Nastradamus

Final 53

PREDICTIONS

QB - Stafford,Orlovsky,Rudock(3) - I kinda wish they'd just keep Rudock and go to waivers if Stafford gets hurt. Don't think Orlovsky provies enough if any surplus value over an option like that. 

RB - Abdullah,Riddick,Zenner,Washington(4) - Washington is cheap, has upside and has STs value. I keep him over the guy who loses the Ridley/Zenner competition. 

FB - Burton (1)  Obviously

WR - Jones,Tate,Boldin,Jones,Lee (5) - I think these 5 will be here. Possible they keep Kerley too. 

TE - Ebron,Mulligan,Wick,Pettigrew(4) - I think they'll make sure Pettigrew is healthy before they cut Mulligan. Hard to say if Pettigrew is a PUP candidate or not as well. 

OT - Decker,Reiff,Ola (3)

G - Warford,Tomlinson,Schwartz,Dahl(T/G)   (4)

C - Swanson,Glasgow(2) - 

I suppose they could keep a 10th OL if they really like someone,but I doubt it. 

DE - Ansah,Taylor,Giberry,Copeland,Zettel(5)

DT - Ngata,Walker,Robinson,Reid,Charles(5)

LB - Levy,Whitehead,Bynes,Van Noy,Bostic,Williams (6) - Not really sure what's up with Bostic's health, or Levy's of course. If both are out, someone like Gooden or Greene gets kept. 

S - Quin,Bush,Kilebrew,Wilson (4)

CB - Slay,Diggs,Lawson,Walls,Carter,Bademosi(6)

No idea what LS they keep, then you have Prater and Martin of course. 

I left mine at 54 because I believe at least one of Levy/Bostic/Pettigrew starts on PUP or even IR. We keep a minimum of 5 LBs and then Carey is next man up followed by Kerley. 

Ideally you get something of value for whoever you cut out of Reid and Wright. Butler's a tough cut for me. You could argue keeping him over Walls, or maybe Zettel. 

I think Zenner as the leg up on Ridley right now.  I've been really impressed with Zenner personally.  He's not a feature back... probably not even a starter.  But he runs hard and hits the hole solidly.  I think he can be a very good player to have.

Is Zenner the new Joique Bell for this team? I'm not saying he will or should get the touches Bell got, but from a short yardage and goal line perspective, he seems to fill that role.

No reason to keep ridley.

Nice to see nastro has come around and realized gabe wright is going to get cut. :)

What a waste of a draft pick and a terrible trade.

I never liked Wright a ton. I just disagree with the idea that its a bad trade because of what they gave up. He either works out, or he doesn't. Fwiw he seems to be 4th on the depth chart as of now. Surprised that Reid seems to have regressed. No workouts with Suh this year?

Bostic's foot ia broken.  Cut. 

He was terrible with the bears and i cant imagine he'd suddenly be good with the lions.  Either put him on ir for the season or cut him.

As we all know, Caldwell loves DanO since the days of Indy so he probably stays on the roster unless the new GM master steps in.

I would have cut him after the Cincy game because what else is there to know about him? He is terrible and will not improve so why keep him around?

If there is a surprise qb cut, i wouldnt be shocked if the lions cut him and added someone from outside the organization.

At this point, joe dahl might end up starting over tomlinson.

I think it's too late to add another QB from the outside.  Just go with Rudock, he's been impressing me.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Anyone with a change of heart on Greg Hardy yet?

I'd take him honestly. Couldn't bring myself to turn him down. While we did sign Quarless, Quinn would have to really just come and say "yah, my stance on DV was total bs" so I don't see it happening

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

If there is a surprise qb cut, i wouldnt be shocked if the lions cut him and added someone from outside the organization.

At this point, joe dahl might end up starting over tomlinson.

Doubt the first one, second one is possible. Sure hope Tomlinson gets it together. Would it be Dahl over Schwartz?

18 hours ago, Scottish caveman said:

Here's hoping they improve the depths at LB and TE at the Final cut Waiver wire , still have to find a OLB that can cover and how long can they rely on Levy ?

Interesting stat of the day. With Levy the year before, we were 8th in DVOA against TEs. 29th last year. Here's hoping!

• Like 1

On 8/21/2016 at 10:20 PM, Buddha said:

DanO's one and only advantage right now is that he knows the system and the team.  I think this is important because a backup QB isn't going to get much in the way of reps, especially after the season starts.  So you want someone who knows the system inside and out who can step in and go right away without having to work from a limited playbook.

Right now, that knowledge still trumps his questionable skill.  A below average QB with good knowledge of the system, teammates, plays, and terminology gives you a better out side shot at a win than an average QB without that knowledge.

As someone else said if there's a surprise QB cut, that might shift things against him.

On 8/22/2016 at 7:44 AM, cruzer1 said:

I think it's too late to add another QB from the outside.  Just go with Rudock, he's been impressing me.

0-6 against the ravens.  Still impressing you?

0-6 against the ravens.  Still impressing you?

Small sample size

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Looked good in one game.  Looked meh in the second game.  Looked god awful in the thirs game.

Looks like a practice squad qb to me.  Considering where he was drafted, thats probably where he should be.