On 8/7/2020 at 8:21 PM, jbhappy said:

a friend pointed me at Jelle's Marble Runs the other day. if you watch Last Week Tonight, you might already know about it, but if you don't: 

Yeah, we watched some of these at the beginning of the pandemic.  It was fun for a bit.

Drew and Mike called Tommy Chong yesterday.  He told a story about going to a party with George Harrison in Malibu.  They were passing a joint back and forth and a third person sort of walked up and Tommy turned to him to pass him the joint and it was Tony Dow.  Wally Beaver partied with George Harrison and Tommy Chong.

They are chicken nuggets, but you put that on a menu and most self respecting adult males are not going to order them at the local sports bar.  As stupid as that is...there it is.

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Drew and Mike called Tommy Chong yesterday.  He told a story about going to a party with George Harrison in Malibu.  They were passing a joint back and forth and a third person sort of walked up and Tommy turned to him to pass him the joint and it was Tony Dow.  Wally Beaver partied with George Harrison and Tommy Chong.

How surreal would that be... 

Wally has had a fine career as a director and such.  He was the perfect kid. I actually knew someone like that. Did everything right in life it seems.  Same guy has a connection to Tarik Skubal oddly enough. 

I just learned that Rosanna Arquette, "the one with all the **** in her face" as John Travolta would call her in Pulp Fiction, inspired both Toto's "Rosanna" and "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. That's pretty badass. 

14 minutes ago, Oblong said:

was it because she had a stud in her tongue?

1A4J.gif

• Like 1

I’m totally addicted to this app called flightradar24.  Living and growing up near metro airplanes landing and taking off has always been a part of my life.  This is real time and when you click on the plane it tells you the flight details , what kind of plane, etc.  it’s so addicting.  I sit on my patio and when I see one I check on it.  Very voyeuristic.   It also makes me sad because my dad would have loved this.  We used to sit on the front porch and watch them all come in.  Sometimes we would drive out and park by the airport and watch.  

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I’m totally addicted to this app called flightradar24.  Living and growing up near metro airplanes landing and taking off has always been a part of my life.  This is real time and when you click on the plane it tells you the flight details , what kind of plane, etc.  it’s so addicting.  I sit on my patio and when I see one I check on it.  Very voyeuristic.   It also makes me sad because my dad would have loved this.  We used to sit on the front porch and watch them all come in.  Sometimes we would drive out and park by the airport and watch.  

Yup, I use that as well. I live near the LB airport (3,000 ft from where they land) and can see planes coming in from my back yard. I'll photograph them from the end of the runway sometimes. Sometimes I'll hear a military jet take off so I'll pull that up to see what it was. They're either always too fast or aren't tracked on this. I assume it's only commercial flight. 

It was raining ashes on my car yesterday. Some fire nearby but not within 10+ miles. They can travel a long way. 

r/Portland has all kinds of crazy sky/light pics today. spent waaaay too much time looking at them.