5 minutes ago, davidsb said:

Agreed. 

I think if they can continue to capture the backgrounds where the fan/stadium colors match the hat or uniform, it should be a nice set and may lure me into collecting again.

Advance checklist.  Base set numbers not yet released.  I hope the Aviles card is a mistake, we traded him to Atlanta over a month before the season ended and the Brave released him a few days later.  Gose is a joke also.

Base: Sanchez, Gose, Maybin, Norris, Rodriguez, Jones, Zimmerman, Upton, Cabrera, Aviles

Clear Parallel: Upton, Cabrera

1987 Topps: 87-7 Verlander, -15 Cabrera

Bowman Then & Now: B-16 Verlander, -20 Cabrera

Jackie Robinson Day: JRD-7 Cabrera

5 Tool: 5T-31 Cabrera

Gold Glove: GG-7 Kinsler

MLB Awards: ROY-1 Fulmer

Silver Slugger: SS-3 Cabrera

Not sure where else to post this, but I was just forced to take a bunch of my old stuff back from my parents house, and I found a bunch of my old sports cards. I highly doubt they are worth anything. But I want to do something with them other than throw them away. Are there any shops in the area that might take them at a modest price?

On 8/12/2016 at 11:19 AM, tiger337 said:

Are the cards not rectangular?

It looks like cards stacked on top of each other and what I thought was the top one was not rectangular. Now, I see it's one card.  The bottom of the card is distracting, but I am old school about baseball cards.  

12 hours ago, stanpapi said:

I like the borderless design. But I'm not really a fan of the bottom of the card.

Borderless is fine.  It would be a nice looking card if they just put the players name and team straight across the bottom of the card.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2017 at 11:48 AM, tiger337 said:

Borderless is fine.  It would be a nice looking card if they just put the players name and team straight across the bottom of the card.  

Look...we agree?

4 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Look...we agree?

It is always good to find common ground on SOMETHING.  :-)

I had a pretty fortunate pull in a pack of 2017 Topps the other day.  Got this Printing Plate card of Justin Upton.  I think they make it in a few other colors, but it's truly an original (1 of 1).

J-UP2.jpg

J-UP.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peze23 said:

I had a pretty fortunate pull in a pack of 2017 Topps the other day.  Got this Printing Plate card of Justin Upton.  I think they make it in a few other colors, but it's truly an original (1 of 1).

J-UP2.jpg

J-UP.jpg

Also, I have not mastered how to get pictures to show right-side up on this site yet...  Apologies for the upside down-ness.