Sign in to follow this  
PuNk42AE

8/13/2016: Detroit Tigers vs Texas Rangers - 8:05 PM

CpcEXPVVIAEvUbK.jpg

From Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS

versus the

TEXAS RANGERS

ph_571510.jpg

Matt Boyd (3-2, 4.69)

Boyd was supposed to start Friday but was pushed to Saturday after the Tigers needed him to pitch the 14th inning in Detroit's 15-inning loss to the Mariners in Seattle on Tuesday night. Boyd is 0-3 with a 7.63 ERA in three career starts vs. Texas.

ph_430935.jpg

Cole Hamels (12-3, 2.89)

Hamels has picked up a quality start in four of his five outings since the All-Star break and has a 1.83 ERA over that span. The Rangers have won 10 of his last 12 starts, and they are 16-6 overall in his starts this year.

Cpt_RgAUEAACqqd.jpg:large

Oh, look. We get to face another amazing pitcher. 

This stretch has been brutal. How many aces in a row are we going to face? 

It's amazing how streaky this team continues to be.  They are on their fifth losing streak of four or more games, but they have also had seven winning streaks of four or more. That's got to be pretty rare even for a whole season.

vs. Hamels

Cabrera 15 ab's

.533/ .667/ .800/ 1.467

Saltalamachia 19 ab's

.263/ .300/ .632/ .932

Martinez 17 ab's

.118/ .167/ .294/

So which is it tonight? A well pitched Tiger game where our offense doesn't score or our SP giving up early inning multiple runs until our offense scores 4 or 5 late runs?

I guess a blow-out loss is better than our closer having a meltdown?

Game 116: Kinsler 2b, McGehee 3b, Cabrera 1b, Martinez dh, Martinez, J.D. rf, Upton lf, Aviles cf, Saltalamacchia c, Machado ss

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

So which is it tonight? A well pitched Tiger game where our offense doesn't score or our SP giving up early inning multiple runs until our offense scores 4 or 5 late runs?

I guess a blow-out loss is better than our closer having a meltdown?

I've got it low scoring through 4+. Texas scoring in 5th, 6th, and maybe 7th, and 8th. They will not score in the 9th because they'll be ahead and they will not bat. Tigers will score one involving JD right around the 7th.

1 hour ago, PuNk42AE said:

Game 116: Kinsler 2b, McGehee 3b, Cabrera 1b, Martinez dh, Martinez, J.D. rf, Upton lf, Aviles cf, Saltalamacchia c, Machado ss

Vomit emoji

• Like 2

Aviles in centerfield seems pretty risky for the "bat". Rather they just defend it the best they can with Collins or Romine.

Derek Hill, the Tigers’ first-round pick in 2014, will have Tommy John surgery this month and will be lost until at least midseason 2017.

Hill, 20, tore the ulnar collateral ligament in his right (throwing) arm early last week on a throw from the outfield during a game between Single A West Michigan and Bowling Green.

2 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Mike Aviles in center field, can someone kill Brad Ausmus. I mean not literally, but maybe

The Second Amendment people -- Maybe I don't know. 

(ducks for bringing politics into a game thread)

Monroe is just terrible...not being able to pronounce some of these names for a dude who's 'in the industry' is just bad.  Was he on as the color guy last night as well?

11 minutes ago, Tramlou said:

Monroe is just terrible...not being able to pronounce some of these names for a dude who's 'in the industry' is just bad.  Was he on as the color guy last night as well?

He is the whole series.

12 minutes ago, Tramlou said:

Yes.

I hate to be a fair weather fan.   Especially after not watching for a series.  But between the late start (I can normally stay up late on Fridays, but it just wasn't happening last night), the quick deficit, the unsightly pitching matchup, and Monroe, I bailed quickly.

I know I am in the minority with Monroe chipping in alongside Impemba and Gibson.  I don't want that going on the whole game.  Some here and there with different game situations, particularly between Gibson and Monroe is fine by me if they are sticking with game philosophy or what they see on the field.  But I wasn't having that broadcast last night.  Not in a losing effort.

3 minutes ago, Antrat said:

Did they lose yet?

no, but odds are Ausmus will try to get one too many innings from Mike "but he's pitching too well to take out!" Boyd and they will

Even after a couple of good at bats Mike Aviles still manages to do something mind bogglingly stupid

and then doubles down with a hilariously bad slide

I hate this guy. Can't we get Brennan Boesch or Delmon Young back in there

2 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Even after a couple of good at bats Mike Aviles still manages to do something mind bogglingly stupid

and then doubles down with a hilariously bad slide

I hate this guy. Can't we get Brennan Boesch or Delmon Young back in there

"Hey Mike, you've just gotten a 4-pitch walk. What are you going to do to celebrate?"

"Well, Jim, I'm going to get throw out on the base paths because I hate Tiger fans!"

And Salty is thrown out now. Good job Tigers, 2 outs on the bases in 1 inning. I guess they don't want to play anymore than what their contract requires this season.