Sign in to follow this  
RedRamage

Teddy Bridgewater out for 2016 Season

Torn ACL in the left leg.

You think there's any chance we could Trade Dan-O to them if we throw in a third round pick?

It was supposed to be a bit of a joke... They'd take Dan off our hands, we'd send 'em a 3rd round for their troubles.

I was reading an article earlier from 3rd party Doctors that said that with that type of injury there is a relatively good chance that he could've lost his leg if the training staff didn't act so fast.  That's just crazy. 

I also heard some chatter from conspiracy theorists that say that it wasn't a "non contact" injury but the Vikings are just saying that because they don't want to deal with the backlash of their star QB getting injured because of a hit in practice.  Don't know what to make of that but I'm sure it's b.s. 

On 9/1/2016 at 11:34 AM, Nastradamus said:

Curious what they do here. Sanchez? Kaep? Bradford? The latter probably costs too much. 

Bradford it is!  And yes, it was expensive.  1st round from 2017 and 4th from 2018.  The Eagles are picking up $11 million of his contract, but still not having the 2017 pick... ouch.

Around the draft the Eagles were looking for two 2nd rounders, so got about their asking price.

Also rumor is now that Wentz is starting and not Daniels.

On 9/3/2016 at 11:49 AM, RedRamage said:

Bradford it is!  And yes, it was expensive.  1st round from 2017 and 4th from 2018.  The Eagles are picking up $11 million of his contract, but still not having the 2017 pick... ouch.

I couldn't believe it when I saw they traded the 1st rounder for Bradford.  I hope he starts, the vikings will struggle to score.  Their defense is good, but is it enough to cover for the likely poor offense?  I think not.  And no 1st rounder next year, what a bad week for the vikings. 

I have a friend who's a Vikings fan.  He's convinced that the Vikings were SB contenders before Bridgewater went down.  He's also convinced that with Bradford, they're right back in the SB discussion.

34 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I have a friend who's a Vikings fan.  He's convinced that the Vikings were SB contenders before Bridgewater went down.  He's also convinced that with Bradford, they're right back in the SB discussion.

Not surprising, I see a few pundits still think the Vikings can be dangerous, they are 6 win team at this point, max.  It is still shocking that they let go of a 1st rounder for Sam Bradford, buffoonery. 

57 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Is your friend Boomer Esiason?

http://thevikingage.com/2016/09/07/minnesota-vikings-super-bow-boomer-esiason/

Minnesota seems to be the Baseball Kansas City, no one gives them a chance, but I think they will be around near the end.

Watching the highlights of the Vikings game... the offense looks very mediocre.  Now, maybe Bradford will improve it next week, but it wasn't that impressive at all, at least in the highlights.

I assumed that the offense did a decent job, but they never got a TD.  The defense got three turn overs and turned two of them into TDs.  The offense only managed 4 FGs.

Now, of course this doesn't mean the Vikings are a bad team.  A great defense can cover up a less-than offense easily, but that offense was really unimpressive for them.  Even Peterson only got 31 yards. Abdullah himself only rushed 2 yards less than the entire Vikings team gained on the ground.  Did you ever expect to hear that??

For some reason I had it in my head that the Vikings paid two first round picks for Bradford.  Looking back I see it's only a 1st next year and a 4th in 2018, so that's a little easier to swallow, but still as a Vikings fan I'd be pretty bummed about the future.  

This isn't to say that they might not rally yet this year and push for the playoffs and even get deep in the playoffs, but right now their team is looking broken.  Without Petterson in the backfield their offense isn't nearly as scary and without the defense looking stupendous anymore, I wouldn't put the Vikings as favorite even for a bye in the playoffs.

Looking at 2017... Petterson is on the wrong side of 30 now... still a threat but not the same as 3 or 4 years ago.  Bridgewater wasn't super special before... will be as good as he was before or better in 2017?  And no 1st round pick to plug in as a starter/potential super star player either.

Anyone remember what Bradford's contract status is?  Do the Vikings have control of him after this year?  If so, do you think they try to flip him for *something*... *anything*... to get back a little of what they paid for him?  

The Vikings poor performance this year has not been all his fault of course, but he's also not innocent.  And fair or not, the QB always gets the lion's share of the blame or credit when a team sucks or does well.  I doubt the Vikings get anything near what they paid for him... maybe a 3rd rounder?  

If no one offers anything decent for him, do the Vikings hold on to him through the draft and hope that someone else ends up in their boat this past year: Feeling like they have a legit shot but then losing their starter to a season ending injury?  (This assumes they have control of him in 2017 of course.)