Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

2016-17 Prediction thread

6 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

These seems ridiculous to me, considering the age of the core of this roster.  Last year was a baseline, and they made the playoffs, there is plenty of room for improvement for Drummond, KCP, Reggie, Stanley, and Ellenson (of course).  This roster is still a year or two away from maturation. 

Why would one of the youngest rosters in the league improve after all?

On 10/19/2016 at 7:57 PM, Nastradamus said:

Why would one of the youngest rosters in the league improve after all?

they are young, but not that young. Johnson and Ellensen are young young, the rest should all be pretty well along their learning curves by now. Does Ellensen project to play a lot of minutes that he could be difference maker? Johnson could. KCP had two years major college and has two NBA now, I'd look for more consistency but no revelations there. Ish and Westbrook are  mature players, Your big man has 4 yrs in the league under his belt. I don't see this team as being young in the sense of just having brought in a 20 yr old Isaiah who is going to explode into an all-star in the next two years and take the team with him.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

they are young, but not that young. Johnson and Ellensen are young young, the rest should all be pretty well along their learning curves by now. Does Ellensen project to play a lot of minutes that he could be difference maker? Johnson could. KCP had two years major college and has two NBA now, I'd look for more consistency but no revelations there. Ish and Westbrook are  mature players, Your big man has 4 yrs in the league under his belt. I don't see this team as being young in the sense of just having brought in a 20 yr old Isaiah who is going to explode into an all-star in the next two years and take the team with him.

the majority of our roster hasn't entered its prime. 

9 hours ago, Buddha said:

All young teams improve the next year.  Signed: the 2015 Milwaukee Bucks.

Definitely not a guarantee, but that's different than no room for improvement

Id take the over as well but I'm still a little bullish on them.  Im thinking around 47 or 48 wins with a potential for a 5 game swing either way.

This is a roughly .500 team unless Drummond grows up mentally, Johnson takes a significant leap forward in development, and Jackson is an above-average PG, in which case they will be an upper 40-win team.

Losing record until Jackson gets back.  Jackson comes back and the team recovers a bit to around more of a .500 team for a bit (but still below .500 on the season).  They pick up a bit more steam around the all star break, win more often then they lose, and rebound to around 41-41 and 43-39.  

Gotta agree with Euph on Drummond and Johnson.  I don't know if its mental or maturation or what to quite call it.  But if either (or even Harris) can improve upon what they were last season, they should be a better team, maybe even peaking significantly at the right time to be a tough out in the second round.

Boston - A lot of assets to make the trade.  Maybe the aren't interested after adding Horford but I think if you have a shot at a player like Cousins you do it and figure out things later.  They could probably play together or you can trade Horford.

Denver - A lot of good, young players, but nobody great.  Cousins really likes Malone so the prospect of him signing long term would be good.

Philadelphia - Can he play with Embiid?  On offense they probably can.  A front line of Saric, Cousins, and Embiid would be huge.  But they would get destroyed on defense against smaller teams who want to spread the floor.  You probably take the gamble based on Embiids health issues.

L.A. - Putting them here because L.A. has to have a big man, its tradition.  

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Boston - A lot of assets to make the trade.  Maybe the aren't interested after adding Horford but I think if you have a shot at a player like Cousins you do it and figure out things later.  They could probably play together or you can trade Horford.

Denver - A lot of good, young players, but nobody great.  Cousins really likes Malone so the prospect of him signing long term would be good.

Philadelphia - Can he play with Embiid?  On offense they probably can.  A front line of Saric, Cousins, and Embiid would be huge.  But they would get destroyed on defense against smaller teams who want to spread the floor.  You probably take the gamble based on Embiids health issues.

L.A. - Putting them here because L.A. has to have a big man, its tradition.  

forget someone on that Philly frontline?

To be clear, I think Noel will be traded independently before Cousins hits the market.  And Okafor will be part of the package for Cousins.  

I also am less sure about a Cousins trade.  Joerger has an outside shot of making things work there.  

Cousins and a number 1 pick to milwaukee for greg monroe.

Thats what i was told he was worth two yeara ago by some folks around here...

21 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

No, he would be going in the trade I assume.

I'm pretty confident Philly would turn down Simmons for Cousins straight up

18 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

To be clear, I think Noel will be traded independently before Cousins hits the market.  And Okafor will be part of the package for Cousins.  

I also am less sure about a Cousins trade.  Joerger has an outside shot of making things work there.  

i think the trade would have to be Noel/Okafor/Saric and you'd have to buy into Simmons as a 3. Go big and bully these small ball teams I guess. I doubt Philly looks into it in the end. 

edit - Noel would get flipped

Just now, Nastradamus said:

I'm pretty confident Philly would turn down Simmons for Cousins straight up

I'm not.  He has a ton of question marks.  Cousins is proven and still young enough.  Always take proven over unproven.  

• Like 1

Just now, Deleterious said:

I'm not.  He has a ton of question marks.  Cousins is proven and still young enough.  Always take proven over unproven.  

I understand why you feel that way, and my post wasn't meant to mock the idea, but I'm still pretty confident Philly feels that way at the least. 

I also don't think he has a ton of question marks though. Just needs to get that jumper right. I don't worry about any of the other noise(killer instinct etc.)