The replies are funny. 

we had a mom in our church that had 3 boys.  Her plate was a variation on that but when I first saw it I thought it said “boy sex”.  Something like boys3x. 

not a license plate, but once I bought some towels, and on the receipt, all the non-leading vowels were removed from the item:

EGYPTN SPRM BTH

short for "Egyptian Supreme Bath (towels)", obviously.

RIP to Terry Jones of Monty Python. As someone who has watched Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and Meaning of Life probably 100 times combined I am sad to see Jones pass.

This new learning amazes me Sir Bedevere. Explain to me again how sheep’s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes. Certainly sire!

WARNING -  Swearing in this.  

But don't watch at work anyway because you'll laugh hysterically.   It gets funnier with repeated viewings.   

5 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Interesting thing to me is that he was clearly trying to be selective - among over 5000 pieces of mail there were only 97 1st class items (he was pigeon-holing mostly marketing mail). So even while trying to be careful he still missed almost 100 pieces of mail that he apparently meant to deliver.

He used 99 phones and a wagon to trick Google Maps into thinking there was a traffic jam.

Seven Days in May was the first political thriller I read way back when. Good movie as well. S

Spartacus in an all time classic

On 2/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Deleterious said:

He used 99 phones and a wagon to trick Google Maps into thinking there was a traffic jam.

Why?  Just to be a peckerhead?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

where did he get 99 actived cell phones?

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

where did he get 99 actived cell phones?

I got 99 problems but a burner cell phone ain't 1.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:20 AM, Casimir said:

It does demonstrate just how much data comes off of people's phones if they're not careful. That's possibly a bit more of an issue in Germany as well - if you've not tried to use street view in Germany before it's worth a quick try to demonstrate the differences between cultures in this regard.

But walking down the middle of the road was pretty daft.

RIP Orson Bean

https://apnews.com/c74e551badceefd745bc32d10e4515ff?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Those of us old enough to remember him on the old game shows and late night talk shows.

He was also the voice of Bilbo Baggins in the animated version of The Hobbit

But he also gave me my favorite piece of advice more than 40 years ago. This was following an interview he gave my wife when we first started dating. 

Men vacuum, Women dust

13 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

RIP Orson Bean

https://apnews.com/c74e551badceefd745bc32d10e4515ff?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Those of us old enough to remember him on the old game shows and late night talk shows.

He was also the voice of Bilbo Baggins in the animated version of The Hobbit

But he also gave me my favorite piece of advice more than 40 years ago. This was following an interview he gave my wife when we first started dating. 

Men vacuum, Women dust

Good line. Works at our house!

Also a member of the Dr.Quinn cast for those whose memory doesn't go back to "To Tell the Truth"    🧓

8 hours ago, Blue Square Thing said:

It does demonstrate just how much data comes off of people's phones if they're not careful. That's possibly a bit more of an issue in Germany as well - if you've not tried to use street view in Germany before it's worth a quick try to demonstrate the differences between cultures in this regard.

But walking down the middle of the road was pretty daft.

Yes, that is a very good illustration of phone data.

I wonder about the walking down the middle of the road.  I sometimes use an app when I go for a bicycle ride, just to see time and distance and that type of deal.  So, it will give total distance traveled and also distance of displacement (simply the linear distance between the beginning point and the ending point).  Its a free & cheap app, but I've wondered how accurate it is on reading your positioning.  So, going back to the wagon, where is the fine line between a traffic jam showing up on the map and business as usual?  How wold the phones be read on the sidewalk 10 feet off of the road?   Along the curb?

4 hours ago, Casimir said:

I wonder about the walking down the middle of the road.  I sometimes use an app when I go for a bicycle ride, just to see time and distance and that type of deal.  So, it will give total distance traveled and also distance of displacement (simply the linear distance between the beginning point and the ending point).  Its a free & cheap app, but I've wondered how accurate it is on reading your positioning.  So, going back to the wagon, where is the fine line between a traffic jam showing up on the map and business as usual?  How wold the phones be read on the sidewalk 10 feet off of the road?   Along the curb?

I have no details what they actually do, but there are a lot of approaches that would help you determine what you were seeing: for one, there is probably history in the system for what is 'normal' at any given location so you look for differences from normal at that particular location. Things like the normal level of slow moving pedestrian traffic will quickly get filtered out.  You can also weight the attention given to a signal based on it's history. For example, a signal that originated more than a mile or two away is not likely a pedestrian, etc.,etc.

14 hours ago, Casimir said:

Yes - it's full of holes actually. The phones are all in the same wagon for starters - I know the GPS will bounce around off the buildings, but it should still be accurate enough to show that they're too close together really.

I guess he had to run at times to not show up as a pedestrian as well.

5 hours ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Yes - it's full of holes actually. The phones are all in the same wagon for starters - I know the GPS will bounce around off the buildings, but it should still be accurate enough to show that they're too close together really.

I guess he had to run at times to not show up as a pedestrian as well.

It sure seems like grabbing a drink and logging onto MTS to ***** about the Tigers or Pistons or politics would have been a more productive use of time.

• Like 1