RedRamage

Your six statues of Ford Field?

40 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, juiceman said:

Jim Schwartz throwing the challenge flag on a scoring play

See, that one doesn't both me as much because it seemed so obvious that the guy was down... I figure he was just really pissed.  I also think he may have thrown it before the score happened, but that might be selective memory.

14 hours ago, juiceman said:

Tatum Bell with Rudi Johnson's luggage

Roy Williams with the 1st down sign

Marty Mornhinweg taking the wind

Ndamukong Suh stomping

Dan Orlovsky with his foot stepping out of the back of the endzone

Joe Cullen sitting in his car at the drive thru window

No love for Schwartz going at Harbaugh?

On 8/17/2016 at 8:47 AM, Sports_Freak said:

Wayne Fontes would be 2 of the statues.............

The Big Buck wasn't THAT BIG haha. I'm telling you, Rasputin deserves a statue. Winnigest coach in franchise history.

22 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

No love for Schwartz going at Harbaugh?

Mentioned that one on another post.  :D  I think you could have at least six statues dedicated to coaches alone.

One statute of William Clay Ford. Followed by 5 large statutes of steaming piles of ****, which of course represent the 5 decades that he owned the team (actually 50 years and 4 months, but close enough).

On 8/21/2016 at 4:54 PM, stanpapi said:

One statute of William Clay Ford. Followed by 5 large statutes of steaming piles of ****, which of course represent the 5 decades that he owned the team (actually 50 years and 4 months, but close enough).

Okay, but the one for the 90s shouldn't be steaming.  Just a normal pile because they at least won a playoff game in that decade.

Monte Clark praying

Bobby Ross holding up 2 fingers

Steve Mariucci counting money

Stafford flipping his hat on the ground

A collective statue of Silverdome employees opening the doors during an opposing field goal

Billy Sims kicking an Oiler in the chest. 

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Monte Clark praying

Bobby Ross holding up 2 fingers

Steve Mariucci counting money

Stafford flipping his hat on the ground

A collective statue of Silverdome employees opening the doors during an opposing field goal

Billy Sims kicking an Oiler in the chest. 

What, no love for Mornhinweg taking the wind?

Since we're not an organization worthy of having a "Hall of Fame" or a "Ring of Honor" I'd like to see an interactive exhibit of futility at Ford Field too, in addition to these statues. Maybe start small with a Joey Harrington wing and expand it one Millen coach and draft pick at a time. 

1*5C57qyv3cexz9qSILaXLIQ.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Since we're not an organization worthy of having a "Hall of Fame" or a "Ring of Honor" I'd like to see an interactive exhibit of futility at Ford Field too, in addition to these statues. Maybe start small with a Joey Harrington wing and expand it one Millen coach and draft pick at a time. 

I think that's a little too harsh.  Granted, ya have to go back quite a bit of time, but there was an era where the Lions were THE dominate team.  The 50s to be exact.  And there were a number of players who were dominate even when the team itself wasn't.

7 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I think that's a little too harsh.  Granted, ya have to go back quite a bit of time, but there was an era where the Lions were THE dominate team.  The 50s to be exact.  And there were a number of players who were dominate even when the team itself wasn't.

Imagine though that you had one of those push button and talk type of exhibits. **Says in Steve Sabol's deep, charismatic, NFL Films voice**

"Chicago, Illinois, 2002. It was a frigid, windy day on November 24, 2002. On this day, the Detroit Lions were playing the Chicago Bears in a regular season NFL match-up. The game was intense and close throughout. Headed into sudden death overtime, Lions Head Coach Marty Mornhinweg had an important choice to make after winning the overtime coin toss. That choice, "Do I take the ball and be the first one to score so I can win the game or do I give the Bears the chance score first and win because I'm a complete clod and would rather have the wind at my back instead of winning the damn football game."

How cool would that exhibit be. If you can't have a championship trophy case, at least have something unique to put in its place.

On 8/30/2016 at 8:21 AM, RedRamage said:

What, no love for Mornhinweg taking the wind?

Hard to capture that in a moment.