Casimir

Free Blaine Hardy

The kid is throwing well in Toledo, 4 BB (2 were IBB) versus 16 SO in 25 1/3 IP.  WHIP of 0.829, ERA of 1.78.  

Heck, one bad outing against Kansas City is skewing his numerals for this season.  Overall in 2016, he's at a 5.84 ERA, 1.60 SO/BB, 1.622 WHIP.  Take out his June 17th and he's at a 2.38 ERA, 1.40 SO/BB (ok, this one is odd), and 1.324 WHIP.

Bring him up in place of Molleken or DFA Lowe.

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

This is a bad thread and you should feel bad for posting it.

False.  He's a better pitcher than Molleken and Lowe.

Just now, kdog said:

They aren't eating money...it's painfully obvious.

And painful.

That said, why Molleken over Hardy in Detroit right now?

And he is their designated multiple inning guy to use in blowouts.

He has pitched in four games since his July 4 call up.

Probably more important for hardy to continue getting reps so they can figure out whether they can rely on him if they need to use him later in the season.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Wow, that's crazy.

Nope, just tired of seeing Lowe and Molleken take up space and was checking out Toledo's stats.  Saw how Hardy was doing and took another look at his 2016 and realized how one game really moved his stats.  I've never really been much of a Hardy fan, but I'd rather see him get the chance ahead of Molleken and Lowe.

Lowe just pisses me off to no end because I thought it was a cruddy signing from the beginning and unfortunately I was right for once.

Hardy will be back on 9/1, and I'm looking damn forward to it. 

There's no point in making the move now, because Molleken is a placeholder for either Zimm or Norris.  If you had Hardy take his spot, then you probably have to send him back down within a few days. 

Looking forward to that third quality LHP in the pen come September, though. Ryan looks to be a bit worn down to me. Giving Brad another decent option should be helpful.

I would be happy to have hardy instead of Ryan right now, I guess. But I don't think it really matters.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are service time issues in play. Not that a bottom tier bullpen piece is likely to make much in arbitration, or even likely to get to six years and free agency, but I guess it doesn't hurt to do what you can to maximize potential value.

38 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

My goodness - when he gets home and finds out that she posted that, he's going to be kind of annoyed.

He's a tough cookie, he won't complain.

• Like 1

If the internets are to be trusted, she is a former Miss Nebraska and has a doctorate in biomedicine from Northwestern.

So he probably outkicked his coverage in snagging her.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If the internets are to be trusted, she is a former Miss Nebraska and has a doctorate in biomedicine from Northwestern.

So he probably outkicked his coverage in snagging her.

He's a crafty lefty.

He could do a lot worse in the looks department.  I know I have.

EDIT: She should never pull her hair back, though.  Not a good look on her relative to her hair down.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He could do a lot worse in the looks department.  I know I have.

EDIT: She should never pull her hair back, though.  Not a good look on her relative to her hair down.

I bet he pulls her hair back. 

I gotta say, reading that article, I don't even care what she looks like (not entirely true). A smart woman who understands baseball? That's pretty hot. 

36 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

She looks more like a scientist than a beauty pageant winner. That's perfectly fine. Blaine is a decent pitcher but no Verlander. Same goes for their partners (looks only - Nicky seems better than Kate at advanced stats)

https://www.theknot.com/us/blaine-hardy-and-nicky-haverland-nov-2015/photos/254483

A little gummy, but I think she's pretty cute. I'd take her over Kate all day long. 

19 minutes ago, Yoda said:

A little gummy, but I think she's pretty cute. I'd take her over Kate all day long. 

Minnesota girl.

I bet he pulls her hair back. 

I gotta say, reading that article, I don't even care what she looks like (not entirely true). A smart woman who understands baseball? That's pretty hot. 

Are we sure she understands baseball, though? She chooses to post on BYB after all.

She also thinks that criticizing her husband's baseball team employer would somehow be a positive for him. (For the record, I don't think it matters, but still a poor decision).

She also doesn't seem to understand the concept of guaranteed contracts, options, and limited roster spots.

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

Are we sure she understands baseball, though? She chooses to post on BYB after all.

She also thinks that criticizing her husband's baseball team employer would somehow be a positive for him. (For the record, I don't think it matters, but still a poor decision).

She also doesn't seem to understand the concept of guaranteed contracts, options, and limited roster spots.

Didn't actually read it. I just saw her spouting off WHIPs and ERAs and that's probably more than any girl I've ever dated. 

Meanwhile, Kate is like "I love my new hair". This could have been timed better, hah.