Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
PuNk42AE

8/12/2016: Detroit Tigers vs Texas Rangers - 8:05 PM

Recommended Posts

CpmPOHMUEAEEcpt.jpg:large

From Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, it is the...


DETROIT TIGERS

versus the

TEXAS RANGERS




ph_434671.jpg

Anibal Sanchez (6-11, 5.88)

Sanchez turned in his best start of the season in his most recent outing, going eight innings for the first time in 2016 and limiting the Mets to one run on four hits while striking out 10 and not walking a batter in a no-decision.

 

ph_506433.jpg

Yu Darvish (2-3, 2.78)

Darvish went a season-high seven innings and gave up no runs on five hits while striking out eight against the Astros on Sunday. He’s struck out at least eight batters in four of his past five starts and has gone over six innings in his past two.

 

CpjkPTMUMAAmiuR.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting fires to burn up / dry out puddles on the infield?  Been there, done that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August 12, 1987 - The Braves send veteran pitcher Doyle Alexander to the Tigers in exchange for minor leaguer John Smoltz. Alexander will help lead the Tigers to the American League East title by posting a perfect 9-0 record.

August 12, 1971 - Mickey Lolich improves his record to 19-8 as the Tigers beat the Brewers 4-3.  Bill Freehan chips in a double and a triple while Gates Brown's three hits raises his season BA to .402.  :D  Box Score

August 12, 1969 - Tom Tresh and Tom Matchick each have 3 hits and 2 RBIs to pace the Tigers to a 7-1 victory over the Angels.  Mike Kilkenny goes the distance to get the win.  Box Score

August 12, 1968 - Denny McLain improves his record to 24-3 as the Tigers top the Indians 6-3.  Mickey Stanley, Jim Northrup and Norm Cash each drive in two runs apiece.  Box Score

August 12, 1945 - The Tigers sweep the Yankees in a Sunday double header 9-6 and 8-2 in front of a crowd of 54,969.  Game 1 goes 11 innings as winning pitcher Jim Tobin not only pitches the last 3 scoreless innings, he hits the walk off 3 run homer to end the game.  Hank Greenberg adds three hits including a double and triple.  Box Score Game 1.  In game 2, Hal Newhouser throws a complete game to improve to 18-7.  Roy Cullenbine drives in 3 with a HR and a double.   Box Score Game 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, davidsb said:

August 12, 1987 - The Braves send veteran pitcher Doyle Alexander to the Tigers in exchange for minor leaguer John Smoltz. Alexander will help lead the Tigers to the American League East title by posting a perfect 9-0 record.

August 12, 1971 - Mickey Lolich improves his record to 19-8 as the Tigers beat the Brewers 4-3.  Bill Freehan chips in a double and a triple while Gates Brown's three hits raises his season BA to .402.  :D  Box Score

August 12, 1969 - Tom Tresh and Tom Matchick each have 3 hits and 2 RBIs to pace the Tigers to a 7-1 victory over the Angels.  Mike Kilkenny goes the distance to get the win.  Box Score

August 12, 1968 - Denny McLain improves his record to 24-3 as the Tigers top the Indians 6-3.  Mickey Stanley, Jim Northrup and Norm Cash each drive in two runs apiece.  Box Score

August 12, 1945 - The Tigers sweep the Yankees in a Sunday double header 9-6 and 8-2 in front of a crowd of 54,969.  Game 1 goes 11 innings as winning pitcher Jim Tobin not only pitches the last 3 scoreless innings, he hits the walk off 3 run homer to end the game.  Hank Greenberg adds three hits including a double and triple.  Box Score Game 1.  In game 2, Hal Newhouser throws a complete game to improve to 18-7.  Roy Cullenbine drives in 3 with a HR and a double.   Box Score Game 2

The Brewers outfielder must have fallen down for Bill Freehan to get a triple..............................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigers lineup: Kinsler 2b, Collins cf, Cabrera 1b, VMart dh, JDMart rf, Upton lf, McGehee 3b, McCann c, Iglesias ss. Sanchez p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PuNk42AE said:

Salty and Norris hung out with Millar and his kids on the Lake yesterday

But they're on a losing streak, they should be spending time getting better not having fun on the lake!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iglesias has been scratched due to a hamstring and is now on the dl.

saupold is up because they probably can't get machado down until tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kdog said:

Iglesias has been scratched due to a hamstring and is now on the dl.

saupold is up because they probably can't get machado down until tomorrow.

I swear to God when I made my post earlier about no Aviles I was gonna say some smartass comment like "No Aviles, which means somebody is going to get injured so he finds a way to get in the lineup."  Unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Romine is in the lineup for iggy. But yeah this means more aviles. How the **** does Iglesias get put in the lineup and scratched and then on the dl within 2 hours? They had an off day to get machado down there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ridiculous, he obviously wasn't feeling right Wednesday which is why he gave him the night off.  So from that time till now he hurt it that much worse that it has to go on the DL?  For management's sake I'm hoping Iglesias just hid something from them and finally came clean about how bad it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dropping like flies. They clearly used up their quota of smiles from the baseball gods on the winning streak, and now it's devil take the hindmost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we somehow do win the division I think we can finally put to rest the fact that our farm system sucks or that we aren't deep enough to overcome any injuries.   We've been without our 2nd best pitcher for essentially 3 1/2 months(assuming he hasn't been healthy since April), our 2nd or 3rd best hitter for 2 months, our starting CF for about 2 months, our 4th and 5th starter for about a dozen or so starts, our starting 3B is out for several weeks, now we find out our starting SS is on the DL and on top of that our big FA signing has been below replacement level.  If we can overcome all that and still win 90+ games and the division than that shows that we have more depth than people thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

dropping like flies. They clearly used up their quota of smiles from the baseball gods on the winning streak, and now it's devil take the hindmost.

I feel like Wile E. Coyote.....he's confident and euphoric, about 1 inch from catching the Roadrunner, who suddenly turns...the Coyote emerges from a cloud of smoke a thousand feet above the canyon with an "aw ****" look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It's ridiculous, he obviously wasn't feeling right Wednesday which is why he gave him the night off.  So from that time till now he hurt it that much worse that it has to go on the DL?  For management's sake I'm hoping Iglesias just hid something from them and finally came clean about how bad it is. 

In that game he tried to beat out a GB and lunged at 1st base. He came up lame but nothing else was said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Tigers reliever Shane Greene is available to pitch tonight. Threw off the mound before game, felt fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

In that game he tried to beat out a GB and lunged at 1st base. He came up lame but nothing else was said.

they panned over to him on the bench and he didn't have it stretched out or anything - in fact he was sitting with his feet tucked tight under the bench, which is not a position you'd likely pick if your HS was bothering you. I'd guess that is when he strained it but it only got worse enough to be an issue the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zimmerman is in Texas and cleared to play catch. Pelf is back in Detroit doing nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Machado isn't in the Toledo lineup so they probably have him on the plane to Dallas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And is Warwick even there?  Wouldn't he have gone back to Toledo after the M's game when they added Rondon back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Motown Sports Blog



  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,739
    • Total Posts
      2,999,919
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...