3 minutes ago, rhino said:

Well, then maybe Sambo's was more fun, at least we had air conditioning.

My summers during high school were spent detasseling corn. A kid age 13 and up could earn a lot of money doing that. It was good, hard and honest work.

I actually was one of those guys who photographed you when you came into the park and sold it to you in the little viewer later in the day.  25 years ago.

That doesn't make you feel old at all.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I actually was one of those guys who photographed you when you came into the park and sold it to you in the little viewer later in the day.  25 years ago.

That doesn't make you feel old at all.

Why did they chose that job for you?  Were you not good with your thumbs up, and so ride work was out of the question?

Edit to add:  I'm not sure if I would recognize Cedar point now.  I have not been there in quite a while.  Probably 20 years.

I got that job because I knew someone in the booth who put a good word in for me.

Ride work then was almost exclusively for women.  Men only worked water rides (for obvious reasons) and Sky Ride because they had to physically stop the cars to let passengers off and on.  Virtually all sky ride workers then were football players.

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

The revolving role of KFC pitchman..... good, bad, ridiculous?

i assumed at some point there would be a story to tie all to together and draw interest to the campaign, but they have just drawn it out so long with no backstory development that I'm sure nobody gives a FF.

The only thing interesting to me is that something in the original sales agreement or corporate rearrangement has finally changed or expired as under the terms of the agreement after the Colonel died and the remaining interest in KFC was sold to Pepsico,  part of the terms were that the new owners were not allowed to use a pitchman impersonating Sanders - which I take it is why it's been 30 yrs since and no-one has done it till recently. Maybe it was one of those 'till the last living direct relation dies" or some such.

People suck.   School teachers!  And involving their minor child in the crime.  Thieves ransack home of Bugs Henderson's widow to sell memorabilia on eBay  

The news article. http://www.ksla.com/story/32824999/2-east-texas-teachers-1-student-charged-with-burglary

Many more details from the widow/victim.   https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154619986783968&id=731268967&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

When I see pictures like this I want to run right out to the shelter and get one. But then I think of poop and vet bills.

GF's Aunt has the cutest black labs.

9 minutes ago, Antrat said:

I see that MLBTV finally came to their senses and now let you stream the MLB Network on your app or on a pc.

but do they still have the local blackout rules? Tiger games are the only reason I pay a cable bill now.

They went through the same nonsense about devices with MLB audio 2 or 3 yrs ago. Originally when you bought the audio on a PC you couldn't use it on a mobile. Then it switched so that if you bought the subscription from your phone's app store, it worked on your PC. So the first year they offered that we all had to cancel our PC based subscription and re-up on our mobiles. Who were they kidding by having it only work one-way?

• Like 1

I saw something on ringer.com today about a fan made hack that turns MLB.tv into a red zone type channel, automatically switching to high leverage situations across the league.

35 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I saw something on ringer.com today about a fan made hack that turns MLB.tv into a red zone type channel, automatically switching to high leverage situations across the league.

i want this

14 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

but do they still have the local blackout rules? Tiger games are the only reason I pay a cable bill now.

They went through the same nonsense about devices with MLB audio 2 or 3 yrs ago. Originally when you bought the audio on a PC you couldn't use it on a mobile. Then it switched so that if you bought the subscription from your phone's app store, it worked on your PC. So the first year they offered that we all had to cancel our PC based subscription and re-up on our mobiles. Who were they kidding by having it only work one-way?

You could always try a remote proxy.  Not 100% sure how well that would work... whether MLB would try to sniff past the proxy or whether it would lag or whether the proxy would be reliable or not, but that would be one way to try to make it look like you weren't in the local market.

46 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

You could always try a remote proxy.  Not 100% sure how well that would work... whether MLB would try to sniff past the proxy or whether it would lag or whether the proxy would be reliable or not, but that would be one way to try to make it look like you weren't in the local market.

I did that part of one year by going in through my employer' s VPN which was in another state and it did work fine. The question isn't to much the technical issue as whether the proxy host is reliable or an org whose mailing list you just don't want to be on.....

I'm pretty much in state of inertia about Comcast. I don't find the value worth the cost (we just are not TV watchers) but the time involved in researching all the options or picking one only to have it disappear in a year or two in a rapidly moving making isn't worth it either.