Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

2016-17 Prediction thread

Even if he hits max potential is he better than Cousins?  

I don't see it but I haven't seen a lot of him.

If they wont trade him then Philly can't get Cousins and my idea doesn't work.  Because Sacramento would want both Okafor and Simmons IMO.  

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Even if he hits max potential is he better than Cousins?  

I don't see it but I haven't seen a lot of him.

If they wont trade him then Philly can't get Cousins and my idea doesn't work.  Because Sacramento would want both Okafor and Simmons IMO.  

It would depend on what you think of Cousins' attitude to a degree, but I think Simmons is a near sure fire bet to be a top 10 player, and soon. I'm not sure if its ridiculous to say that his absolute ceiling is Lebron. You also have to factor in cost and fit, as I'm not sure Philly is looking to trade for another post up big. 

It is so early to tell where Simmons will measure up.  Even if he ends up being more Kukoc than LBJ, he'll still be a really good NBA player.

At just three-years-old, I'm not sure if it is ridiculous to say that my son's ceiling at chess is Boris Spassky.

I really believe Cousins value is going to be suppressed because of his reputation.  We shall see if he gets traded what they get in return but it's going to be for a lesser return of talent than what they are giving up.  

On 10/28/2016 at 4:37 PM, mickeyb105 said:

It is so early to tell where Simmons will measure up.  Even if he ends up being more Kukoc than LBJ, he'll still be a really good NBA player.

At just three-years-old, I'm not sure if it is ridiculous to say that my son's ceiling at chess is Boris Spassky.

you can do better than this....

On 8/29/2016 at 11:01 AM, Deleterious said:

The Pistons win 50 games.

They advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

KCP shoots at least 35% from three.  

KCP makes one of the all defensive teams.

Drummond shoots less than 40% from the line.

The Pistons will be a top 10 defense this year.

Harden wins the MVP award.

Simmons wins ROY.

Minnesota and Denver will be fighting for the 8th seed in the West.

Golden State over Cleveland in the finals.

Cousins is traded this season.  

50 wins is obviously out.

If they don't get Cleveland in the 1st round this is still possible.  Not as confident though.

KCP currently shooting 37% from three.

I don't think he will make any of the all defensive teams.  

Drummond is at 43%.

The Pistons are currently the 7th ranked defense.

IMO Harden is the favorite for MVP right now.  

Simmons hasn't played a single game.  Even if he did, I doubt he would have beat out the year Embiid is having.

Denver is currently the 8th seed.  Minnesota is 3.5 behind them, but I don't get the feeling they will make a run.

Remains to be seen.

Cousins isn't going to be traded.  In my defense, this is mostly due to the changes in the new CBA which came about after I made these predictions.  

On 10/28/2016 at 7:10 AM, Casimir said:

Losing record until Jackson gets back.  Jackson comes back and the team recovers a bit to around more of a .500 team for a bit (but still below .500 on the season).  They pick up a bit more steam around the all star break, win more often then they lose, and rebound to around 41-41 and 43-39.  

Gotta agree with Euph on Drummond and Johnson.  I don't know if its mental or maturation or what to quite call it.  But if either (or even Harris) can improve upon what they were last season, they should be a better team, maybe even peaking significantly at the right time to be a tough out in the second round.

Well, the trajectory hasn't been what I thought it'd be.  I would like to think that they can still hit 43-39, but I think 39-43 is more likely at this point.

On 8/29/2016 at 11:58 AM, DaBishop said:

Pistons are 2 or 3 seed winning 50+ games and make the ECF

Drummond shoots exactly 43%

Reggie and AD makes the All-Star team

Westbrook wins MVP

Boston finds no takers for their draft picks

Utah is surprise 2 seed in West

Golden State wins championship

SVG coach of the year

looking good....looking reaaaal good

Who's better then me?

oops

He's averaging triple double. I think it's a toss up btw him and Harden

So far Ainge is still holding those picks too tightly.

That was a guess based on listening to too many talking heads

prob gonna play out

not gonna play out.

On 2/16/2017 at 6:08 AM, Deleterious said:

Cousins isn't going to be traded.  In my defense, this is mostly due to the changes in the new CBA which came about after I made these predictions.  

You had it right the first time.  

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:41 PM, NYLion said:

I think Ish and Leuer are going to be huge additions for a team that was starving for depth last season.  I like Reggie for what he is but I bet that they will look like more of a cohesive unit with Ish running the point.  The problems will be in crunch time where Reggie excelled.

It's hard to project a young team like this because development isn't always linear so some of the young guys could take a step back before they take a leap forward.  However, this is one of the deepest rosters in the east and most of these guys have already played together so there shouldn't be a lot of chemistry issues as opposed to a lot of the teams in the east so I'd be suprised if they took a step back this season, very surprised.  50 wins might be too ambitious but I'd say anywhere between 44-48 wins is realistic give or take a couple of wins and I'd lean towards them eclipsing 48 than not reaching 44.  If Reggie is out for much longer than currently expected, that could be trouble.  They are going to need him in the long run.

Well, I was certainly spot on with the first paragraph.  The rest?  Eh, not so much especially about the chemistry and being very surprised about regression.

It's always fun to look back on these threads and see our Nostradumbass predictions.  Some more than others, eh Del?  Just kidding buddy (somewhat :P)

Well, you weren't really going out on a limb with those predictions haha.  Outside of the Pistons win total that is.

In fairness to your Simmons prediction, I also think he would have won ROY if he was healthy.  His vision is exceptional.

Still have plenty of season left though so it's a little early for hindisght.

5 hours ago, NYLion said:

Well, you weren't really going out on a limb with those predictions haha.  Outside of the Pistons win total that is.

In fairness to your Simmons prediction, I also think he would have won ROY if he was healthy.  His vision is exceptional.

Still have plenty of season left though so it's a little early for hindisght.

I don't see Simmons winning ROY over Embiid if both are healthy.  Perhaps if voters penalize Embiid for only playing like 50 games.