lions have Jones and no one in the passing game

I've just never been a fan of this guy, let alone the pick. Pettigrew was a far better player his first few years than this complete waste of a first rounder

7 receptions for 92 yards today.  Nice production... seemed like every other offense play he was getting the ball, making some nice catches and some hard yac as well.  Great game for Ebron.

8 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

7 receptions for 92 yards today.  Nice production... seemed like every other offense play he was getting the ball, making some nice catches and some hard yac as well.  Great game for Ebron.

he had one that I thought he should have had for 1st down in the 1st half I think it was. The ball was up and in front of him and he just seemed to alligator arm it a bit when he should have had it, but that seemed to be his worst of his day.

9 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

I think his 16 game pace would be somewhere around 80 and 1000 

85.3 and 1016 to be exact.  Seeing as the NFL record for TE receptions in a season is 110 (Witten, 2012) and the NFL record for yards by a TE in a season is 1327 (Gronk, 2011), I'd say Ebron is certainly putting up numbers so far this season that you'd expect to see from a First Round Draft pick.

Of course it's way to early to say he's "lived up" to his selection... first he has to be able to stay healthy, then he has to put up numbers like this... for a full season... multiple seasons.  But, right now, he's actually looking like a first round draft pick.

This thread reminds me of the Stafford thread of a couple of years ago. Both have upper echelon talent that takes time, health and the right circumstances to fully evolve.

17 hours ago, Longgone said:

This thread reminds me of the Stafford thread of a couple of years ago. Both have upper echelon talent that takes time, health and the right circumstances to fully evolve.

Agreed.  Ebron is on his way to being an elite TE in the NFL.  And the 3rd season is often when they start to really show their potential.  Ebron has probably been our most sure handed receiver this season as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Ebron is fine when he is healthy. But he is hurt for weeks at a time. That has to factor in with his value along with drops.

Yes, but his drops keep going down every year. Agreed on the injuries